Bias in the Media, LOL

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:45 am

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
pimpdave wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... Btw, still waiting for your constitutional justification for the federal mandate forcing me to purchase insurance.


Because your tears are like sweet nectar.


... Yeah, well, she throws shite out there and when you ask her to back it up... nothing but crickets.

...

Yeah, such terrible stuff that several federal judges have already agreed with me, so ridiculous that the issue is now sitting in the Supreme court... as yet undecided, and that even though the current Supreme court is packed with Big business patsies.


... Agreed with you?! You've made no constitutional argument. You agreed you would, after you got over your cold, or dyed your hair, or gave your kid a bath or whatever it was this time. I'm not asking for a legal presentation, just in your own words - back up that mandate.

... And I am still waiting.

...

Well, since you claim ignorance, its that whole ability of the government to make rules necessary for the safety and security of the nation.

Beyond that, I have not said you have no grounds for your view, just that your ignorance of the opposition makes you sound like a raving lunatic instead of a legitimate debater.

MY views is that its far more constitutional than this idea that corporations have the right to give whatever they want to political campaigns in the name of free speech.. a LOT more. Yet, strangely, the same people who seem to opposed to one idea see no problem with the other.

I think we need a fully nationalized healthcare system.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

...Univision, the Spanish language TV network, is the only one with the balls to report this kind of thing.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/univi ... teenagers/

... I wonder why, seriously.

...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Its bad for everyone. Liberal news probably wont report something like that right before the presidential election, because it could hurt Obama somehow, since it happened while he was in charge of law enforcement. Conservative news won't report that because it could hurt Romney. His own family is illegally purchasing guns and running them to their compounds in Mexico.
And the media in the middle doesn't hold anyone's feet to the fire unless its sensationalist.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Its bad for everyone. Liberal news probably wont report something like that right before the presidential election, because it could hurt Obama somehow, since it happened while he was in charge of law enforcement. Conservative news won't report that because it could hurt Romney. His own family is illegally purchasing guns and running them to their compounds in Mexico.
And the media in the middle doesn't hold anyone's feet to the fire unless its sensationalist.


I'm not convinced there is a "media in the middle" anymore that isn't related to Comedy Central.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.

"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:11 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.


... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 am

Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.


... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

...

Interesting comparison, because when you actually LOOK at the data, it turns out that this whol global climate change idea is very strongly based by evidence and not belief at all.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.


... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

...

Interesting comparison, because when you actually LOOK at the data, it turns out that this whol global climate change idea is very strongly based by evidence and not belief at all.


... So you keep saying. Save it for the suckers and the stupid, eh?

...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.


... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

...

Interesting comparison, because when you actually LOOK at the data, it turns out that this whol global climate change idea is very strongly based by evidence and not belief at all.


... So you keep saying. Save it for the suckers and the stupid, eh?

...

Since you apparently feel nobel laureates and similar acclaim are just for suckers and the stupid, I consider that a compliment.
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 am

... Obama appoints wife of Univision owner to UN diplomatic post

... That's one way to curb criticism about Fast & Furious I suppose...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/26/3 ... ision.html

... Does this bother anybody besides me?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... er-up.html

...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 am

Sen. Paul: "Voters want to round up immigrants", says Philly.com News:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... rants.html


AP has retracted same article - knowing it to be a fabrication they can't get away with:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 9A.twitter
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 5:28 pm

LOL indeed. This thread wreaks of licked boots. I almost had to put this is the Zimmerman thread....

Both ABC and CBS presidents have SIBLINGS that work for Obama at the White House

http://www.therightscoop.com/richard-gr ... ite-house/
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Phatscotty wrote:LOL indeed. This thread wreaks of licked boots. I almost had to put this is the Zimmerman thread....

Both ABC and CBS presidents have SIBLINGS that work for Obama at the White House

http://www.therightscoop.com/richard-gr ... ite-house/


It's interesting in my mind that the only "scandals" you ever seem to find are related to Democrats. Why is that, Phatscotty?

