Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

yes
195
82%
no
43
18%
 
Total votes : 238

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby john9blue on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:52 am

radiojake wrote:
john9blue wrote:the scientific classification of animals is also a human construct. that doesn't mean it doesn't exist or make it less valid as a scientific field of study.


It has all to do with 'who' makes the classifications, and for what purpose. Animals do not name themselves - We project a name onto them. In many circumstances, the classifications of animals has stemmed from our interpretation of which animals are to be exploited, eaten, or left alone, all of which is based on a heirarchy created to fulfil the needs and wants of the dominant hegemon.

In many ways, different 'races' did not name themselves, they had the classification projected onto them, also based on the hierarchy created to fulfil the needs and wants of the dominant hegemon.

Yes, the two disciplines are similar - Just because I am pointing out the fallacy in the classification of human 'races' does not mean that there is not inherent domination involved in our classification of other living things (It's just that this domination is harder to be seen and heard, because we are no longer equipped with those sensory abilities)


why does the identity of the person making the classification, and their purpose, matter?

and why do you think that all classification has to be about a hierarchy of domination? we recently reclassified pluto as a satellite instead of a planet; did we do that because of some selfish motivation?

maybe i'm misunderstanding your point... are you saying that racial categories have no basis in reality, and are entirely abstract?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby radiojake on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 am

john9blue wrote: are you saying that racial categories have no basis in reality, and are entirely abstract?



Precisely
-- share what ya got --
User avatar
Lieutenant radiojake
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:29 pm
Location: Adelaidian living in Melbourne
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Woodruff on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:29 pm

john9blue wrote:
radiojake wrote:
john9blue wrote:the scientific classification of animals is also a human construct. that doesn't mean it doesn't exist or make it less valid as a scientific field of study.


It has all to do with 'who' makes the classifications, and for what purpose. Animals do not name themselves - We project a name onto them. In many circumstances, the classifications of animals has stemmed from our interpretation of which animals are to be exploited, eaten, or left alone, all of which is based on a heirarchy created to fulfil the needs and wants of the dominant hegemon.

In many ways, different 'races' did not name themselves, they had the classification projected onto them, also based on the hierarchy created to fulfil the needs and wants of the dominant hegemon.

Yes, the two disciplines are similar - Just because I am pointing out the fallacy in the classification of human 'races' does not mean that there is not inherent domination involved in our classification of other living things (It's just that this domination is harder to be seen and heard, because we are no longer equipped with those sensory abilities)


why does the identity of the person making the classification, and their purpose, matter?


Because therein belies the motives, objectivity and capabilities.

john9blue wrote:maybe i'm misunderstanding your point... are you saying that racial categories have no basis in reality, and are entirely abstract?


Precisely correct.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby john9blue on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Woodruff wrote:Because therein belies the motives, objectivity and capabilities.


biology doesn't give a crap about any of that.

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:maybe i'm misunderstanding your point... are you saying that racial categories have no basis in reality, and are entirely abstract?


Precisely correct.


then how do you explain cultural and biological differences between people with genetic roots in different areas of the world? how is that not "real"?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Woodruff on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 pm

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Because therein belies the motives, objectivity and capabilities.


biology doesn't give a crap about any of that.


Biology is irrelevant to the concept of "race".

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:maybe i'm misunderstanding your point... are you saying that racial categories have no basis in reality, and are entirely abstract?


Precisely correct.


then how do you explain cultural and biological differences between people with genetic roots in different areas of the world? how is that not "real"?


Perhaps you can point out the cultural and biological difference between people that relate to "race"?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby john9blue on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:48 pm

instead of getting sucked into another one of woody's pointless battles over trivial definitions, i'll leave this here so we're all on the same page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28cl ... _humans%29

see if you can't find cultural and biological aspects of race in the first paragraph.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Woodruff on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 pm

john9blue wrote:instead of getting sucked into another one of woody's pointless battles over trivial definitions, i'll leave this here so we're all on the same page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28cl ... _humans%29

see if you can't find cultural and biological aspects of race in the first paragraph.


This has nothing to do with "trivial definitions", but I wouldn't expect you to recognize that.

How about this statement: "Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all people belong to the same hominid subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens."

And this: "As people define and put about different conceptions of race, they actively create contrasting social realities through which racial categorization is achieved in varied ways.[15] In this sense, races are said to be social constructs.[16][17] These constructs can develop within various legal,[15][18] economic,[18] and sociopolitical[19][20] contexts"
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby john9blue on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:instead of getting sucked into another one of woody's pointless battles over trivial definitions, i'll leave this here so we're all on the same page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28cl ... _humans%29

see if you can't find cultural and biological aspects of race in the first paragraph.


This has nothing to do with "trivial definitions", but I wouldn't expect you to recognize that.

How about this statement: "Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all people belong to the same hominid subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens."

And this: "As people define and put about different conceptions of race, they actively create contrasting social realities through which racial categorization is achieved in varied ways.[15] In this sense, races are said to be social constructs.[16][17] These constructs can develop within various legal,[15][18] economic,[18] and sociopolitical[19][20] contexts"


those are both true. there's definitely aspects of race and racial traits/differences that are constructed by society. i'm not saying that constructed racial categories/traits don't exist, i'm saying that they have a real, biological basis (which doesn't make them necessarily correct).
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Morgan Freeman, at it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqhdPr_RvSQ
"The Tea Party is going to do whatever it needs to do to get this black man outta the White House" Yes Morgan, this has nothing to do with the economy or Obama's 32% approval rating on it, nothing to do with his lack of leadership, or 15 other major factors. It's all because of the color of his skin. Peris Morgans goes even further, saying he would like to see Obama give Republicans a bloody nose. CIVILITY POLICE!!!!!! omg omg omg !

