Conquer Club

best world war 2 song

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

which one is best?

Total votes : 0

best world war 2 song

Postby Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:48 pm

i love those old songs from ww2 period. you can better understand the mood of various sides in the war just by listening to these song.

i have found 10 songs from different sides, you listen to them and decide which one is the best. i would go for Lili Marleen (this song makes me like the Nazi, some heavy propaganda) but i'm feeling patriotic today so i'll choose Po šumama. Bella ciao and Katyusha are also great if u ask me.

here are the nominees:

1. Erika (german)
2. Lili Marleen (german)
3. Bella ciao (italian, partisan)
4. Katyusha (russian)
5. Partizan (russian)
6. Po šumama i gorama (in the forests and the hills) (yugoslav)
7. Always be an England (english)
8. The March of the British Grenadiers (british)
9. Praise the lord pass the ammunition (american, if u had any doubt)
10. Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (american)
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:07 pm

no comments? :cry:

Postby firth4eva on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Comment
Captain firth4eva

Postby UnderSeage on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:15 pm

I like the one where they talk about krauts and Japs and slapping oil on other mens backs in the phillipines
Private 1st Class UnderSeage

Postby UnderSeage on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:16 pm

actually on second thought i like the one that goes tie a yellow ribbon around my dads trouser tree...

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Here is my favourite world war 1 song...partly about the battle of galliploi.

The band played waltzing matilda (australia, obviously)
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:45 pm

one more from yugoslavia (i think this one was post-ww2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sMD6W0qhYk

lyrics:

With marshal Tito, heroic son
even hell can't stop us.
We rise our heads, march boldly
and clench our fists firmly.

We're all old race, yet we're not Goths
we're descendents of ancients Slavs.
Who says otherwise, he is lying
and he'll feel our fist.

All fingers on hand in battle and pain
partisan conscience has formed.
For what we need now, to the sun and to the sky
High we rise our fists.

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:53 pm

You don't like the gothic tribes then, no?
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Norse wrote:You don't like the gothic tribes then, no?

wrong, i have nothing against them. i think that part of our right-winged historians claimed that Croats are of gothic origin what undermined the idea of slavic state and Yugoslavian national identity which was imposed by ruling communist party. that's the main agenda behind this lyric.

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Simonov wrote:
Norse wrote:You don't like the gothic tribes then, no?

wrong, i have nothing against them. i think that part of our right-winged historians claimed that Croats are of gothic origin what undermined the idea of slavic state and Yugoslavian national identity which was imposed by ruling communist party. that's the main agenda behind this lyric.

I see.

Now in more enlightnened times, do you see yourself as more of a gothic, or more of a slav?

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:32 pm

Which war was "Over There" made for? WWI, wasn't it?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Re: best world war 2 song

Postby DaGip on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Simonov wrote:i love those old songs from ww2 period. you can better understand the mood of various sides in the war just by listening to these song.

i have found 10 songs from different sides, you listen to them and decide which one is the best. i would go for Lili Marleen (this song makes me like the Nazi, some heavy propaganda) but i'm feeling patriotic today so i'll choose Po šumama. Bella ciao and Katyusha are also great if u ask me.

here are the nominees:

1. Erika (german)
2. Lili Marleen (german)
3. Bella ciao (italian, partisan)
4. Katyusha (russian)
5. Partizan (russian)
6. Po šumama i gorama (in the forests and the hills) (yugoslav)
7. Always be an England (english)
8. The March of the British Grenadiers (british)
9. Praise the lord pass the ammunition (american, if u had any doubt)
10. Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (american)

Thanks for posting this, this is awesome! The March of the British Grenadiers is my fav! Britain Rocks! (except for all the cameras on the street corners).
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm

hate me for asking this but anyone know how to obtain the music off of Call of Duty 1-3?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby DaGip on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Erika is also pretty good! But I still like British Grenadiers...but I think Erika comes in close at number 2!
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby ignotus on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:26 pm

My favorite is Lili Marleen.