And I put "scandals" in quotes because it's not really a scandal so much as it is standard cronyism.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat May 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Fox News Wins Lawsuit To Misinform Public – Seriously

Also google Amber Lyon, the former CNN anchor.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 pm



Do you have something that's not four years old?

And as I mentioned to Phatscotty, the only "scandals" you seem to ever find are ones that involve Republicans. Why is that?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat May 11, 2013 11:27 pm

That definitely involves all the networks. Fox won the lawsuit, but it definitely involves every major American network.

And the name I dropped speaks specifically about CNN cleaning up storys to make the government look better, so that they wouldn't lose government subsiding.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Ray Rider on Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.


... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

...

Interesting comparison, because when you actually LOOK at the data, it turns out that this whol global climate change idea is very strongly based by evidence and not belief at all.


... So you keep saying. Save it for the suckers and the stupid, eh?

...

Since you apparently feel nobel laureates and similar acclaim are just for suckers and the stupid, I consider that a compliment.

Speaking of suckers, stupid, and nobels...how about that nobel that Obama received eh?

Woodruff wrote:


Do you have something that's not four years old?

And as I mentioned to Phatscotty, the only "scandals" you seem to ever find are ones that involve Republicans. Why is that?

I rarely agree with Woodruff, but on this I gotta hand it to him. Funny how the bias in both is hardly perceived by the individuals themselves, however.

Mirror reflections on opposite ends of the spectrum, them two.
Image
Image
Highest score: 2221
User avatar
Major Ray Rider
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: In front of my computer, duh!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 12, 2013 12:08 am

Ray Rider wrote:I rarely agree with Woodruff, but on this I gotta hand it to him. Funny how the bias in both is hardly perceived by the individuals themselves, however.
Mirror reflections on opposite ends of the spectrum, them two.


That isn't even what bothers me about the two of them.

I mean, Night Strike and PLAYER are both pretty "opposite ends of the spectrum" themselves, and they both also tend not to see their own bias (hell, that's a problem for all of us). But at least the two of them will engage in dialogue and discussion most of the time. The lack of that willingness is what bothers me most about Phatscotty and Juan (though Juan didn't used to be that way, as I recall <sigh>).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun May 12, 2013 12:47 am

Neither of you dummies read the link. Fox's lawsuit opened up the way for all the news agencies.




So, Fox and the other gladiatorical cable news channels were given the okay to legally lie right around the time of the Iraq War’s birth – when media lies coincidentally hit a peak in both frequency and severity.

I did a Google search related to this story. Here’s what I came up with.

A Google search involving the words “Court of appeals + Fox News + Jane Akre” came up with 1,050 results. The first ten results spoke of this specific story, but of those results, not one was a mainstream media organization. The results included FoxBGHsuit.com, InjuryBoard,com, ThirdWorldTraveler.org, CeaseSPIN.org, Purefood.com, Relfe.com, SourceWatch.org, OrganicConsumers.org, TheCorporation.com, and DailyKos.com.

A Google search involving the words “Fox News + Jane Akre” brings up almost the same results, the only difference being a Wikipedia page for Jane Akre. On the “External Links” section on Jane’s Wikipedia page, we find an InjuryBoard.com article, as Jane is now editor-in-chief of the website. We also find an interview with Jane and her husband, from a documentary titled “The Corporation,” in which they detail what happened during the ordeal.

A Google News search brings up one article – written by Akre for InjuryBoard.com.

The closest hit to a mainstream media news site is a Baltimore Sun reader/commenter named “gonzoliberal” who has copy-and-pasted the CeaseSPIN.org article into a comment thread. Huffington Post has mentioned the case as well in a series of articles about tainted milk.

No mainstream news organizations – not even Fox television competitors – have reported on Jane Akre’s case for suspected reasons, which won’t be elaborated on.

Putting aside the fact that studies linked the hormone to cancer, the case is likely one of many just like it – especially since Akre and her husband, according to their own accounts, were initially offered a bribe to go away and never speak of the case again.




Juan_Bottom wrote:Also google Amber Lyon, the former CNN anchor.


In March 2013, the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency reported that Lyon had been directed by CNN to report selectively and falsely in order to sway public opinion in favor of direct American aggression against Iran and Syria, and that this was common practice at CNN.




