convict...to President (Complete: Night Strike WINNER)

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Re: convict to Congressman to President (27 of 32)

Postby kennys777 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:49 am

SirLindsley wrote:In please.

Looked like you were trying to escape, don't worry I got your number now.

Secure this guy in restraints until the bus leaves!
Captain kennys777

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: convict to Congressman to President (28 of 32)

Postby Just4Me on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 am

Ill join if you have any open slots still
Sergeant 1st Class Just4Me

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: convict to Congressman to President (28 of 32)

Postby kennys777 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 am

Just4Me wrote:Ill join if you have any open slots still

We'll keep the light on for you. Darkness around here brings some serious pain!
Captain kennys777

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: convict to Congressman to President (29 of 32)

Postby Thrak on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 am

Please put me in if there is room.
Captain Thrak

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: convict to Congressman to President (29 of 32)

Postby kennys777 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:15 am

Thrak wrote:Please put me in if there is room.

I bet you wish you could go back in time and do it differently. Aww, that's too bad.
Captain kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (30 of 32)

Postby dorsettrob on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 pm

in please
Private 1st Class dorsettrob

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (4) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Re: convict to Congressman to President (30 of 32)

Postby kennys777 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm

dorsettrob wrote:in please

Looks like you are one of the last ones coming in, it's about time!
Captain kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (31 of 32)

Postby Genoke on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am

it looks like i can close the door....so let the fun begin... :D
My CC:
show
Colonel Genoke

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: convict to Congressman to President (31 of 32)

Postby kennys777 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Genoke wrote:it looks like i can close the door....so let the fun begin... :D

Lock this guy up, let's get these buses out of here. Wait? For what?
Captain kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (32 of 32)Need Rese

Postby kennys777 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Going to wait 2 days to see if I can get any reserves. They may be needed in this tournament. On Sunday, I will mark it as full regardless of the turnout for reserves.

Thanks again for joining and good luck.
Captain kennys777

Postby ChefWeebles on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:26 am

Sounds interesting... throw me on as a reserve if you need it....
Major ChefWeebles

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Postby kennys777 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:16 am

ChefWeebles wrote:Sounds interesting... throw me on as a reserve if you need it....

You are in solitary confinement.
Captain kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (2 of 64)

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 am

chapcrap wrote:Will you edit the first post to say whether or not there is trench please? Make sure to update it for every round.

Also, when you say top finishers, do you mean the last people left in the game or the people with the most eliminations?

And, tournaments have to be designed to finish within a year. If you are saying that there will be these large games and only do one at a time when there are so many (8 in the first round alone), I'm not sure that this would finish within a year.

Last thing, are all games 8 players or just the first round?

I think the concept and idea is great. Just need a few clarifications and tweeks.

Chap, please clarify:
-is this a BIG tournament?
-I'd assume so, since you implied it could last nearly a year
-he said "this is my FIRST tournament"
-so why is HE allowed to make his first tournament a BIG one,
-when you/other TD told me I HAD to finish X number of Small AND have a co-leader that ran a large, etc.
-sounds VERY inconsistent for TD's. . .as usual
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Postby kennys777 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:01 am

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Will you edit the first post to say whether or not there is trench please? Make sure to update it for every round.

Also, when you say top finishers, do you mean the last people left in the game or the people with the most eliminations?

And, tournaments have to be designed to finish within a year. If you are saying that there will be these large games and only do one at a time when there are so many (8 in the first round alone), I'm not sure that this would finish within a year.

I think the concept and idea is great. Just need a few clarifications and tweeks.

Chap, please clarify:
-when you/other TD told me I HAD to finish X number of Small AND have a co-leader that ran a large, etc.

Don't fish here please. If you are not here to play, you shouldn't be here to judge Admins actions. This is not a BIG tournament, all those issues were clarified, obviously you are trolling to find a fight to justify some past action against you
Captain kennys777

Postby chapcrap on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 am

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:

Chap, please clarify:

GLG, it is not your place to do this in this thread. The TO has already made changes and the tournaments is ready to start. You're assuming, and you know what that does. There is no rule that says TOs can't run a big tournament as their first one. There is a rule that says they can not run a large team tournament first. So, don't troll, get your facts straight, and if you aren't going to join a tournament (which you haven't done in over 3 years), then don't worry about it.

Good luck with your tournament kennys. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: convict to Congressman to President ONGOING RD1

Postby notageek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 am

Sorry I wouldn't be able to join... I am playing 4 games right now and I don't have a premium membership.
Cook notageek

Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby kennys777 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Captain kennys777

Postby merch313 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

Tourney still active
Major merch313

Medals: 159
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (7)

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:15 am

merch313 wrote:Tourney still active

Yes, still awaiting round 1 games to finish
Captain kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:17 pm

merch313 wrote:Tourney still active

I guess first off, is this a question? If it is a statement then per Boolean logic, via Venn diagrams, you have just proven your own statement...

