TO of the Year - 2011 [Contest] All Results: 2nd Post

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TO of the Year - 2011 [Contest] Please Read 1st Post!

Postby caymanmew on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
Lindax wrote:Amount of abandoned tournaments

:-k
better get started if i want a chance to win in this category next year i heard that the competition will be hot in 2012

You obviously didn't read the first post. Unfortunately for you there will be no winner in that category ;)

Lx

dam that sucks i was sure i could get that one

o well might as well win everything else then
high score 3185
Major caymanmew

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Postby Lindax on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 pm

caymanmew wrote:
Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

better get started if i want a chance to win in this category next year i heard that the competition will be hot in 2012

You obviously didn't read the first post. Unfortunately for you there will be no winner in that category ;)

Lx

How about making yourself useful and nominating some tournaments? Who knows, somebody might return the favor.... :D

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 124
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (8)

Postby Ika Pakao on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Name of the tournament: Gunn's Trips Round Robin II
Link to the tournament thread: Gunn's Triples Round Robin II (Completed)
Name of the Tournament Organizer: Gunn217
The category (or categories) you nominate the tournament for: Best Triples Tournament
The reason why your nomination should win: Very good setup and tournament design. Most importantly the most interesting and thrilling tournament I played. After a lot of turnarounds three teams ended up tied. So we had to play a new round robin tiebreaker including home, away and random games. After first 6 of tiebreaker games two teams were still tied, so the tournament was decided very late in the tiebreaker!

"In the long run, we naturally expect a rational man to outperform an irrational man, ceteris paribus, because random factors cancel and efficiency triumphs over inefficiency" - Anthony Downs
General Ika Pakao

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (12)

Postby caymanmew on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
Lindax wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

Lx

How about making yourself useful and nominating some tournaments? Who knows, somebody might return the favor.... :D

Lx

did not make any tournaments last year ;)

but i can think of other ways to be "useful" :twisted:
high score 3185
Major caymanmew

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Postby richman688 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:35 pm

1v1 Conqueror of Europe
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=153707&start=0
eagleblade
1 vs 1
Most Creative/Innovative Tournament

this is a very innovate tournament with a a interesting storyline.
He is Organized and easy to work with. Its had a nice twist with a round robin tournament.
He keep is tournament on point and updated.
He fallow through with all his commitments
Corporal 1st Class richman688

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8)

Postby mkcummins on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 pm

+1. great tourney, well run and exhilarating finish

Ika Pakao wrote:Name of the tournament: Gunn's Trips Round Robin II
Link to the tournament thread: Gunn's Triples Round Robin II (Completed)
Name of the Tournament Organizer: Gunn217
The category (or categories) you nominate the tournament for: Best Triples Tournament
The reason why your nomination should win: Very good setup and tournament design. Most importantly the most interesting and thrilling tournament I played. After a lot of turnarounds three teams ended up tied. So we had to play a new round robin tiebreaker including home, away and random games. After first 6 of tiebreaker games two teams were still tied, so the tournament was decided very late in the tiebreaker!
Major mkcummins

Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (21)

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Tupence wrote:Name: Blood Money: USA
Link: viewtopic.php?t=130770
TO: MrGlassB
Category: Best Assassin Tournament, Best Mid-Sized Tournament (504)
Reason: A great twist on regular assassin tournaments, which made every game count and added an extra dimension to the strategy. Plus I could've won had I not lost over $1,000,000 in the penultimate round...

I was both surprised and honored to see one of my tournaments nominated here. :) Thanks, Tupence! Glad you enjoyed it. If only I wasn't running against "Master of Assassin." haha!

