Bias in the Media, LOL

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:45 am

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
pimpdave wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... Btw, still waiting for your constitutional justification for the federal mandate forcing me to purchase insurance.

Because your tears are like sweet nectar.

... Yeah, well, she throws shite out there and when you ask her to back it up... nothing but crickets.

Yeah, such terrible stuff that several federal judges have already agreed with me, so ridiculous that the issue is now sitting in the Supreme court... as yet undecided, and that even though the current Supreme court is packed with Big business patsies.

... Agreed with you?! You've made no constitutional argument. You agreed you would, after you got over your cold, or dyed your hair, or gave your kid a bath or whatever it was this time. I'm not asking for a legal presentation, just in your own words - back up that mandate.

... And I am still waiting.

Well, since you claim ignorance, its that whole ability of the government to make rules necessary for the safety and security of the nation.

Beyond that, I have not said you have no grounds for your view, just that your ignorance of the opposition makes you sound like a raving lunatic instead of a legitimate debater.

MY views is that its far more constitutional than this idea that corporations have the right to give whatever they want to political campaigns in the name of free speech.. a LOT more. Yet, strangely, the same people who seem to opposed to one idea see no problem with the other.

I think we need a fully nationalized healthcare system.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

...Univision, the Spanish language TV network, is the only one with the balls to report this kind of thing.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/univi ... teenagers/

... I wonder why, seriously.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Its bad for everyone. Liberal news probably wont report something like that right before the presidential election, because it could hurt Obama somehow, since it happened while he was in charge of law enforcement. Conservative news won't report that because it could hurt Romney. His own family is illegally purchasing guns and running them to their compounds in Mexico.
And the media in the middle doesn't hold anyone's feet to the fire unless its sensationalist.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Its bad for everyone. Liberal news probably wont report something like that right before the presidential election, because it could hurt Obama somehow, since it happened while he was in charge of law enforcement. Conservative news won't report that because it could hurt Romney. His own family is illegally purchasing guns and running them to their compounds in Mexico.
And the media in the middle doesn't hold anyone's feet to the fire unless its sensationalist.

I'm not convinced there is a "media in the middle" anymore that isn't related to Comedy Central.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:11 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Is there a left tilt to the media's coverage of the news? If there is, can it be proven? And if it can be proven, can the consequences be quantified in a meaningful way? Acclaimed UCLA Professor of Political Science and Economics, Tim Groseclose, has the startling answers in this new Prager University course. Whatever you do, don't miss his final conclusion.

... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 am

Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

... Phats, I wouldn't argue with what the man says, but you have to wonder how skewed his research was in his development of that "scale" he created.

... It's similar in my mind to scientists with a vested career/financial interest supporting the global warming religion. Research strongly tends to lean the direction they wish it to, to support their own interests, and what is in their minds a foregone conclusion.

... Bias is extreme in most major media, no argument, but that scale.... I dunno'.

... Just saying.

Interesting comparison, because when you actually LOOK at the data, it turns out that this whol global climate change idea is very strongly based by evidence and not belief at all.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

... Just saying.

Interesting comparison, because when you actually LOOK at the data, it turns out that this whol global climate change idea is very strongly based by evidence and not belief at all.

... So you keep saying. Save it for the suckers and the stupid, eh?

Map Contribution (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

... Just saying.

... So you keep saying. Save it for the suckers and the stupid, eh?

Since you apparently feel nobel laureates and similar acclaim are just for suckers and the stupid, I consider that a compliment.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Training Achievement (1)

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 am

... Obama appoints wife of Univision owner to UN diplomatic post

... That's one way to curb criticism about Fast & Furious I suppose...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/26/3 ... ision.html

... Does this bother anybody besides me?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... er-up.html

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 am

Sen. Paul: "Voters want to round up immigrants", says Philly.com News:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... rants.html

AP has retracted same article - knowing it to be a fabrication they can't get away with:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 9A.twitter

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 5:28 pm

LOL indeed. This thread wreaks of licked boots. I almost had to put this is the Zimmerman thread....

Both ABC and CBS presidents have SIBLINGS that work for Obama at the White House

http://www.therightscoop.com/richard-gr ... ite-house/
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Phatscotty wrote:LOL indeed. This thread wreaks of licked boots. I almost had to put this is the Zimmerman thread....

Both ABC and CBS presidents have SIBLINGS that work for Obama at the White House

http://www.therightscoop.com/richard-gr ... ite-house/

It's interesting in my mind that the only "scandals" you ever seem to find are related to Democrats. Why is that, Phatscotty?

And I put "scandals" in quotes because it's not really a scandal so much as it is standard cronyism.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat May 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Fox News Wins Lawsuit To Misinform Public – Seriously

Also google Amber Lyon, the former CNN anchor.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Do you have something that's not four years old?

And as I mentioned to Phatscotty, the only "scandals" you seem to ever find are ones that involve Republicans. Why is that?

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?