Your Favourite Way for the World to End [Complete]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Re: Your Favourite Way for the World to End [Phase 3]

Postby musicalmaven on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:27 am

this is to inform you that i won game # 12802036.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby RobbieDub on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 am

I'm looking for an excuse to show off my sig file image "cough cough" 2 pts please
I won game 12802026 but it wasn't my group and I lost that game so I really need all the points I can get and hope the rest of the group pulled through for the team.
Highest Rank Colonel with 2859
Colonel RobbieDub

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 pm

RobbieDub wrote:I'm looking for an excuse to show off my sig file image "cough cough" 2 pts please
I won game 12802026 but it wasn't my group and I lost that game so I really need all the points I can get and hope the rest of the group pulled through for the team.

Nice sig...:)
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Duke, if you have an extra minute could you update the groups to include who the replacee is? I am trying to see if my group has a chance. Considering both me and donaladen are in the top 10, i have a good feeling, but others may be interested, since it is a group scoring system.
show
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby jimfinn on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:12 am

Is there somewhere we can see the scores for the current round?
Jimfinn is looking for regular doubles/triples/quads partners. Please contact him if you are interested!
Corporal jimfinn

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:20 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Duke, if you have an extra minute could you update the groups to include who the replacee is? I am trying to see if my group has a chance. Considering both me and donaladen are in the top 10, i have a good feeling, but others may be interested, since it is a group scoring system.

Within the next few days.

jimfinn wrote:Is there somewhere we can see the scores for the current round?

Most recent interim scoreboard was on June 8th:
Subject: Your Favourite Way for the World to End [Phase 3]
It's out of date of course. In the next couple of days I plan to start the next batch of games and within another couple of days after that I hope to have another interim scoreboard up. So, five days or a week tops.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

List of replacements

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Phatscotty=Claudio
Lensois=Risk_Averse
Whydelilah=Keefie

Little Witt=eternal shadow
ancessus=westbo
The Saxlad=kirilko
buttersbaby=Larry46
uk massive=Nicholasflak=dumhic

special case:
Waterman5000=Wizz00
drwar=Wizz00
I accidentally used Wizz00 twice, once to replace Waterman5000 and again to replace drwar. Luckily, it won't impact us now because Wizz as drwar did not survive phase 2, so the only instance of Wizz is in his Waterman5000 guise.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Last three maps in Phase 3 have been created and invitations gone out.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Re: List of replacements

Postby smegal69 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Phatscotty=Claudio
Lensois=Risk_Averse
Whydelilah=Keefie

Little Witt=eternal shadow
ancessus=westbo
The Saxlad=kirilko
buttersbaby=Larry46
uk massive=Nicholasflak=dumhic

special case:
Waterman5000=Wizz00
drwar=Wizz00
I accidentally used Wizz00 twice, once to replace Waterman5000 and again to replace drwar. Luckily, it won't impact us now because Wizz as drwar did not survive phase 2, so the only instance of Wizz is in his Waterman5000 guise.

Can't you get Great Ollie to play his Multi?
show: What the Girls say about Smegal69
Major smegal69
SoC Training Adviser

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean
Medals: 155
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: List of replacements

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:19 am

smegal69 wrote:Can't you get Great Ollie to play his Multi?

:lol:
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm

The following have earned the bonus for carrying their group insignia in either their signature or avatar:
badmunkay
elonpuckhog
sempaispellcheck
D-rock42
josko.ri
rubilion
TeeGee
Loose Canon
jonofperu
RobbieDub
Keefie
t4mcr53s2
smegal69
Armandolas
Lufsen75
Parkon
Private D
arno30
sundance123
Dillybarr
schiballs
J-bone
magneto_acolyte
dgz345
thehippo8
chidone
DoomYoshi
jimfinn
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:50 pm

rubilion, thehippo8, and what,me worry? all missed their first invite into their map 10, map 11, and map 12 games.

