Conquer Club

Catholics and condoms

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Backglass on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:23 am

Paulicus wrote:the HIV virus can easilly fit between the latex mesh.. something like a fishnet trying to catch a marble.. if my memory seves me right on relative perportions.

Your memory is seriously flawed.

From the CDC:
"Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in preventing heterosexual sexual transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Research on the effectiveness of latex condoms in preventing heterosexual transmission is both comprehensive and conclusive. The ability of latex condoms to prevent transmission has been scientifically established in laboratory studies as well as in epidemiologic studies of uninfected persons at very high risk of infection because they were involved in sexual relationships with HIV-infected partners. The most recent meta-analysis of epidemiologic studies of condom effectiveness was published by Weller and Davis in 2004. This analysis refines and updates their previous report published in 1999. The analysis demonstrates that the consistent use of latex condoms provides a high degree of protection against heterosexual transmission of HIV. It should be noted that condom use cannot provide absolute protection against HIV. The surest way to avoid transmission of HIV is to abstain from sexual intercourse or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been tested and you know is uninfected."
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Mightyal-

Postby salvadevinemasse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:33 am

mightyal wrote:
Paulicus wrote: And yes the only way to stop AIDS is abstinence.. contraceptives are designed to prevent pregnancy.. but the HIV virus can easilly fit between the latex mesh..

This is absolutely not true.

OnlyAmbrose wrote:I can assure you that the best way of saving lives in Africa is abstinence. That's how Catholics all over the world do it.

Throughout history in every country in the world, a sustantial proportion of the population have enjoyed pre-marital and extra-marital sex. Always have, always will. That is reality, it isn't negotiable. For every person who buys into the abstience myth and somehow manages to abstain, many others don't and have unsafe sex due to lack of information/ misinformation. The best way to control the spread of STDs is through realistic and honest sex education. If you want fewer, earlier and safer abortions, empower people with knowledge. Catholics all over the world succumb to their atavistic urges, same as everyone else; they just feel guiltier. The only way to improve the world is to engage with it as it is, not how you wish it was.

Your very right. Sex is something that stays on through out the years weither its before or after marriage isnt really the point.. the point is that the latex condom unles broken, because its used wrong, is actually the best way to go, because it wont let in the STD's. (If used right it wont anyways) Now lambskin condoms are a whole different issue... From what I've heard about those they aren't the best..Infact Latex IS the best kind of condom to use. Now as VT Marik said in this thread if only we can send alot of the condoms off to africa because do we really want more people to suffer? I highly doubt we do. I dont care where the church stands I only care where the individuals stand because lets face it today in this world your risking alot not to use a condom when sleeping with someone new.

Salva-
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,