Conquer Club

ObamaCare - exchanges ,report your states options!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ObamaCare: Reactions

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:26 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:In 2008, Obama promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. Instead, he doubled it in his first year and kept it essentially the same for the 3 years after that. The only reason it marginally fell in 2012 was because Congress wasn't handing out blank checks.

Funny how you seem to forget WHY Obama got such a mess to begin with.... and it certainly wasn't too much regulation of banks.

I'm so sick of people in this country playing the blame game. What does pinning the tail on the donkey solve?

NOTHING!

That is why Obama has been a complete failure. He is spending all his time focusing on excuses and who to blame (and making sure people are programmed to know who to blame and who to vote for), rather than FOCUSING ON FIXING THE PROBLEMS.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Night Strike wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:In 2008, Obama promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. Instead, he doubled it in his first year and kept it essentially the same for the 3 years after that. The only reason it marginally fell in 2012 was because Congress wasn't handing out blank checks.

Funny how you seem to forget WHY Obama got such a mess to begin with.... and it certainly wasn't too much regulation of banks.

Because he chose to enact massive governmental spending programs instead of cutting governmental expenditures in leaner times of less governmental revenues. Your assumption is that it's the government's job to address recessions, when it's not.

Because Democrats chose to enact massive governmental spending programs instead of cutting governmental expenditures

=

Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:59 pm

john9blue wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:https://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=797&q=completely+wrong&oq=comple&gs_l=img.1.0.0i3l2j0l8.1393.2375.0.4951.6.6.0.0.0.0.97.362.6.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.vYPZBfvqlgs

did you just hear about this? i thought you were more in tune with the liberal loudspeakers. were you on vacation?

Dude, I am the Liberal Loudspeaker. I'm Liberal central.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:https://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=797&q=completely+wrong&oq=comple&gs_l=img.1.0.0i3l2j0l8.1393.2375.0.4951.6.6.0.0.0.0.97.362.6.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.vYPZBfvqlgs

did you just hear about this? i thought you were more in tune with the liberal loudspeakers. were you on vacation?

Dude, I am the Liberal Loudspeaker. I'm Liberal central.

We're well aware. Now if you could just find some facts and Constitutional liberties to speak loudly about.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

I'm so sick of people in this country playing the blame game. What does pinning the tail on the donkey solve? NOTHING!

So you haven't been blaming anyone? Is that really what you meant to say? Hell, what were you doing up above in the quote?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Phatscotty wrote:That is why Obama has been a complete failure. He is spending all his time focusing on excuses and who to blame (and making sure people are programmed to know who to blame and who to vote for), rather than FOCUSING ON FIXING THE PROBLEMS.

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/mai ... -2009.html

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:That is why Obama has been a complete failure. He is spending all his time focusing on excuses and who to blame (and making sure people are programmed to know who to blame and who to vote for), rather than FOCUSING ON FIXING THE PROBLEMS.

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/mai ... -2009.html

If you're one of those who thinks President Obama is a "disappointment," my condolences for you not getting your unicorn. And it's time to grow up, and get over it.

f*ck that guy. Unless repeal of The Patriot Act and closing Guantanamo Bay are the equivalent of "not getting your unicorn", he's talking out of his ass. If he thinks that wanting The Patriot Act to be repealed and Guantanamo Bay to be closed is something I need to "grow up" about and "get over it", he can kiss my ass. In the very first sentence of his article, he managed to offend me deeply.

He further convinced me that my vote for Jill Stein will be the right one.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:He further convinced me that my vote for Jill Stein will be the right one.

Yeah.. as long as you want Romney to be president.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:23 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:He further convinced me that my vote for Jill Stein will be the right one.

Nothing wrong with that.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:

How does it feel to be a sellout and a sucker? You're a bought and paid for shill, you're being played, and you're happy about it.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

How does it feel to be a sellout and a sucker? You're a bought and paid for shill, you're being played, and you're happy about it.

She's not bought and paid for.....unless you're talking about the governmental handouts she demands the rest of us pay to her. She's a liberal democrat who wants the government to have as much power as possible. Her vote for Obama is expected, even though it's the wrong direction for this country and Constitutional freedoms.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Been hitting the Rush a little hard lately have you?
Sounds like you were listening to Mr. Limbaugh, slammed a Red Bull, and then you WERE READY TO F*CK PLAYER UP!

dude just chill

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:04 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

She's not bought and paid for.....unless you're talking about the governmental handouts she demands the rest of us pay to her. She's a liberal democrat who wants the government to have as much power as possible. Her vote for Obama is expected, even though it's the wrong direction for this country and Constitutional freedoms.

As if a vote for Romney is...

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:31 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Been hitting the Rush a little hard lately have you?
Sounds like you were listening to Mr. Limbaugh, slammed a Red Bull, and then you WERE READY TO F*CK PLAYER UP!

dude just chill

I don't listen to Rush. I also don't drink Red Bull.
Major Night Strike

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:50 am

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

Honestly, I would say that applies much more to you in this case than I.
Pretending that unicorns are real doesn't change the world. Doing the hard day-to-day work does.

You do that in school, no doubt. However, the green party can shout all it wants, it won't be heard as long as it refuses to acknowledge and really listen/talk to the majority of people, instead of just those who already think like they do.

Refusing the Academy award did not suddenly make people notice the Bolt decision. Occupying Alcatraz, the events in the Black Hills did not advance Native American rights. Day to day education, discussion DID. Thundeheart and Windtalkers did far more to positively advance their cause than the occupations did. Sad, perhaps, but the way it is. Pretending it isn't like that helps no one.

Until our system changes... voting a third party IS more than a waste of time, it is downright harmful.

