Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

Total votes : 0

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby notyou2 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Dude, cmon man, I grew up

Fucking liar. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full, I've travelled each and every high way, and more, much more than this, I think you're likely gay.

Is that a threat?

Where's the threat? It's not a threat. C'mon Scotty, you know it isn't.

PS: is that you in your avy?
Captain notyou2

Postby Aradhus on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Fucking liar. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full, I've travelled each and every high way, and more, much more than this, I think you're likely gay.

Is that a threat?

Is you avatar an attempt to disguise the fact that you're an outrageous racist?
Major Aradhus

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Is that a threat?

Aren't you the one that got in trouble for using racial slurs in here before? This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Scoreboard
Major Phatscotty

Postby Aradhus on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Is that a threat?

Aren't you the one that got in trouble for using racial slurs in here before? This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Scoreboard

Aren't you the pathetic school girl who reported my post where I used a racial slur(not directed at anyone), to point out that the arguments that other people were making were decidedly racist?

Nice admission that you're a racist though.
Major Aradhus

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm

reply to my post please
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 pm

So, you are calling me a gay racist?

Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Reply to my post on pg 25 please Phatscotty
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Lootifer wrote:Reply to my post on pg 25 please Phatscotty

oh, me? i already looked thought you meant someone else. fine

Yeah I read it you make some good points, but nothing I would really feel the need to respond to.

Was there something specific in mind?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 pm

... City lowers required police test scores because too few black applicants passed.

... They were forced to do so after US Dept. of Justice refused to recognize the racial results.

... Lovely, isn't it?

... Incompetents hired for skin color.... Tell me again, who's hung up on race in this country?

http://abc.daytonsnewssource.com/shared ... 6103.shtml
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Aradhus on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Phatscotty wrote:So, you are calling me a gay racist?

I apologise for calling you gay. I know, its such a degrading insult, huh.

It was only in jest, monsieur.
Major Aradhus

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:11 pm

notyou2 wrote:I usually find Swedes very tolerant people, so yes, it may have been sport.

GGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 am

Phatscotty wrote:also interesting to note. the % of people who disagree, and are obviously WRONG, is a mirror reflection of the % of progressive Liberals?

I know this was a while back in the thread...but I had to respond.

I voted yes, and yet I'm more of a liberal than a conservative.

So I don't think it's a "mirror reflection of the & of progressive liberals."

I don't see why everything has to be liberals vs. conservatives. Some people are racist, some people aren't. I don't think it has anything to do with politics. There are conservative racists and there are liberal racists. Chill with the political rhetoric man.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:01 am

tkr4lf wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:also interesting to note. the % of people who disagree, and are obviously WRONG, is a mirror reflection of the % of progressive Liberals?

I don't see why everything has to be liberals vs. conservatives. Some people are racist, some people aren't. I don't think it has anything to do with politics. There are conservative racists and there are liberal racists. Chill with the political rhetoric man.

Did I say that? lolz Are you sure there wasn't more to that? the "also" brings me to think that was related to a different point but I don't know I think you are taking that out of context tho. oh, yeah, now I remember. It was a silly note to focus on the % of progressives in the country. 18%. I think a progressive most of the time votes no. Is that wrong?
Major Phatscotty

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:05 am

Phatscotty wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

Did I say that? lolz Are you sure there wasn't more to that? the "also" brings me to think that was related to a different point but I don't know I think you are taking that out of context tho. oh, yeah, now I remember. It was a silly note to focus on the % of progressives in the country. 18%. I think a progressive most of the time votes no. Is that wrong?

There was one more line above it, but I don't think it's really out of context.

As far as if progressives generally would vote no, I honestly don't know. All I can say is that I voted yes. And most would view me and my views as more liberal/progressive than conservative. Just sayin.

So you shouldn't generalize so much.

I don't really have anything else to add here. I was just pointin that out. :D

Carry on with the discussion. It's entertaining me if nothing else...
Major tkr4lf

Re: Racism: Race Battle at Wisconsin State Fair

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:03 pm

WEST ALLIS, Wis. -- Local law enforcement agencies are investigating several incidents near State Fair Park late Thursday night. Milwaukee police said that around 11:10 p.m., squads were sent to the area for reports of battery, fighting and property damage being caused by an unruly crowd of "hundreds" of people. One officer described it as a "mob beating."

