English Political Thread Not For The Dumb Americans

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which ENGLISH Party Do You Support

Conservatives
4
14%
Liberal Democrats
6
21%
Labour
5
18%
BNP
3
11%
Green
5
18%
Other
5
18%
 
Total votes : 28

Postby Stopper on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 pm

Oops, you've got Green already.
User avatar
Lieutenant Stopper
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:14 am
Location: Supposed to be working...

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:54 pm

Liberal Democrats or the Socialist Respect party here......

I'm a dumb american but i took a test here...

http://www.quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=55599
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Stopper on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:34 pm

Hmmm, I'd be a bit worried there, kyle, if that's the result it gave you. This man is the leader of Respect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gall ... rother.jpg
User avatar
Lieutenant Stopper
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:14 am
Location: Supposed to be working...

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Well i got Liberal Democrats party... The things it said about the respect party i can get behind.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:23 pm

Machiavelli wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:
Scorba wrote:Who are the BMP? Perhaps you are referring to the British National Party, Max?


The M and N are right next to each other



Who's the dumb one now?


The BMP are the British Motocross Party

I voted for them when I was 14 as their manifesto promised a chrome Mongoose to all 14 year olds and all small rivers to be directed down open oval drains.

I never got the mongoose, but the local Indian Resturant got fire bombed twice.
Major Pedronicus
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Busy not shitting you....
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby TitusFinn on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:49 pm

Pedronicus wrote:
Machiavelli wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:
Scorba wrote:Who are the BMP? Perhaps you are referring to the British National Party, Max?


The M and N are right next to each other



Who's the dumb one now?


The BMP are the British Motocross Party

I voted for them when I was 14 as their manifesto promised a chrome Mongoose to all 14 year olds and all small rivers to be directed down open oval drains.

I never got the mongoose, but the local Indian Resturant got fire bombed twice.



HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:
User avatar
Lieutenant TitusFinn
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby vtmarik on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:49 am

As an American who isn't dumb and is genuinely interested in learning about the British political parties, may I request a link to some info.

Or should I just check wikipedia?
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
User avatar
Cadet vtmarik
 
Posts: 3863
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:51 am
Location: Riding on the waves of fear and loathing.

Postby Machiavelli on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 am

Well if anything intelligent had been said in this thread you could just read that, but without us Americans the thread is just lame. :roll:
Sergeant Machiavelli
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Finsdale on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:52 pm

Were they attempting to constitute all Americans as being dumb, or what? I may not consider myself a genius, but I really don't think I'm dumb.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Finsdale
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:57 pm

Postby vtmarik on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Finsdale wrote:Were they attempting to constitute all Americans as being dumb, or what? I may not consider myself a genius, but I really don't think I'm dumb.


Well compared to the brits, we are greatly less cultured.

However, our judges don't stop people from wearing a specific kind of hat just because they were wearing that hat when they robbed someone. Anti-Social Behaviour Orders are about the stupidest thing i've ever heard of, and I've read the Raelians' books.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
User avatar
Cadet vtmarik
 
Posts: 3863
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:51 am
Location: Riding on the waves of fear and loathing.

Postby Stopper on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:01 pm

I've never been convinced that British people are any more cultured or knowledgable than Americans. A country where The Sun is the best-selling newspaper and everyone is a monoglot can't be all that cultured!

BTW I can't recommend any better links than Wikipedia for British political parties, because not only do they have a page for each party, each page for each party actually contains a box at the bottom with links for all the major and minor parties. And it all seems pretty accurate & comprehensive.

If it was British news you were after, I'd recommend http://www.guardian.co.uk - it has a left-of-centre bias, but it's probably the fairest paper - but then I might just be biased myself!
User avatar
Lieutenant Stopper
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:14 am
Location: Supposed to be working...

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:05 pm

vtmarik wrote:
Finsdale wrote:Were they attempting to constitute all Americans as being dumb, or what? I may not consider myself a genius, but I really don't think I'm dumb.