Oh yeah.. .P.S. How many of the 1960's protesters are now STILL "fighting the causes". In fact, a lot of the ex hippies are very much in corporate America right now. In some cases, they take vacations with the Rainbows, or have organic farms to live upon, but they are very much a part of the system...and often trying to change it from within. THEY are doing something. The green party in the US so far is a joke. Its had over 20 years to make ground and has yet to do more than shout.
Last edited by PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:52 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

She's not bought and paid for.....unless you're talking about the governmental handouts she demands the rest of us pay to her.
What handouts?
Chances are you contribute far less to this country than my family has.... going back a few generations, even. (and you are quite welcome to challenge me on that one!)
Night Strike wrote:She's a liberal democrat who wants the government to have as much power as possible. Her vote for Obama is expected, even though it's the wrong direction for this country and Constitutional freedoms.

When will you stop pretending that there are only 2 views in life... those who oppose you and those who don't.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:08 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

She's not bought and paid for.....unless you're talking about the governmental handouts she demands the rest of us pay to her.
What handouts?
Chances are you contribute far less to this country than my family has.... going back a few generations, even. (and you are quite welcome to challenge me on that one!)
Night Strike wrote:She's a liberal democrat who wants the government to have as much power as possible. Her vote for Obama is expected, even though it's the wrong direction for this country and Constitutional freedoms.

When will you stop pretending that there are only 2 views in life... those who oppose you and those who don't.

You mean like "Romney or Obama"?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:10 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:How does it feel to be a sellout and a sucker? You're a bought and paid for shill, you're being played, and you're happy about it.

Well that's an interesting claim. Perhaps you can point out exactly how that is true?

PLAYER57832 wrote:Until our system changes...

You have it in your power to help it change, but are instead CHOOSING the status quo. You claim you want the system to change, but your actions speak louder than your words.

PLAYER57832 wrote:The green party in the US so far is a joke. Its had over 20 years to make ground and has yet to do more than shout.

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

In the US election, that IS the case. Life has a few more options.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:How does it feel to be a sellout and a sucker? You're a bought and paid for shill, you're being played, and you're happy about it.

Well that's an interesting claim. Perhaps you can point out exactly how that is true?

Well if Romney wins by a slim margin, then we can thank those who voted for third parties, particularly parties like the Green party with members that otherwise would vote Obama.

There are other reasons, but this is far enough off topic.

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Until our system changes...

You have it in your power to help it change, but are instead CHOOSING the status quo. You claim you want the system to change, but your actions speak louder than your words.

Hmm... you mean my actions such as teaching my kids, those around me to care about the world around, consider choices and impacts carefully... or do you mean a secret vote in a poll that no one will even acknowledge, unless its for one of the top 2 condidates.

Woodruff wrote:[
PLAYER57832 wrote:The green party in the US so far is a joke. Its had over 20 years to make ground and has yet to do more than shout.

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

That could very much be said of the entire green party. They talk a good talk, but have never been effective. The reason is because they take such an extreme position and have a "take it all or leave it" attitude. They deny compromise and celebrate that as if it were some kind of gift or benefit.

The result is more and more marginalization, less and less voice, not more. They actually had chances to gain power in parts of CA, elsewhere... and utterly blew it. Yet, instead of changing, they keep on.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Johnson will take more votes away from Romney than Stein will take away from Obama.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

In the US election, that IS the case. Life has a few more options.

There are plenty of options. You're self-limiting.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

Well if Romney wins by a slim margin, then we can thank those who voted for third parties, particularly parties like the Green party with members that otherwise would vote Obama.

How does that make me a sellout or a shill?

PLAYER57832 wrote:There are other reasons, but this is far enough off topic.

Yeah, I didn't think you could back it up either.

PLAYER57832 wrote:That could very much be said of the entire green party. They talk a good talk, but have never been effective. The reason is because they take such an extreme position and have a "take it all or leave it" attitude. They deny compromise and celebrate that as if it were some kind of gift or benefit.

The result is more and more marginalization, less and less voice, not more. They actually had chances to gain power in parts of CA, elsewhere... and utterly blew it. Yet, instead of changing, they keep on.

You keep saying things like this, and they keep being false. The Green Party is growing, not getting smaller.

It really is too bad that they stick to their principles though. I can see why someone who would vote for Obama wouldn't care for that too much.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 am

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

How does that make me a sellout or a shill?
It makes you ineffective. The sell out bit is allowing Romney to win.

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:There are other reasons, but this is far enough off topic.

Yeah, I didn't think you could back it up either.
Your jobs are and have been about supporting the status quo. I am not attacking the military, but to claim that youare opposing the system, and that I am a sell out because I am not voting for an ineffectual nominee, while your entire occupation is about supporting the system is, well hypocritical.

I believe in working within the system and changing it that way.

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:That could very much be said of the entire green party. They talk a good talk, but have never been effective. The reason is because they take such an extreme position and have a "take it all or leave it" attitude. They deny compromise and celebrate that as if it were some kind of gift or benefit.

You keep saying things like this, and they keep being false. The Green Party is growing, not getting smaller.
It is not growing the way it could, by any means. And what I said above is very true. They did not have much of a push to claim Northern CA in the 80's and early 90's... but they failed.

Woodruff wrote:It really is too bad that they stick to their principles though. I can see why someone who would vote for Obama wouldn't care for that too much.

Principles? Failure to compromise, to listen to others, to actually talk to others and hear what they are saying is not what I call "principles".

Also, while the green party is closer to what I would like to see, it is not fully what I agree with. I don't agree on their stance on the military, for example... though I do think we should have more debate on the topics they bring up.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Night Strike wrote:Johnson will take more votes away from Romney than Stein will take away from Obama.

I think I agree with this.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,