General Achievement Medals Policy

For announcing new tournaments or finding one to join.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: General Achievement Medals Policy

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:05 pm

PepeAtila wrote:I think it is a good idea, but it should not be only for a tournament, perhaps it should be given for some reason like "fidelity/loyalty", "fair play/friendly"(voted for the other players in the tournament), "fast join and play"... I think it should be given not every tournament but every serie of them (3, 4 or 5).

Great examples! Maybe good ideas for Tournament Contests as well.

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 129
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby Lindax on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Lindax wrote:Examples? Come on everybody, get creative! :D

Lx

Ok, it seems you guys really need some examples:

Tournament: CARTOON SMACKDOWN!
For: Cartoon Personality Champion

Tournament: JRT's- 2010 Formula 1 Championship
For: Winning Team

Tournament: TLO 2009 II
For: MVP (Most Valuable Player)

Tournament: 2010 Sprint Cup Series
For: All-Star Race Winner

Tournament: HA's 1v1 Ladder
For: Player with the best record

Tournament: Cookie Battle
For: Player of the loser side who baked the most cookies in round 1

Tournament: TPA
For: First 3 in the ranking

Tournament: 2009-10 College Hoops
For: Winner of NIT (consolation playoffs)

Tournament: TO; Table Tennis Super League
For: Winner of the Super League

Apart of those examples you can think of lots of things:

First player to eliminate all opponents in one turn.

First team to win 5 consecutive games without having a player eliminated.

First player to win 3 games under 10 turns.

First player to eliminate 10 players in Terminator games.

Player/Team with the most original "sign-up" post.

Etc., etc.

Come on guys, I know the creativity is there! Let's see some General Achievement Medals in your tournaments!

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby Lindax on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

The examples helped. I just granted a General Achievement Medal for:

Tournament: JRH's Full 2010 MLB Season
For: The player with the best win percentage at the All Star Break

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ZionT on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Can only TO's suggest the medal or is it something that can be suggested by players after the tourney is posted but before it starts?
Major ZionT

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:35 pm

ZionT wrote:Can only TO's suggest the medal or is it something that can be suggested by players after the tourney is posted but before it starts?

Since most of the qualifying conditions would require the organizer to do a bit of extra work (making a new game or two, keeping a separate stat, etc.), then I think it should be up to the organizer to decide if they want to add the extra incentive. That being said, I don't think there's a problem with the players trying to persuade the organizer to add the incentive, but it's still the organizer's job to request it.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby amazzony on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:32 am

ZionT wrote:Can only TO's suggest the medal or is it something that can be suggested by players after the tourney is posted but before it starts?

I would be happy if players came and suggested it to me. I've been going through all my tournaments but can't figure out how to give out medals so I think players should be active at doing it :D

*walks away and waits for PMs with suggestions*
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Medals: 113
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (4)

Postby Lindax on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:38 pm

----
From now on I will grant General Achievement Medals only after your tournament has been created and registered as "Open".

A tournament is registered as "Open" once a Tournament Director approves it. At that point the tournament will appear in the list of tournaments under the "Tournaments" tab, under "Join A Tournament".

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Lindax wrote:----
From now on I will grant General Achievement Medals only after your tournament has been created and registered as "Open".

A tournament is registered as "Open" once a Tournament Director approves it. At that point the tournament will appear in the list of tournaments under the "Tournaments" tab, under "Join A Tournament".

Lx

but in order to get players to sign up, TO's like to differentiate their tournaments from the pack.

this excludes the use of GA medals as an incentive.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Lindax on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 pm

greenoaks wrote:

Lx

but in order to get players to sign up, TO's like to differentiate their tournaments from the pack.

No it doesn't. Registered as "Open" means open for signing up, not "Ongoing". It's only the short time between creating the thread and a TD registering it that you can't have a GA Medal for the tournament yet.

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 am

Lindax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Lx

No it doesn't. Registered as "Open" means open for signing up, not "Ongoing". It's only the short time between creating the thread and a TD registering it that you can't have a GA Medal for the tournament yet.

Lx

:oops:

then i don't have a problem with this at all
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Lindax on Mon May 23, 2011 2:42 pm

Attention Tournament Organizers:

Please let me, Lindax, know when the winners of General Achievement Medals in your tournaments are known and who they are.

You can do that the moment it's decided, or when your tournament is completed, preferably the first option.

If you do not let me know, the GA Medals will not be awarded and winners will be disappointed.

Letting me know the winners is your responsibility!

Thank you,

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Who's running this now? The distribution list still shows Lindax and I sent the below to Night Strike with no reply...

patrickaa317 wrote:Hey Night Strike.

bjf5893 won the GA Medal for victories the most different opponents. Not sure who runs the GA Medals now that Lindax is out of it.

viewtopic.php?t=143254

- Player with the most number of unique defeats. Tiebreaker will be whoever went 2-0 in the most rounds, then their record against each other, and if there is still a tie it will go to the player that made it the farthest in the tournament, and if there is still a tie it will go to the player who beat the highest ranked player (ranks will be looked at shortly after the tourney).

Thanks,
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby Night Strike on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:Who's running this now? The distribution list still shows Lindax and I sent the below to Night Strike with no reply...

bjf5893 won the GA Medal for victories the most different opponents. Not sure who runs the GA Medals now that Lindax is out of it.

viewtopic.php?t=143254

- Player with the most number of unique defeats. Tiebreaker will be whoever went 2-0 in the most rounds, then their record against each other, and if there is still a tie it will go to the player that made it the farthest in the tournament, and if there is still a tie it will go to the player who beat the highest ranked player (ranks will be looked at shortly after the tourney).

Thanks,

Impatient much? You just sent that on Friday.

DJ Teflon is handling most of them at the moment.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Who's running this now? The distribution list still shows Lindax and I sent the below to Night Strike with no reply...

viewtopic.php?t=143254

Thanks,

Impatient much? You just sent that on Friday.

DJ Teflon is handling most of them at the moment.

Thanks NS. A quick reply informing me DJ Teflon was taking care of it would have been perfect. I saw it had been moved from my outbox into my sent items a couple days ago and hadn't received a reply. I don't mind delays as long as I know it's in the works and not being overlooked.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Policy Update

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:30 pm

It has now been agreed by the Tournament Directors that General Achievement Medals may also be awarded in the following circumstances:

• General Achievement Medals may be awarded for the achievement of Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, where applicable, in sports-related tournaments which follow the same format as real-life events. Such tournamnets must be of sufficient size and scope to merit these medals.
Major Teflon Kris

Medals: 176
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (21) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Next

Return to Create/Join a Tournament