Well compared to the brits, we are greatly less cultured.

However, our judges don't stop people from wearing a specific kind of hat just because they were wearing that hat when they robbed someone. Anti-Social Behaviour Orders are about the stupidest thing i've ever heard of, and I've read the Raelians' books.


Yeah we are greatly less cultured.. I had no clue british politics were so different until I took that test.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:12 am

Stopper wrote:I've never been convinced that British people are any more cultured or knowledgable than Americans. A country where The Sun is the best-selling newspaper and everyone is a monoglot can't be all that cultured!

BTW I can't recommend any better links than Wikipedia for British political parties, because not only do they have a page for each party, each page for each party actually contains a box at the bottom with links for all the major and minor parties. And it all seems pretty accurate & comprehensive.

If it was British news you were after, I'd recommend http://www.guardian.co.uk - it has a left-of-centre bias, but it's probably the fairest paper - but then I might just be biased myself!
I learned about the guardian from fark..

and if its canadian news your after since canada is all bascially great britain anyways its http://www.cbc.ca
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Stopper on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:36 pm

I was just wondering, kyle, in what particular way you were surprised to find British politics varied from American?

I have to say, that test you took - I could only plough through about 40 questions myself - it seems to ask questions on the minutiae of the parties' respective positions. That may be enlightening in a factual sort of way, but I doubt it gives much idea of why people in the UK vote the way they do.

Like, I vote (and donate to, and have membership of) Labour, but I agree with little of what the party does. I just feel I have to take a realistic position - and as things stand, the other parties will get my support over my dead body.
User avatar
Lieutenant Stopper
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 5:14 am
Location: Supposed to be working...

Postby Joe McCarthy on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:51 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:Yeah we are greatly less cultured.. I had no clue british politics were so different until I took that test.


Whats this we shit though man? You flunked a test, "we" didn't.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:35 am
Location: in the pink
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby vtmarik on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:14 pm

Joe McCarthy wrote:Whats this we shit though man? You flunked a test, "we" didn't.


"We" Americans are less cultured than the British. They're humor, manners, and affectations are superior to ours.

However, we still kill more people than them, so I guess we win. :roll:
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
User avatar
Cadet vtmarik
 
Posts: 3863
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:51 am
Location: Riding on the waves of fear and loathing.

Postby pikmin on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:44 pm

im an american and i know im not dumb.My teacher is though.We took the same test on middle age stuff and i aced it whil he failed horribly.and on a side note i dont know or care about british or american politics
User avatar
Cadet pikmin
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Stopper wrote:I was just wondering, kyle, in what particular way you were surprised to find British politics varied from American?

I have to say, that test you took - I could only plough through about 40 questions myself - it seems to ask questions on the minutiae of the parties' respective positions. That may be enlightening in a factual sort of way, but I doubt it gives much idea of why people in the UK vote the way they do.

Like, I vote (and donate to, and have membership of) Labour, but I agree with little of what the party does. I just feel I have to take a realistic position - and as things stand, the other parties will get my support over my dead body.


The issues that came up on the tests aren't common issues in american politics....
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:46 pm

Joe McCarthy wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:Yeah we are greatly less cultured.. I had no clue british politics were so different until I took that test.


Whats this we shit though man? You flunked a test, "we" didn't.


What test... you can't flunk a personality test.. I came out just as I expected.......
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby TitusFinn on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:26 pm

vtmarik wrote:
Joe McCarthy wrote:Whats this we shit though man? You flunked a test, "we" didn't.


"We" Americans are less cultured than the British. They're humor, manners, and affectations are superior to ours.

However, we still kill more people than them, so I guess we win. :roll:


I'd have to say that their humor is not superior to ours, since entertainment is a HUGE export for the USA. Don't get me wrong, they're awesomely funny, but I think "superior" is the wrong word..."equal" is probably more like it.

As for manners...ummm....can we say...The Sex Pistols...it's all relative, brother.


af·fec·ta·tion Audio pronunciation of "affectations" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fk-tshn)
n.

1. A show, pretense, or display.
2.
1. Behavior that is assumed rather than natural; artificiality.
2. A particular habit, as of speech or dress, adopted to give a false impression.


Look what I bolded! Hell, let them be superior in affectations.

:lol:
User avatar
Lieutenant TitusFinn
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby vtmarik on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:03 am

TitusFinn wrote:I'd have to say that their humor is not superior to ours, since entertainment is a HUGE export for the USA. Don't get me wrong, they're awesomely funny, but I think "superior" is the wrong word..."equal" is probably more like it.


More americans are entertained by drooling babies and people getting kicked in the crotch than by wise commentary and a keen eye for satire. That's how Gallagher made millions of Americans laugh by smashing a watermelon with a mallet while a comic genius like Bill Hicks could only do small clubs in the US.

Equal? You think our humor is equal? An American could never have come up with Monty Python. Compare the American version of "Coupling" to the British version of "Coupling."
Sure we get it right sometimes ("The Office") but most of the time it's the same formulaic sitcom over and over again.

As for manners...ummm....can we say...The Sex Pistols...it's all relative, brother.


You bring up the Sex Pistols, I bring up Ted Nugent. I love the man and his music, but he's not exactly the most mannered either.


af·fec·ta·tion Audio pronunciation of "affectations" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fk-tshn)
n.

1. A show, pretense, or display.
2.
1. Behavior that is assumed rather than natural; artificiality.
2. A particular habit, as of speech or dress, adopted to give a false impression.


Look what I bolded! Hell, let them be superior in affectations.

:lol:


Yeah, their affectations of civility and intelligence versus our affectations of fake breasts and even faker stupidity.

Personally, i'd rather talk to someone who pretended to be cultured than someone who pretended to be a 32DD while acting like Paris Hilton "because it's not cool to be a nerd."
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
User avatar
Cadet vtmarik
 
Posts: 3863
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:51 am
Location: Riding on the waves of fear and loathing.

Postby hawkeye on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:17 am

TitusFinn wrote:
vtmarik wrote:
Joe McCarthy wrote:Whats this we shit though man? You flunked a test, "we" didn't.


"We" Americans are less cultured than the British. They're humor, manners, and affectations are superior to ours.

However, we still kill more people than them, so I guess we win. :roll:


I'd have to say that their humor is not superior to ours, since entertainment is a HUGE export for the USA. Don't get me wrong, they're awesomely funny, but I think "superior" is the wrong word..."equal" is probably more like it.
our humor is much better than British humor in my opinion
Cook hawkeye
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:19 am
Location: RAGGLE FRAGGLE!!!

Postby wcaclimbing on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:26 pm

IM AMERICAN SO I GUESS I SHOULDN'T BE HERE :?
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing
 
Posts: 5598
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: In your quantum box....Maybe.
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Ronnie_K on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:35 am

In 1973, Under a Conservative Goverment. Ted Heath Introduced The 3 Day Week. It Was a Dark Time For The United Kingdom, In 1973. Those Tory Bastards, Turned Off Our Electricity.

The Conservatives Also Destroyed Liverpool in The 1980's, Under Thatcher The Milk Snatcher.

Since 1973 My Bruvvah Reggie and I, Have Been Socialists. Our Father Was A Docker, and Died Shortly After Losing His Job, In Seaforth Docks.




Image
User avatar
Cadet Ronnie_K
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:45 pm

Postby Utafar on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:07 am

I have one thing to say to all the british on this site that think americans are dumb or just dislike us



(with the help of the french :wink: ) we kicked your asses along with the asses of your german mercenaries in the American revoulution.

and we saved your asses in world war 2 so don't go disrespecting americans in any way except sarcasticly.



and no nationality has the right to disrespect any other nationality on this site or any other
Cook Utafar
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: A computer
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PLAYER57832

Login