Limitations for Tournament Organizers who are beginners

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Limitations for Tournament Organizers who are beginners

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Night Strike wrote:There are a lot of experienced organizers that don't post in their tournament threads either. It probably just means that the two directors who handle abandoned tournaments should be tighter on their warnings to slacking organizers rather than have us institute new policies that needlessly restrict new organizers.

Example 1: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=157760
From ~6 months since the tournament started, the TO hasn't posted in 4 times with intervals bigger then 1 month... its tournament from new TO.

Example 2: viewtopic.php?t=175961
The Tournament has just started and the tournament organizer already hasn't posted for more then 1 month.

I'm wondering who is giving permission to these new TO's without pointing them the rules for organizing a tournament? Its obviously that restrictions are required, regardless if someone want or not, or stop giving permissions and medals to TO's that brake the rules.

There are plenty of experienced organizers that don't do those things either, fyi.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby 6_roller on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 am

The problem is not the new TO's it's the lack of suport for new TO's.

You're trying to fix the problem by making it less, rather than fixing the root cause.
Sergeant 6_roller

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 am

6_roller wrote:The problem is not the new TO's it's the lack of suport for new TO's.

You're trying to fix the problem by making it less, rather than fixing the root cause.

What support do you think would be good to have that isn't currently in place?
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby 6_roller on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 am

Any!

I got no support as a new TO, and the advice I got from the TD's was rubbish! (which lead to delays in getting people as replacements)

What support do you think new TO's get, as I can confirm that as of April this year, there was none.
Sergeant 6_roller

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 am

6_roller wrote:Any!

I got no support as a new TO, and the advice I got from the TD's was rubbish! (which lead to delays in getting people as replacements)

What support do you think new TO's get, as I can confirm that as of April this year, there was none.

I help and give advice to any new TO that has requested it from me. I don't know what your situation was like, but we have resources in place and multiple people who you can ask for help.

You can check the tournament handbook for most advice... Although, admittedly, it could use updating. However, if you aren't more specific, there's nothing I can say about what you went through.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 am

chapcrap wrote:
6_roller wrote:Any!

I help and give advice to any new TO that has requested it from me. I don't know what your situation was like, but we have resources in place and multiple people who you can ask for help.

You can check the tournament handbook for most advice... Although, admittedly, it could use updating. However, if you aren't more specific, there's nothing I can say about what you went through.

his first and only tournament was ambitious, vague, confusing and eventually abandoned because not even the TO found it interesting enough to complete it.

6's Random Bumps In The Night
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives