Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby pamoa on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:43 am

Mare Nostrum

round 1
    8 groups of 6 to 8 players, 4 survivors goes next
    - Ancient Greece
    - Battle Of Actium
    - Circus Maximus
    - Egypt: Lower
    - Iberia
    - Italy
    - Malta
    - San Marino

round 2
    8 groups of 4 survivors, winner goes next
    - Peloponnesian War

round 3
    8 players seeking to be emperor
    Imperium Romanum
de gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces et donjonnée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:18 am
Location: Confederatio Helvetica
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby gannable on Wed May 06, 2009 9:38 pm

brief summary -

about 24 doubles teams

4 divisions, 2 conferences
6 team divisions
this is supposed to be just like a sports league

play a schedule of 50-80 games with an emphasis on your own division with very games against the opposite conference.

the winners of the each division get a 1st round bye

the next 4 teams in the conference are seeded accordinng to w/l and then play round
next round its reseeded as the division winners as the top seeds. the one with the best record is of course the top seed at this point.

each playoff round is best of 7

initially i wanted it be world 2.1 unlimited, fog, escalating but not everyone will be interested in that so each team can select their home field. the regular season will be based on home/away games and there will be home field advantage in the playoffs.

it will be an ongoing thing where we keep a record.

I like the idea of having a league and playing games with a goal in sight. i want it be just like a sports league with its own history, rivalries,etic
i could assist you.
send me a private message if interested
User avatar
Captain gannable
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Obamaland ie surrounded by idiots
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby gannable on Thu May 07, 2009 4:43 pm

CC Doubles Franchise League

24 teams

2 conferences
2 divisions within conference
6 teams within each conference

Wales Conference

Patrick Division Adams Division

Team 1 Team 2
Team 8 Team 7
Team 9 Team 10
Team 16 Team 15
Team 17 Team 18
Team 24 Team 23


Campbell Conference

Norris Division Symthe Division

Team 3 Team 4
Team 6 Team 5
Team 11 Team 12
Team 14 Team 13
Team 19 Team 20
Team 22 Team 21

There will be a regular season in which each team will accumulate a wins and loss record. After the regular reason there will be playoffs to determine the season’s champion.

The playoffs will consist of 12 teams from each conference with 4 rounds.

During the 1st round each division winner will get a bye.
The 4 remaining top teams from each conference will be seeded from 1 to 4. 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3. The winners will move on to the second round.

Second round – the division winner with the best record will play the lowest seeded winner from the previous round. The other division winner will play the other winner.

Conference championship – the winners of the two previous rounds will play here to determine the winner of the conference.

Finals Round – the Conference winners will play to determine the season’s League Champion.

Each playoff round will be a best of 7 with the highest seeded winner having home field advantage. 4 of the games will be on their home settings.
Games 1 and 2 will be on the highest team’s settings
Games 3 and 4 on the lowest team’s settings
Game 5 – highest team
Game 6 – lowest team
Game 7 – highest team

Regular season Schedule

1st batch of games – each team will play each of their division opponents twice – 1 game home, the other away.
10 games in total

2nd batch of games – each team will do likewise but against each of the 6 teams against teams in the other division within their own conference.
12 games in total

3rd batch of games - each team will do likewise but against the 6 teams from a division within the other conference.
12 games in total

4th batch of games – each team will play their division opponents
10 games in total

5th batch of games – each will play the teams from the division in the other conference that they have not played yet
12 games in total

6th batch of games – each team will play the teams in the other division within their own conference
12 games in total

7th and final batch of games – each team will play their division opponents
10 games in total

78 regular season games in total

Each team will select their own type of game – ie, map, forts, cards, fog or no, etc

Once a team joins the league they are in for life until they decide to drop out
This will be an ongoing league with infinite seasons.
We’ll keep track of the wins/losses and playoff results in order to establish a history.