Police said that some victims were attacked while walking. They said others were pulled out of cars and off of motorcycles before being beaten.

Norbert Roffers of Wind Lake told The Associated Press he was waiting with his wife to cross at an intersection near the fair when he was hit in the back of the head.

"I got my bell rung," Roffers said.

Roffers said another man was lying in the street after being attacked until someone came along to help him.

"It looked like they were just going after white guys, white people," said Roffers

http://www.wisn.com/news/28774396/detai ... z1Ua1Ot1m0

"They were attacking everybody for no reason whatsoever."

"It was 100% racial," claimed Eric, an Iraq war veteran from St. Francis who says young people beat on his car.

"I had a black couple on my right side, and these black kids were running in between all the cars, and they were pounding on my doors and trying to open up doors on my car, and they didn't do one thing to this black couple that was in this car next to us. They just kept walking right past their car. They were looking in everybody's windshield as they were running by, seeing who was white and who was black. Guarantee it."

Eric, a war veteran, said that the scene he saw Thursday outside State Fair compares to what he saw in combat.

"That rated right up there with it. When I saw the amount of kids coming down the road, all I kept thinking was, 'There's not enough cops to handle this.' There's no way. It would have taken the National Guard to control the number of kids that were coming off the road. They were knocking people off their motorcycles."

Another witness, who asked to remain anonymous, said, "it was like a scene you needed the National Guard to control."

"To me, it looked like a scene out of a movie," claimed the anonymous witness.

"I have not seen anything like this in my life. It was a huge mob, and it was a fight that maybe lasted one to two minutes."

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/126825018.html

911 calls from victims of mob attack
Major Phatscotty

Re: Racism: Wisconsin State Fair Mob Violence

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:06 pm

This relates to a poll on voting about race, how, exactly?
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:34 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:This relates to a poll on voting about race, how, exactly?

the poll is too legendary to take down, but this thread is the closest one as far as racism goes, which has a flare up in Wisconsin a few days ago.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 pm

rac·ism
   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm]
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I take your necro and throw a useless definition at you.

All three definitions refer to negatives, or use negatives as their typical use or example. Seems pretty clear to me.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 am

Phatscotty wrote:

the poll is too legendary to take down, but this thread is the closest one as far as racism goes, which has a flare up in Wisconsin a few days ago.

Then start a new thread. Don't try to distort a popular thread into something it was not.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Then start a new thread. Don't try to distort a popular thread into something it was not.

How did you get the power to make it about one specific example of racism, and not racism in general?

Aside from the name of the topic, what do you think about the topic at hand? Did you hear the 911 calls at all?
Major Phatscotty

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

How did you get the power to make it about one specific example of racism, and not racism in general?
The original title.

I have no idea you think changing titles instead of just presenting a new topic is a good idea, but, among other things, it makes it hard for anyone really interested in the old topic to find it.. though maybe that is your whole intent. :roll:
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Well, its my opinion that racism is more a problem now than it was at any time in my life, and I think it's important to discuss it on a myriad of fronts.
Major Phatscotty

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Well, its my opinion that racism is more a problem now than it was at any time in my life, and I think it's important to discuss it on a myriad of fronts.

Yes, but to take a thread with a title "is it as bad to vote for a race as opposed to one" (or something similar) and then try to claim that it is related to a Wisconsin state fair mob violance. Is just stupid.

Seems you really don't want people to find the old thread.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:58 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Well, its my opinion that racism is more a problem now than it was at any time in my life, and I think it's important to discuss it on a myriad of fronts.

Yes, but to take a thread with a title "is it as bad to vote for a race as opposed to one" (or something similar) and then try to claim that it is related to a Wisconsin state fair mob violance. Is just stupid.

Seems you really don't want people to find the old thread.

that's not the title of the thread :roll: why are you talking about stupid?

the old thread is right here. I found it!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:01 pm

I definitely do not. However, I do think that the blatancy of it has changed...it's become more..."sneaky". But these days, most teenagers don't even recognize race as a determining factor. It's a descriptive indicator ("see the kid next to the black kid in the red hat?"), but that's about it. That's why I believe that racism is less of a problem now.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,