Conquer Club

TO of the Year - 2011 [Contest] All Results: 2nd Post

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TO of the Year - 2011 [Contest]

Postby Lindax on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:49 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:LX--I also wonder how we can get the word out on this a little more.

I am sure a lot of players are planning to take the time to do some nominations so that is why the responses are slow.

I just wonder being at the top of this page it is not getting noticed by many of the players--maybe if something could be added to the create/join pager where most players check out on a weekly basis at least.

Just my thoughts

I'll see with NS if I can post it in other forums.

Maybe people can post a link in their clan and usergroup forums....

I think you're right about people taking some time to work out their nominations, I am. ;)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Tammy DeLee on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:52 pm

i probably screwed this up but this is my list of favorites - i'll update with the whys when i have a little more time O:) Consider it updated! ;)

Best Small Tournament - Concretes feudal +2 dubs C's tourneys are always great, small but fun and well run
Best Mid-Sized Tournament - no opinion
Best Large Tournament - Lindax - LxDS Superbowl 1
Best Huge Tournament - lufsens - bring it on! just the magnitude of it. I played in it many times and it was always so organized & in sync
Best Terminator Tournament - no opinion
Best Assassin Tournament - no opinion
Best 1 v 1 Tournament - Highlanderattack - HA series So many games, never saw any slip ups by HA, but player screw ups were taken care of so fast that the tourney never missed a beat.
Best Doubles Tournament - Lindax's doubles series
Best Triples Tournament - Gilligan - Triples of Terror - was a lot of fun, i really enjoyed it
Best Quadruples Tournament - no opinion
Best Large-Team Tournament - Lindax - TLO's
Best International Tournament - no opinion
Best Speed Tournament - CC Staff Battle Royales - so big and witnessed a few problems (created by some players, not staff) they handled them very well... I was impressed!
Best Mixed Tournament - no opinion
Best Sports League Tournament - no opinion
Best Tournament Series - Fog of Feudal War - Handled very efficiently, fast and well fun
Most Creative/Innovative Tournament - Lindax - Damsel in distress - this was definitely an original idea. I think CC should publish the finished story, it turned out so cool. With so many authors you would think it would have been kinda off the wall, but not the case! everyone did a great job!
As far as the rest of my nominations, Lindax was the host. I have seen him organize and play in so many tournaments, large & small. Many times they would overlap and i have never, not once ever seen a screw up. I know im supposed to be giving reasons for nominating a tourney and not a host. So consider this my reason for all his tourneys that i listed. Every one i mentioned i played in and they ran so smoothly. I was the captain of a team in the TLO tournament last year, and it seemed I had more of a problem sending in my list of maps & who would play than he did running the whole thing (which he also played in) there were so many rounds that he had to send me reminders on in order to get my weekly list, but the tourney never missed a beat. games were always out on the day they were supposed to be. was so efficiently run that i was in awe, as i was in all of his tourneys that i witnessed firsthand. I don't see how anyone could be that organized and I am so jealous! Sorry, didn't mean to ramble... but hey, thats what i do! O:)
Last edited by Tammy DeLee on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
show: purdy
Sergeant 1st Class Tammy DeLee

Postby Qwert on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 pm

lol,lindax,you are now like Telephone Operator "sorry these number not awailabile,please call again"
"Before use please read manual" Usualy people use stuff and not read manyal, now like here,nobody read manual,and half of post people nominate something what its not fulfill TO award limit.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:56 am

qwert wrote:lol,lindax,you are now like Telephone Operator "sorry these number not awailabile,please call again"
"Before use please read manual" Usualy people use stuff and not read manyal, now like here,nobody read manual,and half of post people nominate something what its not fulfill TO award limit.

It's only fitting that people don't read what is needed to make a legit tournament nomination considering that many people don't read tournament rules on what is needed at sign up.
Major Bones2484

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:12 pm

the 'complex' nomination process/form could also be offputting ;)
Last edited by greenoaks on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Fuzzy316 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 pm

1. Tournament name: World Cup of Risk 2011
2. Link: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=148589&start=0
3. TO: WorldCup4James
4. Categories: Best Medium sized tournament; Most creative Innovative
5. Reason: WorldCup4James took the time to create this tourney based off real life World Cup. Had to take the time and figure out all the singles maps, along with regions and countries and continents. In addition he used graphics to assist in visualizing an actual Grid that allowed players to follow the action without looking at all the games. This was a fun and exciting tournament that gave plenty of chances to get to the later stages.

1. Tournament Series: The KISS series.
2. Link: Many links to many tournaments. If required, can post.
3. TO: Greenoaks
4. Category: Best tourney series.
5. Reason: Greenoaks created a simple concept and has executed it very well. Keeping tabs on all the tourneys he has in this series can be quite a task. Yes, they are 1 vs. 1 games, but many tournaments require many updates and games followed.

