Conquer Club

Trust in your government

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What is the trust level you have in your own government?

Total votes : 0

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:32 am

jay_a2j wrote:You don't go mess with the biggest bully on the block because he has a PS3 and you don't!

Sane people don't do that yes.
Private Snorri1234

Re: Trust in your government

Postby b.k. barunt on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 pm

luns101 wrote:

There has to be something in your background that has helped shape why you believe one source of information about our government but reject other sources.

I guess for me, serving in the military and then later teaching at a minimum security jail has had some effect on how I view the government & law enforcement. I generally trust both institutions. I see that you are generally cynical of them through the videos that you post. Do you think that that is a balanced view and why?

Let's look at the credibility of the sources. Too simple? The government sources have been known to lie repeatedly and to such a ridiculous extent that it insults the intelligence of anyone who believes them. This is a historically documented fact. Examples? The examples given so far in this thread that you question, such as the Gulf of Tonkin Incident (proven
to be a concocted fraud on the part of our government), Watergate (factual proof that the government lied), The Warren Report (proven to be a crock of shit), etc. How about Viet Nam? What "sources" proved to be true and which were packed with blatant lies? The list goes on and on, and in each case, the government sources have proven to be absolutely untrustworthy - yet you continue to believe them. In my book that doesn't make you overly bright. Go figure.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,