How far should drunk driving punishment go?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How far should drunk driving punishment go?

Postby DublinDoogey on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:26 pm

I'm attending a mock government camp soon and we are required to write a bill for the mock senate section.

I decided to write one that would create stricter drunk driving punishments and I was just wondering what the people here thought would be good limits, jail times, monetary fees, ect...

thanks!

edit: I ask that you take this seriously, it isn't a joke. Also, could you also state actual limits or punishments, I'd appreciate that :)

thanks again!
Last edited by DublinDoogey on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cadet DublinDoogey
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:30 pm

death penalty :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

Politics: Not the oldest profession, but the results are still the same!***http://jaya2j.mybrute.com
User avatar
Captain jay_a2j
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:22 am
Location: In the center of the R3VOJUTION!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby Machiavelli on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:32 pm

It depends on the outcome, how drunk they were and if they have committed this crime before.
Sergeant Machiavelli
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Master Bush on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:32 pm

I don't think you should be punished at all.
PUCK YOU MODS!
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of phyiscal and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Master Bush
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:50 pm
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Machiavelli on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Do you guys take anything seriously :roll:
Sergeant Machiavelli
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby DublinDoogey on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Machiavelli wrote:It depends on the outcome, how drunk they were and if they have committed this crime before.


would you mind elaborating?
User avatar
Cadet DublinDoogey
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:36 pm

Master Bush wrote:I don't think you should be punished at all.




Well here's a guy we don't want making our laws.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

Politics: Not the oldest profession, but the results are still the same!***http://jaya2j.mybrute.com
User avatar
Captain jay_a2j
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:22 am
Location: In the center of the R3VOJUTION!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:36 pm

if its a repeat offense the penalty should be considerably higher than normal.
and if they hurt someone or cause an accident involving innocent people i would also hope the punishment would be higher than normal.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Machiavelli on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:38 pm

DublinDoogey wrote:
Machiavelli wrote:It depends on the outcome, how drunk they were and if they have committed this crime before.


would you mind elaborating?



AK_iceman wrote:if its a repeat offense the penalty should be considerably higher than normal.
and if they hurt someone or cause an involving people i would also hope the punishment would be higher than normal.


This is basically what I meant, except I also meant that it depends on their b!ood-alchohol level (how much they had to drink)
Sergeant Machiavelli
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:39 pm

First offense $10 000 fine.
Second Casteration.
Third firm warning.
Fourth License suspended for 11 hours.
Fifth free caig.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Machiavelli on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:41 pm

And I repeat...


Machiavelli wrote:Do you guys take anything seriously :roll:
Sergeant Machiavelli
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Master Bush on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:42 pm

Oh, I'm sorry guys. I thought the question was asking about rape. Carry on.
PUCK YOU MODS!
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of phyiscal and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Master Bush
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:50 pm
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:43 pm

Machiavelli wrote:And I repeat...


Machiavelli wrote:Do you guys take anything seriously :roll:
Casteration's not serious where you live?
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Machiavelli on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:46 pm

2dimes wrote:
Machiavelli wrote:And I repeat...


Machiavelli wrote:Do you guys take anything seriously :roll:
Casteration's not serious where you live?



Well giving someone a free keg after their fifth offense isnt
Sergeant Machiavelli
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:34 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Well I figured if you were not deffered by casteration you're not going to stop so I might as well get you too loaded to drive.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eddy_26 and 4 guests

Login