Probably going to nominate some tournaments, but I need to do some research first. I'll be back. :)

MGB
Sergeant 1st Class MrGlassB

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (19) General Contribution (1)

Re: TO of the Year - 2011 [Contest]

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:16 pm

1. Name of the tournament: 2011 MLB Season
  2. Link to the tournament thread: 2011 MLB Season
  3. Name of the Tournament Organizer: vykingsfan64
  4. Categories:
    • Sports
    • Huge (score is 5250; 30 particpants, winner played 175 games)
    • 1v1
  5. The reason why your nomination should win: This tournament was well run and fun all the way through. Not only was it a good time and lot of good games, there were GA Medals offered, the standings were updated reguarly, and I am pretty sure that everyone who played had a good time.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:34 pm

1. Name of the tournament: patrickaa317's Massive Dubs Tourney
  2. Link to the tournament thread: patrickaa317's Massive Dubs Tourney
  3. Name of the Tournament Organizer: patrickaa317
  4. Categories:
    • Doubles
    • Medium (score is 690; 10 entries, winner played 69 games)
  5. The participants got to play on almost every map possible. Big task for a TO to take on.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:52 pm

1. Name of the tournament: MC's Random Doubles on Your Map
  2. Link to the tournament thread: MC's Random Doubles on Your Map
  3. Tournament Organizer: mcshanester29
  4. Categories:
    • Creative/Innovative
    • Doubles
  5. The reason why your nomination should win:
      This was a great tournament to play in. Got to know a new partner and play on quite a few new maps. Not only that, I got to learn a new map the whole time as well. Very fun.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Lindax wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Most Creative/Innovative - Chap's Pick 'em Challenge series - It was always fun to see how many people would challenge you in a round and the maps and settings that people wanted.

Chap's Pick'em Challenges did not enter the final stage before 2012

Lx

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to nominate this for both "Most Creative/Innovative" and "Best Series": search.php?keywords=challenge&terms=all&author=chapcrap&sc=1&sf=firstpost&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

If you need a specific tournament for the "Most Creative/Innovative", go with http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 1&t=141427 as I believe that was the first one of the series.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

1. Name of the tournament: Looking out for Number One!
  2. Link to the tournament thread: Looking out for Number One!
  3. Tournament Organizer: koontz1973
  4. Categories:
    • Creative/Innovative
    • Mixed
    • Small (Score is 160; 16 entries and winner played 10 games.)
  5. The reason why your nomination should win:
      Fun tournament that provided different game formats and moved quickly. Only wish I had played a little better in it!
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 pm

1. Name of the tournament: Trainee Triples Series
  2. Link to the tournament thread: viewtopic.php?t=84551 (link to the first one, I'm not sure when they all finished, but there are 9 in total.)
  3. Tournament Organizer: DJ Teflon
  4. Categories: Series
  5. Reason:
      I didn't play in all of the tournaments in this series, but what I did play in was enjoyable and fun. Great way to get noobs into team game play. I had a lot of fun.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

1. Name of the tournament: Breaking Thru Ice
  2. Link to the tournament thread: Breaking Thru Ice
  3. Tournament Organizer: IcePack
  4. Category: Creative/Innovative
  5. Reason:
      It was a good tournament that had a new twist for me. All of the games were against IcePack. So, you had to go through him to win the tournament. Probably the most even playing field for everyone because everyone had the exact same games. Great idea and it spawned a tournament of my own.

1. Name of the tournament: Triple ICE
  2. Link to the tournament thread: Triple ICE
  3. Tournament Organizer: IcePack
  4. Categories:
    • 1v1
    • Creative/Innovative
  5. Reason:
      Great 1v1 tournament that made you rely on 2 other 'teammates' performances. I enjoyed it. Especially since I won!!
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Name of the tournament: Major League Soccer 2011
Link to the tournament thread: Major League Soccer 2011
Tournament Organizer: flexmaster33
Categories: Best Mixed Tournament
Best Sports League Tournament

The reason why your nomination should win:
It was a great tournament by a great TO. Loved having the 1 vs 1 and a triples game. You had to have a team effort as there was three players playing 1 vs 1 and the triples game going toward your score.

show
Sergeant 1st Class mcshanester29
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 156
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21)
General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion