Playoff system in NCAA Football

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should there be a playoff system?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:30 pm

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes : 15

Postby sfhbballnut on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 pm

I want to see college overtime in the NFL and playoffs in the NCAA, just a tourny of the top eight to be simple, or top sixteen if you want to get complex and unreallistic
Corporal sfhbballnut

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 pm

i say 64 teams and i wanna see one foot ins int the NFL
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Medals: 1
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby sfhbballnut on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Possibly, the exact rule would have to be adjusted for it to work. I think the reason the have that is to even out offense and defense so the offenses doesn't have some advantage
Corporal sfhbballnut

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:50 pm

i just like that rule because it's more exciting. ooohh, two feet, i mean that's a lot harder and less exciting than someone barely letting his foot hit the ground, and TD!!!!!!!!!!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby vtmarik on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:58 pm

P Gizzle wrote:i just like that rule because it's more exciting. ooohh, two feet, i mean that's a lot harder and less exciting than someone barely letting his foot hit the ground, and TD!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the player? It's Football. It should only matter if the ball is in the end zone.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:01 pm

well, it's not just the endzone. the rule is that in order for a catch to be called, in nfl, you have to have two feet in bounds. i like it better in NCAA where it's only one foot.

do you watch football, or not? i just want to know so i can explain things better.
Cook P Gizzle

Postby vtmarik on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:10 pm

P Gizzle wrote:well, it's not just the endzone. the rule is that in order for a catch to be called, in nfl, you have to have two feet in bounds. i like it better in NCAA where it's only one foot.

do you watch football, or not? i just want to know so i can explain things better.

I'm familiar with the in-bounds rules, I'm just saying if the catch is made and the player gets the ball over the line into the end zone, it should be a TD.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:12 pm

i agree. and that's how it is in NFL. you get the ball to "break the plane" then ur alright. see this is where controversy comes in though. it's impossible to tell sometimes. stuff like this happened in the Super Bowl and that's where Seahawks fans like me get mad
Cook P Gizzle

Postby vtmarik on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:20 pm

P Gizzle wrote:i agree. and that's how it is in NFL. you get the ball to "break the plane" then ur alright. see this is where controversy comes in though. it's impossible to tell sometimes. stuff like this happened in the Super Bowl and that's where Seahawks fans like me get mad

As long as you have officials on the field, you're going to have bad officiating.

Why don't they have a ref up in the booth with the broadcasters so they can get a birds-eye view of the play? Then there might be less confusion.

And on the subject of the BCS, I don't see why it exists. I honestly don't see why it ever existed. You take the champions from each division, but them into a tournament, winner is national champion.

Why is this supposedly so difficult?
Cadet vtmarik

Postby sfhbballnut on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:22 pm

The reciever still has to make a catch before its a touchdown, and that means stayng in bounds so that one needs to stay
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:09 pm

vtmarik wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:i agree. and that's how it is in NFL. you get the ball to "break the plane" then ur alright. see this is where controversy comes in though. it's impossible to tell sometimes. stuff like this happened in the Super Bowl and that's where Seahawks fans like me get mad

As long as you have officials on the field, you're going to have bad officiating.

Why don't they have a ref up in the booth with the broadcasters so they can get a birds-eye view of the play? Then there might be less confusion.

And on the subject of the BCS, I don't see why it exists. I honestly don't see why it ever existed. You take the champions from each division, but them into a tournament, winner is national champion.

Why is this supposedly so difficult?

i completely agree with you on both subjects!!!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby dcowboys055 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:15 pm

wrong poll. We all know there SHOULD be a playoff system, but WILL there ever be one? nope
XI since August '06
Major dcowboys055

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:18 pm

no there won't be
Cook P Gizzle

Next

Return to Babble-On Five