Any other strategy game ya´ll play?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby macadamiaman on Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:48 am

Civ II comes to mind. Ever since it came out (well, nearly)
New Recruit macadamiaman

Postby shaddowfire on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:43 pm

I'd stay Warcraft 3, partially strategy.
Civilization great game, but I have to say the computer game is better than the board game.
Axis & Allies is amazing.
Obviously we all play Risk.
Age of Empires, another computer game.
As for online games, Fall of Empires, check it out you may like it.
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will the hero rise again or will darkness reign?

~Twilight Princess
Lieutenant shaddowfire

Postby madeinchinain85 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:15 am

Chess is probably a big one. I used to play Rise of Nations, C&Cs, and Starcraft when I was in High School. I only played the single player option of those games though, mostly because I was on 56k and the other because I was never that good :-p. Personally I like the turn based approach towards strategy gaming. Turn based is a true battle of strategies rather than management that most RTS's are about.
Corporal 1st Class madeinchinain85

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby vyvyan on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:27 pm

http://www.wargamehome.com/Forum/index.php

A fun, fourm based turn based set of games ranging from modern war, world war one, two, and even some silly ones like Lore.

Think of it as risk, but you buy different types of units and write actual plans when you invade other countries.
Captain vyvyan

Postby kingwaffles on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:33 pm

Hooray for Wargame! You should all check it out! You know you want to, tis lots of fun.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby vyvyan on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:36 pm

Waffles brought me here by the way.

GIVE THE MAN A RISK TIN!
Captain vyvyan

Fire emblem

Postby lilwdlnddude on Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:04 pm

Does anyone play any of the fire emblem games??? I find thoes games pretty cool...
Lieutenant lilwdlnddude

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Crimson_Knight on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:20 pm

Played the first FE to actually be ported to GBA (think it's like... 6 or 7 in Japan). Not bad, loved the large variety of classes and promoted classes... so cool and y (especially Lyn; her upgrade is uber- badassness). Earlier missions are not quite so fun, but once you get promotes, gets just plain awesome.
"I can only express puzzlement, that borders on alarm..."
~Klump, Sin City
Private Crimson_Knight

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby gadgetguy on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:25 pm

World @ War kicks butt
http://wawgame.com
Corporal gadgetguy

Postby Villi on Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:16 am

Aoe, AoK and aom was t3h pwn. AoE3 is ok. Hopefully rise of legends will be good.
Cadet Villi

Postby Silk on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am

Heh, just looking at my CD collection is like a history lesson in Strategy Gaming. I've got Age of Empires, Rise of Rome (AoE X-Pack), Age of Kings, The Conquerors (AoK X-Pack), Age of Mythology, The Titans (AoM X-Pack),
Dune, Dune II (Those two are way old, but still awesome.) Homeworld, Homeworld 2, Offworld Resource Base (Similar to Homeworld), Theocracy (Crap), Medieval: Total War (Best Strategy Game I've played!), Battlezone II (Cross between RTS and FPS, so it's awesome,) Stronghold 2 (Had potential, but was too slow and buggy), Dawn of War (Warhammer 40k, Yay!), Winter Assault (DoW X-Pack), Starcraft, Brood War (SC X-Pack), Civilisation II (The classic Turn-Based Strategy game. :)), Alpha Centauri (Civilisation in Space), Rise of Nations (Was alright, doesn't compare to the Age of Empires Series), Thrones and Patriots (RoN X-Pack,)... uh. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Thats not even counting my Shooters and RPG games.

I actually got linked here off HeavenGames, which is probably the worlds largest (purely) strategy gaming network, and I'm setting up a site similar to this at a place called The Whisper, which I moderate at. Slightly different game to Risk though. More... heated, and much more diplomacy.
Private Silk

Postby Zitzilla on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:32 pm

My mom wont let me play video games. Their bad for my upper thyroid cartalidge glands. They also diffuse my molecular stems in pulsion to my retina functions.
Private 1st Class Zitzilla

Postby madeinchinain85 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:41 pm

Zitzilla wrote:My mom wont let me play video games. Their bad for my upper thyroid cartalidge glands. They also diffuse my molecular stems in pulsion to my retina functions.

is that a big fancy way of saying they give you seizures?
Corporal 1st Class madeinchinain85

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Seizures

Postby Zitzilla on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:47 pm

No. Its a big fancy way of saying, "ask a doctor if you don't understand this."
Private 1st Class Zitzilla

Postby Sheik-e on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Sounds like a way to say, "I'm a prententious cocksucker."
Cook Sheik-e

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?