ObamaCare - "Give up your phone to get it!!!"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Liberty VS ObamaCare: Back to Supreme Court

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Except now we can't opt out of THIS program, so "always" isn't an accurate term.

You can always move to a country without nationalised healthcare.

Why would I move to a country that has an even worse system? And did you have fun spam quoting my post?

Apologies for that double post. I wasn't spamming you.

Anyway... are you telling me that countries without nationalised healthcare are worse than those with?
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: ObamaCare: Now we can see what's in it

Postby john9blue on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Night Strike wrote:...Who are you to demand that people have the kind of <insert lifestyle> that YOU deem appropriate? ...

This phrase stuck out to me, especially with other views on other topics.

--Andy

=D>

although, i don't think NS is necessarily "demanding" that people conform to his views (on homosexuality, i assume)... i think he just heavily disapproves of those who don't, lol
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 pm

The train, she's a comin'.

http://www.atr.org/obamacares-tax-hike- ... reck-a7587

Sad to read.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby Lootifer on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Nobunaga wrote:The train, she's a comin'.

Sad to read.

Good lord you tax system is complicated (or more accurately, good lord I cannot be fucked thinking about the implications of the various pieces of that article since it applies to a tax system of a country I dont live in). Care to give a neutral-as-you-possibly-can run down of that article?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
Discussions Moderator
Discussions Moderator

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Lootifer wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:The train, she's a comin'.

Sad to read.

Good lord you tax system is complicated (or more accurately, good lord I cannot be fucked thinking about the implications of the various pieces of that article since it applies to a tax system of a country I dont live in). Care to give a neutral-as-you-possibly-can run down of that article?

It sure is complicated. I hope you can see just a little bit better where I and other like myself have been coming from. Most of us here in the USA have to pay someone else to do our taxes for us. Even the professionals have trouble sometimes.
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 pm

This morning during his press conference, Obama claimed the number of Americans that are having problems with the implementation of Obamacare is very small.....approximately 10-15% of the country. Yet, the entire Obamacare law was passed specifically because of 10-15% of the country not having health insurance. So if the first group is irrelevant due to their size, why isn't the latter group?
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Woodruff on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Night Strike wrote:This morning during his press conference, Obama claimed the number of Americans that are having problems with the implementation of Obamacare is very small.....approximately 10-15% of the country. Yet, the entire Obamacare law was passed specifically because of 10-15% of the country not having health insurance. So if the first group is irrelevant due to their size, why isn't the latter group?

Did Obama actually say they were irrelevant? I find that unlikely, but would be interested if it were true.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:This morning during his press conference, Obama claimed the number of Americans that are having problems with the implementation of Obamacare is very small.....approximately 10-15% of the country. Yet, the entire Obamacare law was passed specifically because of 10-15% of the country not having health insurance. So if the first group is irrelevant due to their size, why isn't the latter group?

Did Obama actually say they were irrelevant? I find that unlikely, but would be interested if it were true.

I added the "irrelevant" term since that's the implication when he says that the problems aren't very widespread. Even though by his own numbers they're nearly as much of the population as those who didn't have health insurance.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Woodruff on Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I added the "irrelevant" term since that's the implication when he says that the problems aren't very widespread. Even though by his own numbers they're nearly as much of the population as those who didn't have health insurance.

Saying that a thing is small in number is not at all the same as saying that a thing is irrelevant. You seem to be having a lot of definatory issues today, Night Strike.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Night Strike on Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Saying that a thing is small in number is not at all the same as saying that a thing is irrelevant. You seem to be having a lot of definatory issues today, Night Strike.

Obamacare was passed based on a small number of people, based on Obama's own definition of small. Why did we have to pass a trillion dollar tax and spend package for that small number of people yet ignore the same amount of people who are having trouble with the law?
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby comic boy on Wed May 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Night Strike
Do you truly believe that all numbers and percentages have the same weighting , do you seriously equate implementation problems with long term issues. I dont believe that you are so stupid as to believe such so Im puzzled as to why you would make such a ridiculous point, are you getting desperate ?
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Medals: 28
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Woodruff on Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Obamacare was passed based on a small number of people, based on Obama's own definition of small. Why did we have to pass a trillion dollar tax and spend package for that small number of people yet ignore the same amount of people who are having trouble with the law?

Because our government is run by a bunch of dirtbags who are only interested in lining their own pockets. Is this a revelation to you, Night Strike? There really are very few members of Congress that deserve much respect at all, though there are a few.

However, I don't in the least believe that Obamacare was passed "based on a small number of people".

Postby john9blue on Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Woodruff wrote:You seem to be having a lot of definatory issues today, Night Strike.

but at least he doesn't make up words... not that there's anything wrong with that
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Night Strike on Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 am

Weren't we told Obamacare was fully funded when it passed? And I don't remember any bills signed into law that actually cut off any funding to implementing Obamacare.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/297333-reid-says-more-funding-is-needed-to-prevent-healthcare-law-from-becoming-a-train-wreck
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks, Star Trek: TOS Obamacare.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?