[PREM PRIZE] Initech XL: World Extravaganza: WINNER: rcfritz

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Re: [PREMIUM Prize] Initech XL: World Extravaganza [2nd Rd]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Really good news. It's been brought to my attention the exact wording of the tiebreaker stipulation in the first post. The first tiebreaker for a multi-player tie is:

"Most points from the concluding round"

Despite the fact that we didn't have eliminations after the first round, the second round is still a distinct round from the first. Therefore, most points in the 2nd round will be the first tiebreaker, if necessary. This will likely prevent the need for a playoff on the Classic map (which could have delayed the tournament for up to 2 months).

If anyone has any questions, let me know. But I've re-read everything and I think this is the proper interpretation of the rules as they've been written.
Major Peter Gibbons

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Iberia map completed.

Three games, all on Balkans, remain. All three games could potentially affect progression.

57 of 60 qualifiers are known (everyone with 32 points or higher is safe for progression).
Major Peter Gibbons

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:28 pm

I went ahead and did the draw for the Triple Alliance games in Round 3. The bottom three places are provisional, so only 57 of the 60 invites have been issued. This will keep things moving and will also allow us to see if we have any deadbeats. If your game only has 4 players invited, please be patient as it will take a few more days to fill in those spots. Thanks and good luck.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:32 pm

And now only two spots are provisional, as only two players with active games could surpass 31 points, meaning Gilligan qualifies as he holds the tiebreaker among the 3 players currently tied at 31 points.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby stuboy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Nicely run tourney Peter G. Keep up the good work
Lieutenant stuboy

Medals: 47
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 pm

stuboy wrote:Nicely run tourney Peter G. Keep up the good work

+1

Great commitment shown. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Captain Chewie1

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby freyme on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Peter G--Should we have 2 invites if we are not one of the yellow highlighted games at the bottom? I only have 1. Just checking as I am sure I could be misreading something.
Major freyme

Medals: 48
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 am

freyme wrote:Peter G--Should we have 2 invites if we are not one of the yellow highlighted games at the bottom? I only have 1. Just checking as I am sure I could be misreading something.

Only one so far. I've done the draw for the second game but haven't created the games or sent the invites. Should come later this week.

And thanks for the compliments above, stuboy and Chewie1!
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 am

Balkans game #9 isn't over, but it's in the 30th round and at the point where no one can get all 13 points--so that determines the next-to-last qualification spot. Down to just game #1, which somehow has only gone 7 rounds in about 3 weeks. Frustrating, but we need to wait to see who the final qualifier will be.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Some housekeeping...

1) whydelilah has deadbeatted in the Triple Alliance game and missed 3 invites for the Caribbean Islands. As such, he is kicked out of the tournament.

2) Therefore, we now know the 60 players who have qualified for the third round, as 29 points is enough for first alternate position. Per tournament rules, the first alternate will get invites to the remaining 7 games in Round 3 that whydelilah has yet to play.

3) Unfortunately, despite these facts, I cannot send the final invite for the Triple Alliance game (or the final two for the Caribbean games). If Hath scores any points in his active Balkans game, he will pass mickunited333 on the scoreboard. If that happens, Hath is the qualifier and mickunited333 is the alternate. The alternate is going to miss a Triple Alliance game, which means 18 points that he cannot score. We have to know who is the qualifier and who is the alternate before proceeding.

4) That Balkans game is in the 26th round. It's moving a little faster, but we still are several days away at the current pace.

5) Due to the above, the terminator invites for Round 3 are being held a few more days.

Any questions, just let know.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm

I just realized that I don't have to hold up any of the games except the one Triple Alliance one. So, final invites have been sent for Caribbean Islands.

Brazil invites will start coming now, too. South America will follow.

If you are waiting on Triple Alliance Game #3, my best guess is that we are one week away from that starting.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Well, I've made my first mistake--and it's a big one.

For some reason, the first 10 Brazil games are standard and not terminator. I'm not even sure how I was able to pull off getting 10 games wrong and 2 games right, but I did.

For those games that haven't started, I deleted them. I will recreate.

For those games that started as standard... I'm sorry, but I will recreate and send another version. There's no other way to do this right.

Sorry all.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

South America invites are out. You should have 4 games in Round 3 now. The only exception is Game #3 of Triple Alliance, which has disappeared because it's been up with invites for too long. That last Balkans game from Round 2 is in the 29th round... so it really, finally, should (and has to) end soon. The minute I have a result there, the Triple Alliance game will be recreated and invites sent.

Assassin (Mexico) and the first 1v1 (Central America) games will be drawn next and sent ASAP.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am

That final Balkans game has mercifully come to an end. Hath scored no points, so he is technically the alternate in Round 3. mickunited333 gets the final Triple Alliance invite.

Everyone should have 6 games in Round 3 now. Two more sets of Central America to come this week and next. Top 40 players move on to Round 4 (note, as we have a high-scoring deadbeat, that could mean the #43 spot on the scoreboard is the cut-off line).
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Second set of invites for 1v1 Central America games are out.

Caribbean and Mexico maps are nearly over, as is the first 1v1 set. So we are starting to get a decent sense of where things stand. The 5-player Triple Alliance games are also moving at a pretty quick pace. Terminator games might take the longest this time, mostly because I delayed the invites. Will hold the third set of Central America until we get a few more terminator maps finished.

Remember that the top 43 lines on the scoreboard (top 40 players) advance, unless the deadbeat (whydelilah) moves below line 42, in which case line 42 will be the cutoff.

EDIT: I've highlighted the round winners in yellow on the scoreboard.
Major Peter Gibbons

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013