1. Tournament name: HA Presents a Love for LUX
2. Link: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=151456
3. TO: HighlanderAttack
4. Category: Best 1 vs. 1 Tournament
5. Reason: HA is a master at creating simplistic, yet large scale 1 vs. 1 tournaments. He sets down rules and regulations that players must follow, and he must also ensure players are following those rules, ensuring fairness for all players. This particular tournament, in addition to others like it, required the best win percentage, with a minimum number of games to be played (75). The end result was 1681 games played overall with the winner playing in 116 of them. That is a lot of tracking.

1. Name: Zombie Apocalypse
2. Link: viewtopic.php?t=146840
3. TO: deantursx
4. Category: Best Small Tournament
5. This was a very creative tournament using a small number of players, which allowed players who lost and became zombies to actually make it back to human status, giving them several chances to stay alive.

1. Name: Gods, Devils, and Everything in Between
2. Link: viewtopic.php?t=147463
3. TO: deantursx
4. Category: Best Small Tournament
5. This small scale tournament allowed players to move up and down a ladder, until the eventual winner became the sole remaining "God" over the rest of the players. Depending on the type of match-up it was, actually determined the map and settings, making it both easier and more difficult for certain players, presenting an extra challenge.
Last edited by Fuzzy316 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
qwert wrote:lol,lindax,you are now like Telephone Operator "sorry these number not awailabile,please call again"

It's only fitting that people don't read what is needed to make a legit tournament nomination considering that many people don't read tournament rules on what is needed at sign up.

And to be fair, the link on the home page just says "Who was the Best Organizer of 2011?".
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Lindax on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

And to be fair, the link on the home page just says "Who was the Best Organizer of 2011?".

True, I would have worded that differently if I had posted it.

Nevertheless, if people don't read the first post their nominations will most likely not be valid.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TO of the Year - 2011 [Contest] Please Read 1st Post!

Postby callmecommander on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:08 pm

1. Mystery Door
2. viewtopic.php?f=92&t=148375&hilit=mystery+door
3. DD2
4. Best small tourney, Best mixed, Most creative
5. DD2 ran a few of these, at least 3. The idea was that were a certain number of "mystery doors", decreasing in number each round. Each round, each player chose a door and played everybody who chose the same door on a random map, needing a win to advance. However if you were the only one to choose a door, you received a bye. This forced players to be dynamic, having to win in different conditions and on different maps each round. It also added some mental games. Players were able to see what doors people chose the round before, and in the case of II and III, the past tourneys, and try to figure out which door would get them a bye. You could count on me to pick door 1 though, only straying once, just to lose on door 8. This added strategy, which also took away nothing in the way of simplicity, is what made this tourney so fun in my opinion. I strongly believe you should consider this tournament.
SW
Corporal 1st Class callmecommander

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:24 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Very true. I made a new headline.
Major Night Strike

Postby Lindax on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Night Strike wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Very true. I made a new headline.

Thanks NS!

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 pm

callmecommander wrote:1. Mystery Door
3. DD2
5. DD2 ran a few of these, at least 3. The idea was that were a certain number of "mystery doors", decreasing in number each round. Each round, each player chose a door and played everybody who chose the same door on a random map, needing a win to advance. However if you were the only one to choose a door, you received a bye. This forced players to be dynamic, having to win in different conditions and on different maps each round. It also added some mental games. Players were able to see what doors people chose the round before, and in the case of II and III, the past tourneys, and try to figure out which door would get them a bye. You could count on me to pick door 1 though, only straying once, just to lose on door 8. This added strategy, which also took away nothing in the way of simplicity, is what made this tourney so fun in my opinion. I strongly believe you should consider this tournament.

Thanks. I registered your nomination except for the "Mixed" category. It doesn't fit there because all games were standard.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Tupence on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Name: MotoGP Season 1: (Superbike Series)
Link: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=142850
TO: tokle
Category: Best Tournament Series
Reason: Every tournament in this series has been well organised and well presented, with the right balance between having individual tournaments that are not too small, yet all counting towards an overall scoreboard.

Name: Top v Bottom
Link: viewtopic.php?t=135349
TO: paulgamelb
Category: Best Mid-Sized Tournament (960)
Reason: A novel idea and a nice way of moving through the maps alphabetically, without only starting at the beginning like many TOs do.

Name: Initech Series
Link: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=92755
TO: Peter Gibbons
Category: Best Tournament Series
Reason: All very well presented a thought-out, with a good range of maps, settings and themes for the various tournaments to keep everyone happy.

Name: Blood Money: USA
Link: viewtopic.php?t=130770
TO: MrGlassB
Category: Best Assassin Tournament, Best Mid-Sized Tournament (504)
Reason: A great twist on regular assassin tournaments, which made every game count and added an extra dimension to the strategy. Plus I could've won had I not lost over $1,000,000 in the penultimate round...

Name: THE LOTTERY I
Link: viewtopic.php?t=137289
TO: DJENRE
Category: Best Assassin Tournament, Best Small Tournament (192)
Reason: A quick tournament with a nice idea that made every game high-pressure, with an all too apt title!

And last but certainly not least:

Name: College Hoops 2010-11
Link: viewtopic.php?t=129381
TO: flexmaster33
Category: Best Sports League Tournament, Most Creative/Innovative Tournament, Best Huge Tournament (22752)
Reason: An exceptional tournament, which was extremely well organised. With over 150 players each with individual maps and settings, it must have been a nightmare to run. On top of that, each game had to be looked at in order to generate detailed results. Flex also came up with a way of translating unique aspects of the sport into a CC format in order to create a very realistic and accurate tournament. Tournament of the Year in my opinion.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby Lindax on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Tammy DeLee wrote:i probably screwed this up but this is my list of favorites - i'll update with the whys when i have a little more time O:)

Best Small Tournament - Concretes feudal +2 dubs
Best Large Tournament - Lindax - LxDS Superbowl 1
Best Huge Tournament - lufsens - bring it on!
Best 1 v 1 Tournament - Highlanderattack - HA series
Best Doubles Tournament - Lindax's doubles series
Best Triples Tournament - Gilligan - Triples of Terror
Best Large-Team Tournament - Lindax - TLO's
Best Speed Tournament - CC Staff Battle Royales
Best Tournament Series - Fog of Feudal War
Most Creative/Innovative Tournament - Lindax - Damsel in distress

You're doing just fine. Now all we need is the reasons why you think the above mentioned tournaments should win. ;)

Oh, and "CC Staff Battle Royales" is not really a tournament....

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby callmecommander on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:42 am

Lindax wrote:
callmecommander wrote:1. Mystery Door
3. DD2

Thanks. I registered your nomination except for the "Mixed" category. It doesn't fit there because all games were standard.

Lx

Thanks!! I Just wasn't sure if mixed meant doubles, singles, trips, and/or quads or if it included different types of standard.
SW
Corporal 1st Class callmecommander

Postby redhedge47 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm

1 pixars choose you map tourney
2http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=157063
3 Pixar
4 best mixed and most creative
5 this is the most original tourney i have ever played and it was alot of fun
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby Lindax on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 pm

redhedge47 wrote:1 pixars choose you map tourney
3 Pixar

Thanks. I registered it under Most Creative/Innovative. It's not a mixed tournament because all game were standard.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby redhedge47 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Lindax wrote:
redhedge47 wrote:1 pixars choose you map tourney
3 Pixar

Thanks. I registered it under Most Creative/Innovative. It's not a mixed tournament because all game were standard.

Lx

bleh forgot that
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 pm

[quote="Lindax"}
Amount of abandoned tournaments
[/quote]

:-k
better get started if i want a chance to win in this category next year i heard that the competition will be hot in 2012
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Lindax on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:52 pm

caymanmew wrote:
Lindax wrote:Amount of abandoned tournaments

better get started if i want a chance to win in this category next year i heard that the competition will be hot in 2012

You obviously didn't read the first post. Unfortunately for you there will be no winner in that category ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

You obviously didn't read the first post. Unfortunately for you there will be no winner in that category ;)

Lx

dam that sucks i was sure i could get that one

o well might as well win everything else then
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Lindax on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 pm

caymanmew wrote:
Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

Lx

How about making yourself useful and nominating some tournaments? Who knows, somebody might return the favor.... :D

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Ika Pakao on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Name of the tournament: Gunn's Trips Round Robin II
Link to the tournament thread: Gunn's Triples Round Robin II (Completed)
Name of the Tournament Organizer: Gunn217
The category (or categories) you nominate the tournament for: Best Triples Tournament
The reason why your nomination should win: Very good setup and tournament design. Most importantly the most interesting and thrilling tournament I played. After a lot of turnarounds three teams ended up tied. So we had to play a new round robin tiebreaker including home, away and random games. After first 6 of tiebreaker games two teams were still tied, so the tournament was decided very late in the tiebreaker!

"In the long run, we naturally expect a rational man to outperform an irrational man, ceteris paribus, because random factors cancel and efficiency triumphs over inefficiency" - Anthony Downs
General Ika Pakao

Postby Caymanmew on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

Lx

How about making yourself useful and nominating some tournaments? Who knows, somebody might return the favor.... :D

Lx

did not make any tournaments last year ;)

but i can think of other ways to be "useful" :twisted:
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby richman688 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:35 pm

1v1 Conqueror of Europe
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=153707&start=0
eagleblade
1 vs 1
Most Creative/Innovative Tournament

this is a very innovate tournament with a a interesting storyline.
He is Organized and easy to work with. Its had a nice twist with a round robin tournament.
He keep is tournament on point and updated.
He fallow through with all his commitments
Corporal richman688

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives