WINNER - BrotherWolf 2nd Place - shoop76 3rd Place - angola
THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOT OPEN TO NEW PLAYERS
I am attempting to revive this Tournament from the end of Event 40. It appears that Events 3, 13, 26 & 28 were started, but for some reason never completed. These Events will be eliminated. It appears that some Games in Events 41, 42, 43 & 44 have been started, but it is really hard to tell what is going on without any type of chart that tracked what is going on. So these Events will be restarted. My goal is to make things go a little faster and a little simpler. As a result, below is a summary of how this Tournament will be Organized and Tracked:
1. There will no longer be a detailed Point Scoring System and Medals. Since this is based on the Olympics, the only thing that will be tracked is the Medals won. Medals will be matched with Points (Gold = 5 points, Silver = 3 points, Bronze = 1 point). If you finish in any event outside of the Medals, you will not receive any points. The Player that ends up with the most points (based on Medal Count Points) will be the Tournament Winner. If more than 1 Players has the same Point Total, the 1st Tie-Breaker will be based on the Total number of Gold Medals. If there is still a Tie, the Tie-Breaker will be based on the Total number of Silver Medals. If there is still a Tie, we will play a Best 2 out of 3 Series of Games on a Map of my choice.
2. All Events will be Played 1 at a Time. Because there are several Freemium Players in this Tournament, playing multiple Events at a time would be very time consuming.
3. All Event Games will be multi-Player Games. Each Event will consist of 3 - 6 Player Games in Round 1. The Winner and the 2nd Place Player in each Game will advance to the Gold Medal Game. The Winner of that Game will be awarded the Gold Medal. The two Players eliminated last will take 2nd and 3rd Place. So each event will consist of 2 Rounds.
In some of the Events, depending on the Map, I might setup 6 - 3 Player Games in Round 1. In the event the games are setup that way, the Winner of each Game will advance to the single Gold Medal Game.
Since we have a Freemium Player competing, only one Round will be issued per Event at a time. If that Freemium Player becomes a Premium I will run two Events at the same time to speed things up even more.
4. All Game Settings will be Standard, Auto, and Sequential. I will alternate the Spoils each Event from Escalating to Flat Rate. I will alternate the Forts each Event from Chained to Unlimited. Men's Events will be Fog and Women's Events will be Sunny (as originally planned). All Games will have a 20 Round Limit (to keep things moving). If a Game is ended by Round count, the Final Positions will be based on Troop Count.
5. When an Event is complete, I will post the Medals Winners (by both Country Name and Player Name) and I will post an updated Medal and Point Count. That way everyone knows where they stand after each Event.
TOURNAMENT MODIFICATIONS As you all I know, I sent out a PM suggesting some changes to the Game Play to liven things up a bit. I only received comments from one Player that had some reservations, but has agreed to move forward with the changes. So as I said in the PM, below are some of the changes that will be coming to a Game near you:
1. Everyone knows that the Olympics are rife with controversy regarding point fixing and countries "teaming" up to help each other. Of course it has never been proven. But using that theme, I thought it might be an interesting twist to take some of the games and make them Doubles. There would be 3 Games per Event and each Game would have 3 Doubles Teams. The Winner of each Game would advance to the Final Game which would again consist of 3 Doubles Teams. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals (and Points) would be awarded to each member of each team based on how they finish in that Game. Players would be assigned to a Doubles Team using Random.org.
2. Another thought would be to have some Events consist of 6 - 3 Player Games (instead of 3 - 6 Player Games). The Winner of each Game would advance to the Final Game.
3. The final thought I had was to make some of the Games either Terminator or Assassin. These would all be 6 Player Games and the Winner of the Games would advance to a 3 Player Final. In Terminator, the last Player Standing is the Winner. The Final Game with 3 Players would be a Standard Game.
I have gone through Event 50 and have updated the Game Play Changes. That way everyone can see them and be prepared.
Here are the Maps for each Event - Starting at Event 41:
Medal Count through Event 40 was calculated by going back through the information that Tupence had posted as well as going through the Games for the Events that had not been updated and recounting everything. Everything is correct to the best of my knowledge.