So Fox sues to keep it's right to lie, and wins. Then along comes the NDAA, that sends subsidies to the networks to persuade them to clean-up stories and make the administration appear more capable. Since Fox cleared the way, everyone else is on-board for this. Amber Lyon goes along with it, until she leaves CNN and then once CNN isn't paying her bills anymore, she opens up about it.
The saddest part is that the freedom of the press was originally meant for those who could prove that what they were saying was true.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 am

That's why I basically just pay serious attention to Al Jazeera, the BBC, Russian Television and NPR (basically in that order, with NPR a distant fourth). Most of the good media comes from outside of our country.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Phatscotty on Sun May 12, 2013 1:20 am

You would think, on a playing field where 12 tv media networks are left of center, and 1 is right of center, it would be the 1 that might have the problem. It says a lot that it's the 12 and their viewers who are constantly bitching.

well, now right of center is going to have 2 networks. :shock: :shock: It's going to be even MORE unfair to the 12! The Blaze is being picked up by cable providers all across the country, I think they have 11 out of 17 now. (Any Wilkow fans out there? :D)

And just wait until Ala-cart cable takes over. Where subscribers have the freedom to choose only the networks they want, and are not forced to pay for a bunch they don't want. It will be the end of all the bullshit channels like Al-jazeera, and the continuation of the revolution (which started last night btw)

We are taking over the media
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun May 12, 2013 4:05 am

Woodruff wrote:That's why I basically just pay serious attention to Al Jazeera, the BBC, Russian Television and NPR (basically in that order, with NPR a distant fourth). Most of the good media comes from outside of our country.


You probably know this, but here's some advice.

Al Jazeera is great, but it's totally one-sided on issues with Israel.
Can't say much about BBC. Never found it interesting enough.
RT does host some greater commentators on the US, but the podium is also open to some crazy Americans, so filter with caution.
NPR is boring. With political economy, it's hardly critical, doesn't address fundamental issues, and usually paints a glossy, rose-tinted picture of government (but their quality really varies).
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:That definitely involves all the networks. Fox won the lawsuit, but it definitely involves every major American network.

And the name I dropped speaks specifically about CNN cleaning up storys to make the government look better, so that they wouldn't lose government subsiding.


Right on, JB,

and regarding the underlined, not only that, but they also want to be on good standing with the government in order to get exclusive access to the speeches of spokepersons and in general 'the hot shit'.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Gillipig on Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 am

TV, newspapers, radio, blogs they're all biased. They are written by humans, and we humans are incapable of escaping our biaseness. Some newspapers, tv stations, radio shows and blogs hide their bias better than others, or the things they show blatant bias about is almost universally accepted as objective truth, in which case most people don't even think of it as indoctrination. I often find myself wondering what future generations will be thinking of us and our society. How will they view our media? What will they think of our democracy? Is it a crude version of what they are themselves several hundred years later employing, or will we define why democracy can never work? Will our dream of eventually settling other planets be viewed as moronic and impossible, or will they have completed what we were only fit to dream about?
I wish I could pop in, just for a day, in the 26th century and see what has happened, and how they view us and our society.





And..............let's stop the rambling here lol.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 am

Phatscotty wrote:You would think, on a playing field where 12 tv media networks are left of center, and 1 is right of center, it would be the 1 that might have the problem. It says a lot that it's the 12 and their viewers who are constantly bitching.


The right (and this definitely includes you) NEVER STOPS BITCHING about the "left-dominated media", so I think you can go ahead and drop that tack, hypocrite.

Phatscotty wrote:And just wait until Ala-cart cable takes over. Where subscribers have the freedom to choose only the networks they want, and are not forced to pay for a bunch they don't want. It will be the end of all the bullshit channels like Al-jazeera, and the continuation of the revolution (which started last night btw)


The bullshit channels like Al Jazerra? I'm sorry you think that a center-oriented independent media is bullshit. I'm not surprised in the least...only disappointed.

Phatscotty wrote:We are taking over the media


It's funny that you keep saying "we" like it's a team thing. You mouth the words "freedom and equality" without being serious about them.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login