Since I assume it is a question (and I hate assuming anything), I have to ask, why didn't you just check the first thread's last edit? You would have seen that I edited the first post (the only person who can do that is the TO) and see that it was actually within the past 72 hours (at most). So, if this was an inactive tournament, which it seems the reasoning behind you stating this tournament is still active (thanks for the support), I would have to say this post in this thread does not need a response from me.

However, you probably expect a response, which you have now received beyond the original response. My original response was actually the short form, this, however, is the long form, which openly highlights the fault of the system of labels in this forum, and the subsequent forums where, it seems, you would like to place this thread. Well, we are playing, and a simple "game finder" search of this tournament would garner a finding of 3 active games in round 1 awaiting finishing!

Hey, let me just say for the record, I am flattered by the Big Brother keeping an eye on me and my tournament. It truly does make me feel safe and secure.

I probably should have just stuck with the short answer, but since CC seems to want to muddy the waters endlessly, in terms of tournament threads, I thought best to at least make light of the situation. I do understand you are just doing your job, however, your job is to make sure no tournament becomes inactive, and the facts are that the first post's "edit" time/date states there was no need to even post here!!! That is the real problem, you are looking for me to do your job, and that irks me to no end!

Yes, Convict to Congressman to President is still active as the original titled stated this whole time, "ONGOING RD1"!
Captain kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (Yes Merch, Ongoing

Postby generalhead on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

I think it is just an update. I believe that they just label the thread for themselves so the tournament directors know what is going on. I don't think they are asking a question. By the rules a tournament has to finish within a year. If it takes longer than I year I believe you have to get permission. That is just a guess though. The tournament directors in my opinion do a pretty good job. they seem to stay on top of things. They always start tournament in a fair amount of time. They award medals in a fair amount of time too. Don't be too hard on these guys for they are volunteers. They spend hours of their own time to make CC a great site. They normally have to go through a bunch of threads a day starting tournaments and closing tournaments updating tournaments and running their own tournaments. In my opinion I think that this is just an update for themselves. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time or the last.
Last edited by generalhead on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant generalhead

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (14) General Contribution (1)

Postby ChrisPond on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

thanks for the laugh Kenny!
Colonel ChrisPond

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Genoke on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 pm

generalhead wrote:I think it is just an update. I believe that they just label the thread for themselves so the tournament directors know what is going on. I don't think they are asking a question. By the rules a tournament has to finish within a year. If it takes longer than I year I believe you have to get permission. That is just a guess though. The tournament directors in my opinion do a pretty good job. they seem to stay on top of things. They always start tournament in a fair amount of time. They award medals in a fair amount of time too. Don't be too hard on these guys for they are volunteers. They spend hours of their own time to make CC a great site. They normally have to go through a bunch of threads a day starting tournaments and closing tournaments updating tournaments and running their own tournaments. In my opinion I think that this is just an update for themselves. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time or the last.

i agree with generalhead. It's just a little check up.
Sometimes a tourney is going on, but very slow...could depend on map and settings...so the forum isn't very active at some moments. They have to check if the tread is still active or not if you ask me.
If they would have a question...you'll know it. i'm sure of that!
My CC:
show
Colonel Genoke

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm

generalhead wrote:I think it is just an update. I believe that they just label the thread for themselves so the tournament directors know what is going on. I don't think they are asking a question. By the rules a tournament has to finish within a year. If it takes longer than I year I believe you have to get permission. That is just a guess though. The tournament directors in my opinion do a pretty good job. they seem to stay on top of things. They always start tournament in a fair amount of time. They award medals in a fair amount of time too. Don't be too hard on these guys for they are volunteers. They spend hours of their own time to make CC a great site. They normally have to go through a bunch of threads a day starting tournaments and closing tournaments updating tournaments and running their own tournaments. In my opinion I think that this is just an update for themselves. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time or the last.

I believe you are correct for the most part. However, per the tournament organizer rules, we are required to label our tournaments in the byline. I have done that, and volunteer or not, nobody was looking at the details, only the facade of the tournament. In other words, someone saw the last post (which happened to be game numbers with links showcasing Round 1 was still VERY active), yet it is a waste of my time to respond to such inquiries. If the volunteers do not have the time to do minimal research, then they should not be volunteers. I work 2 jobs, 1 full time, 1 part time, and I am in the process of doing a startup venture. I really get irked by the lack of genuine research, especially when the research would take them only 2 clicks. Instead, I have to respond in a thread that is active. It defeats the purpose of me having to post in the byline per the TO guidelines!
Captain kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Genoke wrote:

i agree with generalhead. It's just a little check up.
Sometimes a tourney is going on, but very slow...could depend on map and settings...so the forum isn't very active at some moments. They have to check if the tread is still active or not if you ask me.
If they would have a question...you'll know it. i'm sure of that!

So are you saying that the post in my thread is merely a flag for higher-ups to see? The forum is active because I edit it regularly, and also have posted the links to the games to round 1 (right above Merch's post) which would be a good indicator that this tournament is active.
Captain kennys777

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013