Conquer Club

the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 am

Friday. I look forward to playing some Cities Skylines this weekend...and doing some laundry.

**Leaves behind a bowl of bananas**

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:24 pm

Only minutes away from watching my Cowboys play Northern Iowa in the NCAA tourney.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby strike wolf on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Georgia State advanced. WFT. I can't even put acronyms in the right order right now and this happened yesterday.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 am

Strike Wolf's book of the week:

Foundation by Isaac Asimov.

Plot: Hari Seldon a renowned mathematician and psychologist develops the science of psychohistory which makes him capable of calculating the rough path of the future by analyzing mob behavior. Using this he comes to the conclusion that the Galactic Empire will fall within the next 300 years followed by 30,000 years of anarchy. In order to shorten this period of anarchy, Seldon convinces the Empire to let him set up a Foundation to preserve and expand the knowledge that had been accumulated by the Empire during its height. The problem is that the Foundation is set up on a resource starved world at the edge of the galaxy where the Empire crumbles first leaving it surrounded by bigger, barbarous worlds set on taking over the Foundation. So armed with only their superior wits, the people of the Foundation will have to overcome a series of mre perilous challenges to keep them on course.

Brief review: It was really good. One of the few books I found myself constantly stopping to take a moment to think over what had just happened and wha it meant going forward.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:Strike Wolf's book of the week:

Plot: Hari Seldon a renowned mathematician and psychologist develops the science of psychohistory which makes him capable of calculating the rough path of the future by analyzing mob behavior. Using this he comes to the conclusion that the Galactic Empire will fall within the next 300 years followed by 30,000 years of anarchy. In order to shorten this period of anarchy, Seldon convinces the Empire to let him set up a Foundation to preserve and expand the knowledge that had been accumulated by the Empire during its height. The problem is that the Foundation is set up on a resource starved world at the edge of the galaxy where the Empire crumbles first leaving it surrounded by bigger, barbarous worlds set on taking over the Foundation. So armed with only their superior wits, the people of the Foundation will have to overcome a series of mre perilous challenges to keep them on course.

Brief review: It was really good. One of the few books I found myself constantly stopping to take a moment to think over what had just happened and wha it meant going forward.

I think the trilogy as a whole is overrated. I certainly wouldn't have awarded it greatest trilogy of all time. But the first book was pretty good.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Strike Wolf's book of the week:

I think the trilogy as a whole is overrated. I certainly wouldn't have awarded it greatest trilogy of all time. But the first book was pretty good.

-TG

I kind of like Asimov, but I have to say that his ideas were always better than his execution of them into words. It's annoying because you see brief passages of brilliance in his writing, but there's so much filler in between as he tries to get from one important point to the next.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Ive only just started Foundation and Empire. So I cant speak for the trilogy. From Foundation, I found little wrong except for maybe the fourth part (The Traders) being a bit unnecessary to the plot. I alsocant speak to Asimov as a whole since I saw I Robot before realizing that it was based on a book and dont want to read that or its sequels since I never read the first. I thought Salvor Hardin in particular was brilliant and a badass in particular.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Although highly unlikely to ever happen, a crossover between the Avatar series and DC comics. Just thought it would be interesting to see how either Korra or Aang (maybe even Toph) would react to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Quirk on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:31 pm

BPotW

Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Quirk wrote:BPotW

Kickboxing Banana!
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby targetman377 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:40 pm

i was thinking about what would make the greatest game in history and i have found it. So the overall game would be like civ turn based that is but.... each turn you could build cities like in sim city and then zoom out for like an overall feel. then for battles compine total war tacktics to the game for each battal!!!! then you could do like small first person shooter for black opps missions with your near the end. and for spying you would have to play through a first person mission. NOW THAT WOULD BE A FUN ASS GAME!!!!!!!!!
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:48 pm

targetman377 wrote:i was thinking about what would make the greatest game in history and i have found it. So the overall game would be like civ turn based that is but.... each turn you could build cities like in sim city and then zoom out for like an overall feel. then for battles compine total war tacktics to the game for each battal!!!! then you could do like small first person shooter for black opps missions with your near the end. and for spying you would have to play through a first person mission. NOW THAT WOULD BE A FUN ASS GAME!!!!!!!!!