Hypocrite alert, not just for Peirs, but also for Freeman, who not too long ago said this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2d2SzRZvsQ
"I'm gonna stop calling you a white man, and you stop calling me a black man." Freeman should have taken his own advice.

Bringing up racism on false pretense is complete degeneration of the issues and shut down to all thinking.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Phatscotty wrote:...
Bringing up racism on false pretense is complete degeneration of the issues and shut down to all thinking.


... And, you failed to mention, a liberal's last line of defense when her facts don't hold up.

...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby john9blue on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:...
Bringing up racism on false pretense is complete degeneration of the issues and shut down to all thinking.


... And, you failed to mention, a liberal's last line of defense when her facts don't hold up.

...


for those without facts, it's also the first line of defense.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby DangerBoy on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:...
Bringing up racism on false pretense is complete degeneration of the issues and shut down to all thinking.


... And, you failed to mention, a liberal's last line of defense when her facts don't hold up.

...


Now, now, now [-X

Who could that be?
PLAYER57832 wrote:I hope we all become liberal drones.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class DangerBoy
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:31 pm
Location: Nevada
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Morgan Freeman Strikes Back!

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... e_man.html

When Ebony asked actor Samuel L. Jackson where he stood, his answer raised some eyebrows. Obama's "message didn't mean sh*t to me," Jackson said, according to the New York Post. "I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do." Implying that Obama has not yet been able to behave like a "scary" "n*gga," Jackson said he hopes Obama will be more "scary" in his second term, "cuz he ain't gotta worry about getting re-elected." "I voted for Barack because he was black," Jackson said.


Samuel L. Jackson believes Obama's character, policies and agenda are irrelevant. Jackson said he voted for Obama because he is black.


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z1mJNhRRId


http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/201 ... 14201.html
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Ahahahaha.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,”


Well done: You and your "american thinker" blogger missed the point of his statement and immediately jumped on the sound bite.

The blogger being an american thinker is almost too ironic :lol:
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Lootifer wrote:Ahahahaha.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,”


Well done: You and your "american thinker" blogger missed the point of his statement and immediately jumped on the sound bite.

The blogger being an american thinker is almost too ironic :lol:


No wonder I haven't voted for anyone. No politician looks like me... :(
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4362
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Lootifer wrote:Ahahahaha.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,”


Well done: You and your "american thinker" blogger missed the point of his statement and immediately jumped on the sound bite.

The blogger being an american thinker is almost too ironic :lol:


I thought it was well done for sharing 2 links from 2 different points of view, but none of your post deals with the actual topic at hand, so........yeah great idea to focus solely on the way I shared the racist comments.

You miss my point, Jackson's point, and even your own. If you vote for someone just because they look like you, then it goes without saying that their policy, agenda, and campaign promises don't matter....which is....wait for it.....what the soundbyte/truth of the comment is.

And fyi, the American thinker is just the name of the website, and thinking is something you have not done yet if you think that me sharing the entire articles, from both sides, is "immediately jumping on a soundbyte". What it is doing is pointing out blatant racism.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby pimpdave on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Sounds to me like more of these candidates need to wear cool sunglasses if they want my vote.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby pimpdave on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Oh hey, check it out. Coincidentally, I have that same pair! Obama is the coolest, most effective, brilliant and amazing president this country has ever had.

Image
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Ok PS, there are a couple of things that jump up at me from the links and your/the bloggers comments on the situation; some are obvious, some not so much:

- Sammy is none too smart (obvious)
- His main point is not that he voted for Obama because he is black but the [fallaciously founded] argument that two wrongs make a right: rephrasing... "dem der white folk wont vote for a black man so ima cancel dem out and not vote for a white man, herpa-dee-derp".

Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby john9blue on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Lootifer wrote:Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).


voting for a black man because he's black isn't racist?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 pm

john9blue wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).


voting for a black man because he's black isn't racist?

No, and i've discussed the reasons for this earlier in the thread.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby john9blue on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Lootifer wrote:No, and i've discussed the reasons for this earlier in the thread.


link me so i can see how you managed to justify that LOL
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby pimpdave on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

I like how this thread conveniently resurfaces after Herman Cain is out of contention.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Anti Tea Party Death Squad Task Force Headquarters
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Mr_Adams on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 pm

pimpdave wrote:I like how this thread conveniently resurfaces after Herman Cain is out of contention.


I like how that fact is completely irrelevant.
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
User avatar
Lieutenant Mr_Adams
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:33 pm
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Poll on Racism: Samuel Jackson

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 am

Lootifer wrote:Ok PS, there are a couple of things that jump up at me from the links and your/the bloggers comments on the situation; some are obvious, some not so much:

- Sammy is none too smart (obvious)
- His main point is not that he voted for Obama because he is black but the [fallaciously founded] argument that two wrongs make a right: rephrasing... "dem der white folk wont vote for a black man so ima cancel dem out and not vote for a white man, herpa-dee-derp".

Samual is an idiot, but it doesnt make him racist for supporting a black man (your premise).


He's not racist for supporting a black man. He is racist for making his decision based solely on skin color. I think that is as clean as a match to being racist as it gets. If you say you will only vote for someone who is black, you also say that you are not supporting someone else because they are white/purple/yellow/green......NOT BLACK!

I understand this is a "progressive" attitude, which makes total sense when it comes to the issue of racism. I also understand sometimes the racism is so blatant that you can't even see it until after you give it some thought.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login