Conquer Club

Weekly Rant Show

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Weekly Rant Show

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Greetings all.
Every friday night starting from today, I shall be hosting a show called "The Weekly Rant", where I find something, and complain about it.

The subject for my debut is: London.
Now a trip to London is rather rare for a Sussexer like myself, so it's normally an enjoyable experience. However, yesterday proved otherwise.
It didn't start off bad, the train journey was as good as it could have been, but it's all downhill from there. The first thing you notice when you step off at Victoria station, is the immense number of people. Now I don't function well in large crowds, I think it's all that "hu-man stupidity" getting to me. Bearing in mind this is half-term, there was still enough people to fill Wembley.
Now the main point of our visit was "Madame Tussauds", I'm sure you've heard of it. If you're not British - and therefore not an expert at queueing - then I suggest you stay well clear. It may look decieving when the line outside the building is only 12 meters long. But cunningly, the queue actually goes down some stairs, into a large room, and then upstairs again. By the time you've seen the "60 minutes waiting time" sign, it's already too late for escape. It gets better: the large room is dotted with vending machines for anyone who gets peckish, but the prices are deliberatly higher than anywhere else.
After 2 hours of looking at dummies, t'was time for lunch. Destination? Selfridges! Y'know, that building the size of Wales where they sell forks for £300 a pop. It's also the only place in the world where Ken Livingstone feels poor. The restaurant we chose was tucked away at the back of the building. Unfortunatly, the only thing on the menu I liked was Margherita pizza, which I had had the day before. And it t'wasn't as good. Bah.

So wraps up a day in London. Any guests for the show?
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby jnd94 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:52 pm

thats great. :wink:
Captain jnd94

Postby cena-rules on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:59 pm

you went within a mile of selfridges

you are a richer man than I
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Norse on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Minister, where abouts in sussex are you from?

I never knew.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:02 pm

And being a hampshire lad, I totally agree with you disposition for horrible London....ewww.,....what they need is a dose of Boris johnson.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:07 pm

I occasionaly have to make the trip to the strand....I like london, havng to work there occasionally, but i don see it as a tourist site...im too impatient.

There's fuck-all in London as well. nothing of any interest other than the occasional japanese tourist.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:09 pm

Norse wrote:Minister, where abouts in sussex are you from?

I never knew.

Y'know Worthing? Well I hail from a village called Rustington about 2 miles west of there.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Norse on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Yes, I cover worthing, at work, but never heard of rushington...in fact the only westerly places from worthington ive been are littlehampton, Goring and ferring. and east-preston..

Maybe you are in a little hovel, of delight, conservatism, DC posters and low taxes......can I live where you live?
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby frogger4 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:46 pm

great idea, a weakly thread.

what is a blog or a podcast for though?
Corporal frogger4

Postby The1exile on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Never been to madame tussauds. never seen the point.

Maybe going into london tomorrow, though mostly to hang around in mobs as the untutored youth do these days.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Titanic on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Norse wrote:I occasionaly have to make the trip to the strand....I like london, havng to work there occasionally, but i don see it as a tourist site...im too impatient.

There's f*ck-all in London as well. nothing of any interest other than the occasional japanese tourist.

Theres fck all in London? Clearly you have no idea. Theres so much to do anyone could spend over a week there and still not visit even half the places they wanted.

I'll agree that some places are expensive and the main attractions have long queues, but if you go in half term you've got to expect that.
Major Titanic

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:21 am

Norse wrote:Yes, I cover worthing, at work, but never heard of rushington...in fact the only westerly places from worthington ive been are littlehampton, Goring and ferring. and east-preston..

Maybe you are in a little hovel, of delight, conservatism, DC posters and low taxes......can I live where you live?

Rustington is right next to Littlehampton, between it and East Preston.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:21 am

frogger4 wrote:great idea, a weakly thread.

what is a blog or a podcast for though?

It may be like that, though a podcast is out of the question.

Private Minister Masket

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,