But this song is great to. I sing it under the shower. It is a song about Yugoslavian war pilots.
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:47 pm

Norse wrote:Now in more enlightnened times, do you see yourself as more of a gothic, or more of a slav?

oh, you're posing some tough questions Norse.

but if i must answer i see myself as a Slav. my language, tradition and culture and even name is slavic trough and trough.

but if u ask me of my origin that could get pretty complicated (you would get a different answer from every single one of my countrymen depending on the region they live in). there are couple of theories of croatian origin - slavic, gothic, iranic, bulgar, turkish and iliric. (there a lots of evidence for every single one of these theories, i believe we are certain mixture of these people). all of these tribes resided in certain period of history in these parts but were assimilated to slavic culture during time. there also lots of people with foreign lineage.

ilirs were a tribe that resided here during roman period , later came the goths and slav and assimilated local roman, greek and iliric inhabitants. they were then converted to christianity. we lived under strong influence of austrian, hungars and italians also. this was a border region toward turkish empire during a long period so many people have some of their roots there. it's a very complex question. fact is that slavic influence was dominant and it prevailed - in both gothic, iliric and other theories there's mention of "slavization" of original tribes. i like slavic theory the best, it has interesting mythology so if i had to choose i would pick that one.

my region has slavic culture with lots of german influences. my own family has mostly slavic (or slavized) and some german roots (according to grandfather's lastname).

this region has been an european melting pot. so it would be really hard to tell.

you can think of me as a goth but only in modern meaning (i don't dress or act like one but like goth-rock and industrial, and fancy that subculture in particular if i had to choose any, not this nowadays "emos" and shit but the old garde)

p.s. ignotus help me out with this one, you're a history teacher after all
Last edited by Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: best world war 2 song

Postby Simonov on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:53 pm

DaGip wrote:Thanks for posting this, this is awesome! The March of the British Grenadiers is my fav! Britain Rocks! (except for all the cameras on the street corners).

i'm glad you like it. :D please folks post more of these old songs if u can think of any...

Postby ignotus on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Simonov wrote:
Norse wrote:Now in more enlightnened times, do you see yourself as more of a gothic, or more of a slav?

oh, you're posing some tough questions Norse.

but if i must answer i see myself as a Slav. my language, tradition and culture and even name is slavic trough and trough.

but if u ask me of my origin that could get pretty complicated (you've would get a different answer from every single one of my countrymen depending on the region they live in). there are couple of theories of croatian origin - slavic, gothic, iranic, bulgar, turkish and iliric. (there a lots of evidence for every single one of these theories, i believe we are certain mixture of these people). all of these tribes resided in certain period of history in these parts but were assimilated to slavic culture during time. there also lots of people with foreign lineage.

ilirs were a tribe that resided here during roman period , later came the goths and slav and assimilated local roman, greek and iliric inhabitants. they were then converted to christianity. we lived under strong influence of austrian, hungars and italians also. this was a border region toward turkish empire during a long period so many people have some of their roots there. it's a very complex question. fact is that slavic influence was dominant and it prevailed - in both gothic, iliric and other theories there's mention of "slavization" of original tribes. i like slavic theory the best, it has interesting mythology so if i had to choose i would pick that one up.

my region has slavic culture with lots of german influences. my own family has mostly slavic (or slavized) and some german roots (according to grandfather's lastname).

this region has been an european melting pot. so it would be really hard to tell.

p.s. ignotus help me out with this one, you're a history teacher after all

We have a lot of foreign last names and different language influences ( for instance a lot of terms in Croatian language are of Germanic, Turkish, Italian & Hungarian influence).
Germanic influence is particularly visible in art (like architecture).

Yes you can see a real mixture of all influences in Croatia...
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby UnderSeage on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:02 pm

ignotus wrote:My favorite is Lili Marleen.

But this song is great to. I sing it under the shower. It is a song about Yugoslavian war pilots.

I dont think ive ever laughed so hard LOL

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Good answer siminov.

It's good to see a man who knows his roots.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby ignotus on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 pm

UnderSeage wrote:

I dont think ive ever laughed so hard LOL

Yes, it's a really silly song! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby -ShadySoul- on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:38 pm

have any of u heard the song by Fort Minor called Jap?

It's pretty good
talks about how unfair americans were to Japanese during the war and after
Sergeant 1st Class -ShadySoul-

Postby DaGip on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:38 pm

That one is really awesome!!! My sister-in-law is Slavik...I'm gonna e-mail this to her! I hope the song doesn't piss her off, as I do not know what it says!!!!! :? :lol: :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby munchie-man on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:23 pm

Bella Ciao :D
Sergeant 1st Class munchie-man

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:52 am

Always been Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree. I got a 4 CD set of WWII songs for my birthday eight years ago, and that's the only one that managed to get onto my iPod.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,