A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Ongoing]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [PostBattle3Scenarios;

Postby TX AG 90 on Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I 2nd DK - Well Done!
Major TX AG 90

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (27)

The European Infiltration

Postby blitzkreig2 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Since the industrial revolution environmental groups have protested the destruction and exploitation of our worlds natural beauty and resources. For equally as long they have been mostly ignored and regarded as "tree hugging hippies". Some have protested peacefully, some have sought legislative action, others such as Earth First and the Earth Liberation Front have taken a more militant approach.
When the world witnessed the unilateral destruction of the amazon rainforest recruiting for and belief in these organizations swelled dramatically. Support has grown so much due to outrage at the actions of the united nations security council member nations for their actions in Brazilla that goals that had previously only been fantasy and pipe dreams now may well be attainable.
to truly enact change the environmental groups need true power, the power only established governments an wield. The governments and populace of the European nations have always been more supportive of environmental causes. It is In Europe that they hope to attain the power and influence to change the destructive course of the world.
Not wanting to be undone by traitors from within like happened in China, or to be flanked militarily as happened in the amazon basin the Earth Defense Forces (EDF) have developed a multi faceted approach to their goal of attaining power. The peacefully minded groups will build popular support finding support in local, state, and national governments. Their goals are to quickly gain majority influence in European governments and gain support for the movement while working tirelessly to identify and root out traitors. Simultaneously the more militant groups will use any means necessary to eliminate those in power that are opposed to their earth first agenda, particularly in the U.N security council governments of Russia, France, and the U.K. Will the environmental movement gain control of European power and influence? Or will yet another popular peoples movement be exposed and violently crushed?

Faction represented by the alliance: Earth Defense Forces(EDF), supportive governments, and gathered support

Faction represented by the confederation: U.K., Russian, and French Governments, non-supportive governments.

Map: Europe

settings:
Escalating spoils (gathering of support)
Unlimited reinforcements (good transportation networks and social media)
Foggy (secret government infiltration and spy tactics)
Lieutenant blitzkreig2

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [LASTDay to post scenar

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 pm

The 7 days allotted for writing submissions for Battle/Event Scenario 3 has ended.

blitzkreig2's submission has gone unchallenged. As a result, his well-written and comprehensive storylien has been implemented and will soon be made history in our third battle!

We're now just waiting on the MOH Qualifier games from Battle 2 to finish up; then I'll immediately begin Round 3!
Thanks for your patience :D

Our Next Scenario, by blitzkreig2
show: Battle Scenario

Congratulations to blitzkreig2 for taking the time to write the script for Battle 3! =D> =D> =D>

That makes 2 scripts written for him, and he's now in the lead for the Nostradamus General Achievement Medal!

For now, begin making preparations for turmoil in Europe, all in the name of saving the planet! A true case of ends justifying the means ;)
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (15) General Contribution (5)

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle 2/8; Updated 5/

Postby BunnRee on Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

Won game Game 11102052! Very worthy opponents.
"Men talk of having a soul. I have no soul. I am a soul: I have a body." What all the world's a-seeking: or, the Vital law of true life (p. 138) Ralph Waldo Trine (1896).
Private 1st Class BunnRee

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue May 29, 2012 12:11 am

BunnRee wrote:Won game Game 11102052! Very worthy opponents.

Indeed, it's no easy feat to even make it to the Qualifier game.

Thus we have 1 of the 2 games done. I've when ahead and set up the games for Battle 3 (Europe) so that sending the invites and beginning next round will go as quickly as possible.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (15) General Contribution (5)

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Our third of eight battles is underway!

Over the weekend, you should receive 4 (and only 4) invites.

If by the end of the weekend you have received MORE or LESS than 4 invites please let me know immediately!

And, another congratulations to blitzkreig2 for his contribution in writing the storyline behind our third bloody encounter! =D>

The competition WAS open to ALL contestants; after all the player who has the most scripts approved into the tournament gets a General Achievement medal...

Thank you, and good luck as you take on a new, modern European war, striving to either restore mother nature or protect against radical environmentalism! 8-)

Standings Board (click here)

List of Fronts and Battle Scenarios (click here)

FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [LASTDay to post scenar

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:56 am

WorldCup4James wrote:The 7 days allotted for writing submissions for Battle/Event Scenario 3 has ended.

blitzkreig2's submission has gone unchallenged. As a result, his well-written and comprehensive storylien has been implemented and will soon be made history in our third battle!

We're now just waiting on the MOH Qualifier games from Battle 2 to finish up; then I'll immediately begin Round 3!
Thanks for your patience :D

Our Next Scenario, by blitzkreig2
show: Battle Scenario

Congratulations to blitzkreig2 for taking the time to write the script for Battle 3! =D> =D> =D>

That makes 2 scripts written for him, and he's now in the lead for the Nostradamus General Achievement Medal!

For now, begin making preparations for turmoil in Europe, all in the name of saving the planet! A true case of ends justifying the means ;)

Congratulations Blitzkrieg!

(I'll be back next time, so be sure to sharpen your pencil..:P )
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle 3/8; Updated 6/

Postby coachcarter853 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:39 pm

I will join in if you have a spot. I will do a situation where the last bit of oil in the world is in Antarctica. nuclear to simulate blizzards. Rest is whatever you feel best fits.
Cook coachcarter853

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby Aussie02 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

I'll reserve if you're still in need of another player:)
Captain Aussie02

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
Training Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm

I am aware of some of the players who failed to accept invites. I have contacted them personally and am actively searching for reserves.

I am in search of at least 2 players who can take over for people who have gone off the site for whatever reason. If somehow you can help get players (I've done as much as I can posting in various places), it would be a great help!

Otherwise, please be patient!

Appreciate your commitment to the tournament =D> =D>

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

WorldCup4James wrote:I am aware of some of the players who failed to accept invites. I have contacted them personally and am actively searching for reserves.

I am in search of at least 2 players who can take over for people who have gone off the site for whatever reason. If somehow you can help get players (I've done as much as I can posting in various places), it would be a great help!

Why bother with replacements? You have a training league. Why not just forfeit the games of the deserters, credit their wins to the enemy for this round, and then accelerate the promotion of troops in the training league for next round?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
WorldCup4James wrote:I am aware of some of the players who failed to accept invites. I have contacted them personally and am actively searching for reserves.

Why bother with replacements? You have a training league. Why not just forfeit the games of the deserters, credit their wins to the enemy for this round, and then accelerate the promotion of troops in the training league for next round?

This is true, I was thinking of making some sort of temporary conscription. However, ultimately players will be needed, because in, say, Round 6 or 7, all the players will have been called up.

But perhaps then it would be easier to get recruits. Frankly I don't have choice. Good thinking Duk! =D>

Postby Wizz00 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 am

In please as reserve, don't mind where i get posted
Major Wizz00

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 am

Wizz00 wrote:In please as reserve, don't mind where i get posted

Allrighty, so we welcome 3 new players to the tournament!

coachcarter853 joins in place of Knumbawang, for the remainder of the tournament.

Aussie02 joins in place of eagleblade, for the remainder of the tournament.

Wizz00 joins in place of Linnick, for the remainder of the tournament.

The changes have been made everywhere except on the visual Standings board; that will be done at the next update.

Postby coachcarter853 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I have won that game!
Cook coachcarter853

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013