Conquer Club

How far should drunk driving punishment go?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:58 pm

if the driver is sorry and says they will never get drunk again, then leave him alone, but if the drunk is not sorry and will not promise not to do it again, then deport them
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:18 pm

I agree blood rules

NO AUTO CENSOR

blood-Control
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby qeee1 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:39 pm

Laws are immoral.

That aside:

It's horribly irresponsible from the start. In Ireland anti drink driving campaigns are heavily publicised so there really is no excuse.

I say take their liscence for a certain period of time maybe 6 months, and fine 'em heavily, maybe €1000. Repeat offenders should be banned from driving for at least 5 years. These should be backed up by publically funded anti-drink driving campaigns.

If there's an actual accident other things need to be taken into account.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:02 pm

2dimes wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:once addicted, you can't be "not addicted". You can however be in recovery.
I disagree, however you are correct in thinking a program cannot fix it.

I work at a drug/alcohol treatment facility. You can disagree (we call that denial). Programs are not intended to "fix" a problem. A desire to change is needed for any type of recovery to happen.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:15 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
2dimes wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:once addicted, you can't be "not addicted". You can however be in recovery.

I work at a drug/alcohol treatment facility. You can disagree (we call that denial). Programs are not intended to "fix" a problem. A desire to change is needed for any type of recovery to happen.
Again a drug/alcohol treatment facility cannot fix it. You should know what can but maybe you don't.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:29 pm

2dimes wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
2dimes wrote:

Again a drug/alcohol treatment facility cannot fix it. You should know what can but maybe you don't.

:roll:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Matthew 19:26?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:54 pm

2dimes wrote:Matthew 19:26?

Yes, I'm aware. But not all will go that route. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:09 pm

Most of us can not go that route because we lack the faith to allow it.
Last edited by 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:31 pm

2dimes wrote:Mr. Rolly eyes. :? Thing is it's not something to boot around talking about in some public conversations either.

I'd say with confedence though that I went from addicted to not. Trust me I wanted to stop for years before, I just couldn't.

See, that must be a denominational thing. I'm unaware of a verse that tells us to hide our faith. And yes JESUS can heal. I'm living proof too. Not from drugs but from MS. And I'll shout it from the mountain top giving God the glory.

Your truely, Mr. rolly-eyes
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:10 pm

Ok then, I'm not beaking off to undermine you.
Last edited by 2dimes on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:14 pm

Never said God didn't heal you of alcoholism. Nothing is impossible for Him.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Jolly Roger on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:31 pm

jay_a2j wrote:

Yeah it was a joke. But come on with the "easing up" on the D & D penalties! I drove ONCE under the influance(and only about 1/2 mile) and didn't like the feeling. So I never did it again. Put yourself in the shoes of the family members who lost a relative cause some drunk ran a red light. Tell them the laws are too harsh.

I agree 100%. There are must be thousands of people either paralysed or six feet under due to other people driving drunk. If you start drinking without first arranging alternate transportation, it puts innocent people at risk for no good reason. In effect, the person who does not plan for alternate transportation before drinking makes a conscious decision while still sober to put their convenience ahead of the safety of others. It's deplorable and the penalties should be stiff whether a drunk driver is involved in an accident or not. It's all about due diligence and respect for others. Call a cab, have a designated driver or, if all else fails, wake up a friend or family member in the middle of night for a ride if you have to. Better than being dead or, worse, killing somebody else.
Lieutenant Jolly Roger

drunking and driving

Postby Capt Killroy on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:25 pm

if you are busted first time offence one year of aa or na five times a week second time busted 2500 dollar fine 1000 hrs of communty service loss of driving for 2yrs third time 5000 dollar fine 10,000 hrs of communty service rehab loss of driving forever fourth well if there is a fourth you must have a big promblem much bigger then you think capt out
Corporal Capt Killroy

Postby mrdexter on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:59 pm

1st offence, lifetime ban from driving.
2nd offence, life imprisonment.
Positive: Great guy, will always play to his best. Honourable and fun to play with as well. You know you're in for a rough time playing mrdexter :) Game 31384 Haydena
Positive: Mr D is the golden child of CC, if we had to elect a king he'd get my vote! Game 76700 silus
Sergeant 1st Class mrdexter

Postby vtmarik on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:57 am

Drunk Driving punishment:

If you're caught in a random check or traffic stop and haven't crashed into anyone/anything, the current laws are sufficient.
If there is no death in a collision, permanent revokation of their license and payment of the medical care of the victims.
If there is a death due to a collision, equivalent to 1st degree murder.

I don't want to hear any of this "dimished capacity" BS. You chose to get drunk and not put together a plan for how you'll get home, you deal with the consequences.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,