And would require more "grinding" than something like World of Warcraft. The Total War series already requires a ton of micromanaging, and that's just for a single battle.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby targetman377 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:10 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
targetman377 wrote:i was thinking about what would make the greatest game in history and i have found it. So the overall game would be like civ turn based that is but.... each turn you could build cities like in sim city and then zoom out for like an overall feel. then for battles compine total war tacktics to the game for each battal!!!! then you could do like small first person shooter for black opps missions with your near the end. and for spying you would have to play through a first person mission. NOW THAT WOULD BE A FUN ASS GAME!!!!!!!!!

And would require more "grinding" than something like World of Warcraft. The Total War series already requires a ton of micromanaging, and that's just for a single battle.

yeah i know but all that micro managing on top of a grand theme like a full civ game would be fasnitily fun!!!
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:02 am

targetman377 wrote:all that micro managing on top of a grand theme like a full civ game would be fasnitily fun!!!

Quote for the back of the box.

--Andy

Postby targetman377 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:39 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
targetman377 wrote:all that micro managing on top of a grand theme like a full civ game would be fasnitily fun!!!

Quote for the back of the box.

--Andy

see muy andy on board... WHY CAN'T YOU BE!!!! :ugeek:
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:47 pm

It's time for Strike Wolf's Song interpretation of the week. Brought to you by Lone Wolf Productions.

This week's song....SLEDGEHAMMER By Peter Gabriel. There won't be any big surprises for people who are familiar with the song and it's meaning so this is for the less informed. that said, it does get mildly graphic so I'll spoiler it.

show

Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:13 pm

strike wolf wrote:It's time for Strike Wolf's Song interpretation of the week. Brought to you by Lone Wolf Productions.

This week's song....SLEDGEHAMMER By Peter Gabriel. There won't be any big surprises for people who are familiar with the song and it's meaning so this is for the less informed. that said, it does get mildly graphic so I'll spoiler it.

show

First, you claimed it would graphic, but then you wimped out and translated "sledgehammer" as "powerful experience" and "big dipper" as me.

Come on, if we're going to get graphic, let's do it right. "Sledgehammer" means "pounding dick" and "big dipper" means "big dick."

For that matter, what's with this business of translating "fruit cages" as "sweet spots"??? Why replace a euphemism with another euphemism? It means "cunt", plain and simple. Say it after me: CUNT. One of my favourite words in the whole whide whorld. Cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt! In the clanging, and the banging, of the cunt.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:40 pm

I did get lazy and put finishing it over doing it right. As far as the fruit cages-sweet spot argument. I meant boobs, pussy and more. After all, sweet spots not sweet spot. Hes convincing her that he is an experienced lover who knows how to get her going which involves more than just concentrating on one thing. Of course, when he has convinced her there is the chance all this talk goes out the window and he just plows her.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby targetman377 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:59 pm

this argument was brought forward by dirty minds O:)
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 am

strike wolf wrote: I meant boobs, pussy and more..

Another quote for the back of targetman's game box.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy

Postby strike wolf on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 am

targetman377 wrote:this argument was brought forward by dirty minds O:)

Youre one to talk when your favorite animal has a large trunk.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby targetman377 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:50 pm

strike wolf wrote:
targetman377 wrote:this argument was brought forward by dirty minds O:)

Youre one to talk when your favorite animal has a large trunk.

yes it does but thats ok cause its cool!!!
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:59 am

http://kotaku.com/tokyos-giant-cat-bill ... 1694729504

**Leaves behind a banana bunch**

--Andy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:47 pm

Ah Japan, always so eccentric in what you do, sometimes disturbingly so.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,