Conquer Club

Is Scotland still a Country?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Scotland still a Country?

Postby Jesse710 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:52 pm

Is Scotland still a country? Whenever I look on a map it isn't Labeled and it's part of Britan.

Thanks, Jesse710
Corporal Jesse710

Re: Is Scotland still a Country?

Postby Guiscard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:55 pm

Jesse710 wrote:Is Scotland still a country? Whenever I look on a map it isn't Labeled and it's part of Britan.

Thanks, Jesse710

Yes. It is. But it is also part of the British Isles, the United Kingdom and great Britain.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby suggs on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:57 pm

More so than for wo hundred years, with the 1707 Act of Union abolishing the scots parliament.
Blair gave Scotland babck to the Scottish, its first minster is A Scots Independance member.
But its also still part of the United Kindom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Re: Is Scotland still a Country?

Postby DaGip on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Jesse710 wrote:Is Scotland still a country? Whenever I look on a map it isn't Labeled and it's part of Britan.

Thanks, Jesse710

This should be a Poll question! I say Scotland is still its own country, but Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom. Here is what Wikipedia says about Scotland and some other countries that form the United Kingdom:

United Kingdom
The constituent countries of the United Kingdom are:[3]

England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland

These four constituent countries of the United Kingdom are sometimes also referred to as the Home Nations. The Parliament of the United Kingdom and the government of the United Kingdom are at Westminster in England. They deal with reserved matters, and with legislation specifically for England but not on matters which have been devolved to the separate governments in the other constituent countries (see Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly Government and Northern Ireland Executive).

The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are not part of the United Kingdom and are not represented in the United Kingdom Parliament. They are rather direct dependencies of the British Crown.

So in my opinion, and I am American, Scotland is a country.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby hrryflashman on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:07 pm

This is not upf or debate.
FACT: Scotland is its own country.
As is England, Wales and Nothern Ireland.
But they are part of The United Kingdom.
Corporal hrryflashman

Postby Jesse710 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:32 pm

So what if a player on Conquer Club is Scottish will his flag be Scottish or what?
Corporal Jesse710

Postby Guiscard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Jesse710 wrote:So what if a player on Conquer Club is Scottish will his flag be Scottish or what?

The flag on the profiles is that of the United Kingdom, so he'd be British (as in from the UK).
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Here is a slightly more accurate picture of the UK.

b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby unriggable on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:34 pm

I hate the britain situation. People are too proud of their regions that they have to keep them apart.
Cook unriggable

Postby Guiscard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:36 pm

unriggable wrote:I hate the britain situation. People are too proud of their regions that they have to keep them apart.

Err... they're not 'regions' like you might have in the states. They've always been separate countries, even if at various points conquered by another.

Postby luns101 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:40 pm

So now others are using the whole Venn Diagram thing...I hope you're proud of yourself, Stopper. :evil:
Major luns101

Postby Guiscard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 pm

luns101 wrote:So now others are using the whole Venn Diagram thing...I hope you're proud of yourself, Stopper. :evil:

Thats the first thing I thought of when reading the original post... shall I search for Stopper's original post or just google 'UK Venn diagram'. :D

Postby luns101 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Guiscard wrote:
luns101 wrote:So now others are using the whole Venn Diagram thing...I hope you're proud of yourself, Stopper. :evil:

Thats the first thing I thought of when reading the original post... shall I search for Stopper's original post or just google 'UK Venn diagram'. :D

What would be the most interesting is if Stopper could produce a Venn Diagram of some of the major poster's here on CC with their political beliefs. Now that would be something!
Major luns101

Postby Jesse710 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:44 pm

So basically it is a country inside a country?

Wow confusing. Why does it all have to be the UK.? Why can't they all be seperate on maps and stuff?
Corporal Jesse710

Postby Titanic on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Its not really a country as it does not have the political system of a country. It has limited powers politically which are controlled by the British government.

In other ways such as culturally it is its own country.
Major Titanic

Postby RobinJ on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Scotland is a country: fact. It is not an entirely free country but it is a country nonetheless. It is a part of the UK for the moment at least, although if the SNP can have its way then things would be different... oh how they all seem to hate the English... (now where has that been said before? :roll: )
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby Guiscard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Jesse710 wrote:So basically it is a country inside a country?

Wow confusing. Why does it all have to be the UK.? Why can't they all be seperate on maps and stuff?

No. Four countries. One Kingdom.

They're all countries who have separate parliaments for some regional issues, but are also governed from Westminster as a whole.

The reason they're not separate on maps sometimes is because it goes by the larger political entity of the UK.

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Sorry, this is clearer

b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby graeme89 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:54 pm

It's no wonder people get confused, in football and rugby we compete as seperate nations but in the olympics it's GB.
Sergeant graeme89

Postby KingPrime on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:38 pm

we britains like to confuse all the world, but then we also get confused on the same thing.
Sergeant KingPrime

Postby soundout9 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:43 pm

So scottland is its on idividual country or is it more of a state or territory of UK
Private soundout9

Postby UnderSeage on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:45 pm

Scotland is where the fairies and but pirates live right?
Private 1st Class UnderSeage

Postby Guiscard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:46 pm

soundout9 wrote:So scottland is its on idividual country or is it more of a state or territory of UK

For fucks sake, just wikipedia it.

Postby suggs on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:49 pm

soundout9 wrote:So scottland is its on idividual country or is it more of a state or territory of UK

Guiscards point above is the best summary.
But confusingly, it is an individual country WITHIN the UK-which, as Guscard pointed out, is the kingdom.

"England for the English..." (Morrissey)

"Take down the Union Jack" (Billy Bragg)
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:50 pm

Scotland has it's own parliament, governs itself to a great degree, and has it's own seperate identity. It is subsidised by england economy, and takes out than what it contributes...

I would drop them altogether if it was my choice, as well as the welsh. Nothing personal.

However, I would give northern Ireland the oppurtunity to remain in a union with england.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,