The allocation of teams to divisions will be based on the total number of pts between the two players for each team. The teams will be ranked from 1-24 based on pts. Team 1 will go to the Patrick division, team 2 to the adams division, team 3 to the Norris, team 4 to the symthe division, team 5 to the symthe and so on. See the above chart for further clarification.
User avatar
Captain gannable
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Obamaland ie surrounded by idiots
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby andy_is_awesome on Mon May 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Lets play some Tic-Tac-Toe !!!
You can set it up as a 1v1 tourney or do teams. For example:

Team [X]
-joe
-bob
-briggs

Team [O]
-billy
-james
-keebler

Here's how it will work. A coin toss decides who goes first.
If it's your turn, your team picks a square and the setting for the game.
If you win you get the square. If you lose, the other team gets the square.

Sound fun?


_X_|___|_O_
___|_X_|_O_
_O_|___|_X_
Image
User avatar
Major andy_is_awesome
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:53 pm

gannable wrote:CC Doubles Franchise League

24 teams

2 conferences
2 divisions within conference
6 teams within each conference

Wales Conference

Patrick Division Adams Division

Team 1 Team 2
Team 8 Team 7
Team 9 Team 10
Team 16 Team 15
Team 17 Team 18
Team 24 Team 23


Campbell Conference

Norris Division Symthe Division

Team 3 Team 4
Team 6 Team 5
Team 11 Team 12
Team 14 Team 13
Team 19 Team 20
Team 22 Team 21

There will be a regular season in which each team will accumulate a wins and loss record. After the regular reason there will be playoffs to determine the season’s champion.

The playoffs will consist of 12 teams from each conference with 4 rounds.

During the 1st round each division winner will get a bye.
The 4 remaining top teams from each conference will be seeded from 1 to 4. 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3. The winners will move on to the second round.

Second round – the division winner with the best record will play the lowest seeded winner from the previous round. The other division winner will play the other winner.

Conference championship – the winners of the two previous rounds will play here to determine the winner of the conference.

Finals Round – the Conference winners will play to determine the season’s League Champion.

Each playoff round will be a best of 7 with the highest seeded winner having home field advantage. 4 of the games will be on their home settings.
Games 1 and 2 will be on the highest team’s settings
Games 3 and 4 on the lowest team’s settings
Game 5 – highest team
Game 6 – lowest team
Game 7 – highest team

Regular season Schedule

1st batch of games – each team will play each of their division opponents twice – 1 game home, the other away.
10 games in total

2nd batch of games – each team will do likewise but against each of the 6 teams against teams in the other division within their own conference.
12 games in total

3rd batch of games - each team will do likewise but against the 6 teams from a division within the other conference.
12 games in total

4th batch of games – each team will play their division opponents
10 games in total

5th batch of games – each will play the teams from the division in the other conference that they have not played yet
12 games in total

6th batch of games – each team will play the teams in the other division within their own conference
12 games in total

7th and final batch of games – each team will play their division opponents
10 games in total

78 regular season games in total

Each team will select their own type of game – ie, map, forts, cards, fog or no, etc

Once a team joins the league they are in for life until they decide to drop out
This will be an ongoing league with infinite seasons.
We’ll keep track of the wins/losses and playoff results in order to establish a history.

The allocation of teams to divisions will be based on the total number of pts between the two players for each team. The teams will be ranked from 1-24 based on pts. Team 1 will go to the Patrick division, team 2 to the adams division, team 3 to the Norris, team 4 to the symthe division, team 5 to the symthe and so on. See the above chart for further clarification.


When does it start?
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 pm

I have LOTS of ideas!

Oh if anyone need assistance running a tourney feel free to PM me and ask.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
User avatar
Lieutenant JoshyBoy
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: In the gym. Yeah, still there.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:04 pm

andy_is_awesome wrote:Lets play some Tic-Tac-Toe !!!
You can set it up as a 1v1 tourney or do teams. For example:

Team [X]
-joe
-bob
-briggs

Team [O]
-billy
-james
-keebler

Here's how it will work. A coin toss decides who goes first.
If it's your turn, your team picks a square and the setting for the game.
If you win you get the square. If you lose, the other team gets the square.

Sound fun?


_X_|___|_O_
___|_X_|_O_
_O_|___|_X_


Sounds awesome.

Is this idea still alive?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
User avatar
Lieutenant JoshyBoy
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: In the gym. Yeah, still there.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby jpshuz on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 pm

I'd like to see a tuorney for SFC's & lower!!! Set up as 1x3 or 1x4, maybe Random maps to force us to learn more maps... 2 games at a time so freebies can play... standard, Auto, Escalating, Sunny, Chained (or unlimited).... 30-40 some odd players.... Please let me know if you get this set up!!!! =D>
User avatar
Private 1st Class jpshuz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:30 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:
andy_is_awesome wrote:Lets play some Tic-Tac-Toe !!!
You can set it up as a 1v1 tourney or do teams. For example:

Team [X]
-joe
-bob
-briggs

Team [O]
-billy
-james
-keebler

Here's how it will work. A coin toss decides who goes first.
If it's your turn, your team picks a square and the setting for the game.
If you win you get the square. If you lose, the other team gets the square.

Sound fun?


_X_|___|_O_
___|_X_|_O_
_O_|___|_X_


Sounds awesome.

Is this idea still alive?


If no-one has done it yet, I will give it a try..
rds is awesome!
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class iamkoolerthanu
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: looking at my highest score: 2715, #170
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:58 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
JoshyBoy wrote:
andy_is_awesome wrote:Lets play some Tic-Tac-Toe !!!
You can set it up as a 1v1 tourney or do teams. For example:

Team [X]
-joe
-bob
-briggs

Team [O]
-billy
-james
-keebler

Here's how it will work. A coin toss decides who goes first.
If it's your turn, your team picks a square and the setting for the game.
If you win you get the square. If you lose, the other team gets the square.

Sound fun?


_X_|___|_O_
___|_X_|_O_
_O_|___|_X_


Sounds awesome.

Is this idea still alive?


If no-one has done it yet, I will give it a try..


Here it is
rds is awesome!
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class iamkoolerthanu
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: looking at my highest score: 2715, #170
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby Epideme on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 am

As a tournament idea: How about Tournament of the Forgotten Lands, a simple 32/64 person knockout, playing on all those traditional style maps that you never seem to see on the game finder anymore, E.G. North America, Arctic, Cairns Coral Coast.

A breathe of new life into some older tried and tested maps, i'd organise it myself, but i am going on holiday on the 30th, though maybe when i get back, but until then, the idea is going free for anyone who wants to adopt it?
Remember next time you're buying rat poison, spare a thought for a cheerleader...Buy an extra bottle!
Corporal Epideme
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:34 am
Location: Warrington, NW England
Medals: 4
Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby Chadwick_31 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:19 am

I'd like to see a big escalating tourney only for players of 2000 or more points. I sometimes get frustrated trying to find escalating games without a noob that wants to suicide for a bonus, etc.
64 players in 8-man groups, a series of 12 or 16 games on standard maps, with the player with the most wins advancing from each group. Something like that. Or the top 2 players from each group into Final Sixteen.
Colonel Chadwick_31
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:25 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby angola on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 am

Chadwick_31 wrote:I'd like to see a big escalating tourney only for players of 2000 or more points. I sometimes get frustrated trying to find escalating games without a noob that wants to suicide for a bonus, etc.
64 players in 8-man groups, a series of 12 or 16 games on standard maps, with the player with the most wins advancing from each group. Something like that. Or the top 2 players from each group into Final Sixteen.


If I'm allowed to do this, I'll do it.

Obviously with some different variations, but if I'm allowed to put in a 2,000 point rule, then I'll run that tournament.

Mods?
Image

Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Major angola
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Washington state
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13)
Tournament Contribution (16) General Contribution (3)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby sdh on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 am

from the tournament handbook:

# The maximum point restriction allowed on a tournament is 2000+ points per player or team average.
Captain sdh
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:43 am
Medals: 164
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby angola on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 am

sdh wrote:from the tournament handbook:

# The maximum point restriction allowed on a tournament is 2000+ points per player or team average.



Hmm.

I'll go start one.
Image

Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Major angola
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Washington state
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13)
Tournament Contribution (16) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login