Conquer Club

Evasive Action

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Evasive Action

Postby strike wolf on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:46 pm

I think that they need to start requiring that a young driver be able to use evasive action on the roadway in America. You wouldn't believe some of the situations I've had to deal with on the roadways.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby s.xkitten on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:47 pm

if they start requiring more shit for the young drivers of america, they have got to start requiring stuff for the old drivers of america...

you know, the ones that drive 40 MPH on the freeway, and 10 on the normal streets.

End of discussion
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby strike wolf on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:51 pm

they don't bother me as much as the drunken idiots who force me to cut across 3 lanes of traffic to avoid a wreck.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby s.xkitten on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:54 pm

they may not be as dangerous as the drunken idiots, but its already biased enough against teen drivers as is, without adding something else to the list.
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:56 pm

No, what is dangerous, is when you are driving down the street, getting ready for a right turn, then out of nowhere, a car is coming right at you in the wrong lane. :x Nearly made me crash, the idiot! :evil:
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby wicked on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:58 pm

Teen drivers die the most on the roads and get in the most crashes. The data isn't biased at all, it's spot on. There's definite need of strict guidelines where teen drivers are concerned, e.g. no cell phone usage, no driving at night unless for work, restricted number and age of passengers, etc...

Also, I do agree we also need more testing of older drivers as well.
Major wicked

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 am

wicked wrote:Teen drivers die the most on the roads and get in the most crashes. The data isn't biased at all, it's spot on. There's definite need of strict guidelines where teen drivers are concerned, e.g. no cell phone usage, no driving at night unless for work, restricted number and age of passengers, etc...

Cell phones are not just for teen drivers, I have seen plenty of middle-aged, or 20 something peoples driving with cell phones, and nearly causing accidents, then get mad at the other driver. :?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby riggable on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 am

or, a different view, How about they give Teenagers more school and teaching about how to drive in the first place before they are even allowed to drive by themselves?

This is what just happened a month or so ago, a new bill just passed requiring more hours in drives ed. Harsher and more definited Drivers Tests, and a requirement for the parents of prospective drivers to go to a class on teaching their kids how to drive safely.

I think this will work more effectively, and in the coming months I hope to see what affect this Bill has on teen drivers.
Sergeant riggable

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:01 am

what I am saying is we need to teach them how to get out of those dangerous situations like when you are on a wet street and you start to hydroplane. Rather than just say that teens are not allowed to drive when it's raining.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby s.xkitten on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:02 am

I don't care if they restrict it more, as long as they do something about the other hazards on the road too.

I never said the research was biased, believe me, my parents pound it into me every fucking day about how dangerous us teenagers are on the road.

My problem is that they ignore the threat that the older people pose too. Its dangerous to not drive the speed limit, people could easily rear end you, not to mention the fact that people get angry, and then speed else where, or act it out in some other dangerous fashion.
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby wicked on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:03 am

any and all of that is good. more training, more testing, sounds good! still doesn't change the fact as soon as you get a bunch of kids in a car, they're more distracted than when by themselves.
Major wicked

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:04 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
wicked wrote:Teen drivers die the most on the roads and get in the most crashes. The data isn't biased at all, it's spot on. There's definite need of strict guidelines where teen drivers are concerned, e.g. no cell phone usage, no driving at night unless for work, restricted number and age of passengers, etc...

Cell phones are not just for teen drivers, I have seen plenty of middle-aged, or 20 something peoples driving with cell phones, and nearly causing accidents, then get mad at the other driver. :?

Actually the guy who partially inspired thread, who cut me off and then proceeded to go 20 mph in the left lane for who knows how many miles was on his cell phone.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:08 am

s.xkitten wrote:Its dangerous to not drive the speed limit, people could easily rear end you.

Or run a red light going 65 mph and end up sideswiping you breaking your arm on top of other injuries.

And really a lot of people know that speeding can make driving more dangerous but ignore that with thoughts like "I'm too good of a driver to ever get into a wreck" That's why I think they need to teach evasive driving.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby wicked on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:13 am

There are defensive driving classes the public can take. I got on the list to take the one the SHP offered in NC when I was back there, but moved before I could take the class. They teach you some pretty cool stuff, but I don't think theirs is open to the public.
Major wicked

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:16 am

wicked wrote:There are defensive driving classes the public can take. I got on the list to take the one the SHP offered in NC when I was back there, but moved before I could take the class. They teach you some pretty cool stuff, but I don't think theirs is open to the public.
I don't think there's one of those where I live. :?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:16 am

Then maybe more people should take them.

It's not necessarily driving defensively as it is being able to keep yourself safe while driving. To an extent, driving defensively will help, but getting everyone to drive defensively I think is unrealistic.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby s.xkitten on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:29 am

And requiring more and more and more stuff to get through drivers ed, and get your license just pisses people off, so they don't listen as much, they barely scrape by on their driver's test, and then you turn these pumped up teens loose on the roads, they think they are finally free, of course they are going to go crazy on the roads.
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby autoload on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:33 am

I hate it when someone cuts me off right at the moment I'm about to ejaculate.
Major autoload

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:35 am

autoload wrote:I hate it when someone cuts me off right at the moment I'm about to ejaculate.
Not quite the right topic. :? But I do have to agree with what has been said thus far.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby firth4eva on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:36 am

its illegal here to use a "cell" phone when driving. and you must be 17 to drive too.
Captain firth4eva

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:37 am

firth4eva wrote:its illegal here to use a "cell" phone when driving. and you must be 17 to drive too.
15 with a licensed driver, and 16 by yourself, and 17 (where I live) to have an unliscensed driver under 18. :wink:
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby s.xkitten on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:25 am

15 if you're taking drivers ed, 15 1/2 if you aren't yet, 16 for a 'limited license' where you can drive yourself, but you can't drive others under the age of 18 or 21 (i don't remember) and then 16 1/2 to be able to drive everyone
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby s.xkitten on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:29 am

oh, and if you like apply for your learners permit under 18, you still have to wait the full 6 months between each drivers license/permit.

But if you're over 18, you just have to complete the requirements, and you can get your driver's license, and you have no probation period
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby Syzygy on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:36 am

You should see the 'coffins-on-wheels' or rather combi/taxis in South Africa.

Most of them are not roadworthy, the drivers couldn't give a **** about anyone else on the road, running robots, weaving between lanes, some using spanners instead of steering wheels, they drive at the speed they like whether 10km looking for passengers down a busy street or pulling 160km in a 40km zone, they overload their combi's to the max and are deathtraps etc. etc. /end mini-rant.
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Postby Titanic on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:54 am

s.xkitten wrote:15 if you're taking drivers ed, 15 1/2 if you aren't yet, 16 for a 'limited license' where you can drive yourself, but you can't drive others under the age of 18 or 21 (i don't remember) and then 16 1/2 to be able to drive everyone

Thats way too young imo. Here its 17 to start driving properly, although imo it should be at least 18, if not 19,20, or 21. Driving requires maturity and common sense, and a lot of 16 year olds just dont possess that (I for one didnt).

I think they should do it where your license only lasts for 5/10 years, so you have to reapply and redo the test.
Major Titanic

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,