the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

Wait a minute. There's been a sighting of another weekday. **Munches on a banana**

On a side note, I received the film "Robot and Frank" from Netflix, and I think I will watch it tomorrow...

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 am

And week nearly done. Phewfta. **Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Triple posting. **Munches on a banana**

In case you've ever wanted to know how and why cockroaches (and some other insects) groom themselves, and see some great video of it in action. Thanks to NPR's "Science Friday."

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby pancakemix on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am

Not much activity in here.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:10 pm

That's why I posted about roaches. To drive up the activity. **Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Gili, Mcshanester.

So I've still got my Scotland game going pretty strong. Still aching to take over England, but luckily my nephew in my Dyansty is the heir to the throne, since I had the prince of England in my court some years ago, so stinks for his dynasty coming to end. I'm curious to see how it all turns out. Also, I wanted to mention that the Kingdom of Sweden in my game has been eliminated from map essentially. The tiny republic of Gotland has taken over their kingdom, haha. And Iberia, and even portion of southern France, is all Islamic.

I also setup another game to play around in. This time, I'm the Emir of Tunis I think, a nice little sheikdom in North Africa. My goal is to reunite the North African counties and duchies into kingdom of Africa. Playing as an Islamic dynasty is interesting...the did a pretty good job mixing up the dynamic. I have so many wives, and so many children, but I have to manage "decadence" or take some penalties and risk assassination attempts. But with so many wives, I produce a lot of Princesses. Which means I have a large number of diplomatic relations which is nice, especially being so close to the Crusades area and the Papacy in the Med. I'm fostering relations nicely with Cairo, since they are big and strong. And a neighbor of mine in northern Algeria. I'm definitely more in the mix of action now, than being in the far north in Scotland.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 pm

A much cooler video proves that roaches run head first into walls.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:A much cooler video proves that roaches run head first into walls.

I would too if I was indestructible. **Leaves behind a bowl of indestructible bananas**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Gili, Mcshanester.

So I've still got my Scotland game going pretty strong. Still aching to take over England, but luckily my nephew in my Dyansty is the heir to the throne, since I had the prince of England in my court some years ago, so stinks for his dynasty coming to end. I'm curious to see how it all turns out. Also, I wanted to mention that the Kingdom of Sweden in my game has been eliminated from map essentially. The tiny republic of Gotland has taken over their kingdom, haha. And Iberia, and even portion of southern France, is all Islamic.

I also setup another game to play around in. This time, I'm the Emir of Tunis I think, a nice little sheikdom in North Africa. My goal is to reunite the North African counties and duchies into kingdom of Africa. Playing as an Islamic dynasty is interesting...the did a pretty good job mixing up the dynamic. I have so many wives, and so many children, but I have to manage "decadence" or take some penalties and risk assassination attempts. But with so many wives, I produce a lot of Princesses. Which means I have a large number of diplomatic relations which is nice, especially being so close to the Crusades area and the Papacy in the Med. I'm fostering relations nicely with Cairo, since they are big and strong. And a neighbor of mine in northern Algeria. I'm definitely more in the mix of action now, than being in the far north in Scotland.

**Munches on a banana**

I am thinking about starting in Scotlan as well but will wait for a bit more. For the record never convert to Waldensian everything goes to crap until you die and one of your heirs can fix it :lol: :lol:

--Andy
Sergeant mcshanester29
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 156
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21)
General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (7)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah, converting to a heresy is difficult---especially if the main religion has a strong moral authority. However, if the moral authority has been weakened down to the 30's or below, a lot of heresies start to pop-up! I'd like to make a heretic ruler sometime.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Now that's a car. All 1.5 L engine and all.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Image

Now that's a car. All 1.5 L engine and all.

Aston Martin. There is no substitute.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Quirk on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

BPotW

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 am

In other news, I purchased some potatoes yesterday. I feel like making some scalloped potatoes this weekend. With a side of banana pudding.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 am

In other news, check out animal in this video. You'll probably end up liking it, I think. **Munches on a banana**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3btMhdQ6Y&t=3m43s

(Or fast forward to 3m43s)

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?