Atlanta Falcons: Vick worth keeping ?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Vick worth 138 million if he cant even pass ?

Yes
4
44%
No , GET HIM OUT!
3
33%
No, Trade him to some unlucky team.
2
22%
 
Total votes : 9

Atlanta Falcons: Vick worth keeping ?

Postby Ham on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:09 pm

Vick cant pass and I dare anyone to tell me he can effectively and consistently. He runs. He can throw it extremely fast and extremely long but he cant connect to the receivers. Atlanta loses most of its games because Vick can't get 1st downs. Some will say what about dunn? Well Dunn does pretty good in my opinion but the o-line isnt helping the situation.

Your thoughts ?
Last edited by Ham on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
Spreading the word

*XI games member: Where friends kill friends
User avatar
Sergeant Ham
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm

Well, the Falcons aren't gonna trade him. Our best shot is for someone 2 take out his knees with a carreer-ending injury and show the world our second string guy who in my opinion is better than Vick anyways.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8275
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Ham on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:16 pm

I cant remember which game it was but awhile back they took Vick out for 3 downs and the fans cheered when I think schwabb is his name got put it. They put vick in right after that and the crowd booed.

2nd stringer actually gets us first downs.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com
Spreading the word

*XI games member: Where friends kill friends
User avatar
Sergeant Ham
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby DogDoc on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:18 pm

I say "hell yes" keep him and keep a substantial portion of Atlanta's salary cap tied up. As long as Vick is the quarterback, Atlanta will be doomed to being just a mediocre team. And this is good news for the teams that I do like -- New Orleans and Carolina. I love it when a quarterback leads a team in rushing. It means he can't pass worth a crap and will duck and run at the first sign of pressure. Vick has played hell with Carolina's defense in the past but New Orleans sure has his number pegged.
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
User avatar
Corporal DogDoc
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:13 pm

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:25 pm

DogDoc wrote:I say "hell yes" keep him and keep a substantial portion of Atlanta's salary cap tied up. As long as Vick is the quarterback, Atlanta will be doomed to being just a mediocre team. And this is good news for the teams that I do like -- New Orleans and Carolina. I love it when a quarterback leads a team in rushing. It means he can't pass worth a crap and will duck and run at the first sign of pressure. Vick has played hell with Carolina's defense in the past but New Orleans sure has his number pegged.



Except that tampa bay is the only team in the league who can stop vick running.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby DogDoc on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:30 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
DogDoc wrote:I say "hell yes" keep him and keep a substantial portion of Atlanta's salary cap tied up. As long as Vick is the quarterback, Atlanta will be doomed to being just a mediocre team. And this is good news for the teams that I do like -- New Orleans and Carolina. I love it when a quarterback leads a team in rushing. It means he can't pass worth a crap and will duck and run at the first sign of pressure. Vick has played hell with Carolina's defense in the past but New Orleans sure has his number pegged.



Except that tampa bay is the only team in the league who can stop vick running.


Obviously teams can stop him enough to keep them from winning. Otherwise Atlanta would be undefeated. I hope Vick stays with the Falcons for a long time to come.
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
User avatar
Corporal DogDoc
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:13 pm

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 pm

I agree ham. I've heard people say that our second stringer (can never remember his name either) is the next great passer. I think that with Favre gettin old and eventualy going to throw out his shoulder, the NFL needs one to replace him.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8275
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:25 pm

ok, keep the Vickster and get a line. then, get some WRs who will actually catch the ball. if you guys suck enough this year, u can get Samardija from Notre Dame.


Keep Vick, stop bein haters.
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
User avatar
Cook P Gizzle
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere being absolutely AWESOME!
Medals: 1
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:32 am

Doesn't matter about the line. I live in ATL and Vick has done nothing but screw us over with his inconsistency.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8275
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:26 am

it does though. last year the Hawks had a line and Matt hasselbeck got us to the SB. hasselbeck's as inconsistent as they get. this year our line's hurt. where r we now?
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
User avatar
Cook P Gizzle
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere being absolutely AWESOME!
Medals: 1
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby DogDoc on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:43 pm

strike wolf wrote:Doesn't matter about the line. I live in ATL and Vick has done nothing but screw us over with his inconsistency.


I know. Please, keep him. Give him a raise. Designate him the franchise player. As long as Vick stays with Atlanta, they'll be no better than 3rd in the division.
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
User avatar
Corporal DogDoc
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:13 pm


Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login