ZionT managed to join one of them but missed the other two...:(

Most of those invites have been re-sent, except for the hippo's. I know he won't be back any time soon, so I'm replacing him immediately. Our last reserve, wi1bert, is called up to active duty.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 pm

One more Tour Stats dump before I leave for my camping trip.

show: sorted by kills
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Only 20 active games left.

The dreaded day when I will have to actually add up the result draws closer.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:49 pm

I accidentally forgot to include a round limit when creating the Moguls games. The round limit will have to be enforced manually.
Game 12847922, situation at the end of round 50.
Click image to enlarge.

Awarding the win to slownumbers, and kills made until now. No future kills will be credited.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby slownumbers on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I accidentally forgot to include a round limit when creating the Moguls games. The round limit will have to be enforced manually.
Click image to enlarge.

Awarding the win to slownumbers, and kills made until now. No future kills will be credited.

Thanks Dukasaur. very fair, and we're still having a great game. lucky to win this one.
You're only alive because it's illegal to kill you.
Sergeant 1st Class slownumbers
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (4)

Postby RobbieDub on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I accidentally forgot to include a round limit when creating the Moguls games. The round limit will have to be enforced manually.
Click image to enlarge.

Does this mean we are closer to that dreaded day?
I'm killing myself over here trying to figure out if my group will move on.
Highest Rank Colonel with 2859
Colonel RobbieDub

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:14 am

RobbieDub wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

We're very close. All the remaining Hive games are almost at the round limit, which will leave only one problematic City Mogul game.
Last edited by Dukasaur on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Armandolas on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am

dont have some estimate results? :)
Brigadier Armandolas

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (25)

Postby slownumbers on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
RobbieDub wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

We're very close. All the remaining Hive games are almost at the round limit, which will leave only one problematic City Mogul game.

And that last Mogul game should have been won 10 rounds ago, but a certain player who shall remain nameless seems to not understand 3 player strategy, and keeps trying to fight both opponents at once instead of killing the weak one quick and then being free to focus on the stronger one. :cry: If a game which should have ended on round 25 goes to round 50 I'm going to seriously bang my head against a wall. 8-[

If you're speaking of the game i think you are, it's finally over.
You're only alive because it's illegal to kill you.
Sergeant 1st Class slownumbers
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (4)

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 am

slownumbers wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
RobbieDub wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

And that last Mogul game should have been won 10 rounds ago, but a certain player who shall remain nameless seems to not understand 3 player strategy, and keeps trying to fight both opponents at once instead of killing the weak one quick and then being free to focus on the stronger one. :cry: If a game which should have ended on round 25 goes to round 50 I'm going to seriously bang my head against a wall. 8-[

If you're speaking of the game i think you are, it's finally over.

Nope. The other one. :(
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 am

I'm hoping that all games will be done within the next week, and I will be able to compile scores and launch the next round on Labour Day weekend.

Hoping. Not an ironclad guarantee.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I'm hoping that all games will be done within the next week, and I will be able to compile scores and launch the next round on Labour Day weekend.

Hoping. Not an ironclad guarantee.

w00t! Last game in Phase 3 ended 5 hours ago, right on schedule! Congrats Ole Cowboy Hippy!

Computing Phase 3 scores now.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Phase 3 scores:
Link to Phase 3 score spreadsheet

Summary of Phase 3 results:

The winning groups are:
Group ix: GIVE ME GLACIATION OR GIVE ME DEATH! 149 pts.
MVP= cptbeefalo with 30 pts.
Group vii: THOSE ABOUT TO STING, SALUTE YOU! 121 pts.
MVP= jonofperu with 28 pts.
Group v: AL GORE FAN CLUB 106 pts.
MVP= MGSteve with 22 pts.
Group iv: LIST OF DEGENERATE SOULS 94 pts.
MVP= (tie)Donelladan and DoomYoshi with 24 points each.

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Dukasaur on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Preparation for Phase 4

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:02 pm

A brief refresher of how it works:
show: Phase 4 and 5 rules from original post

Group iv
donelladan 24
Vaicius 7
azak848 10
aaronvollrath 9
Ghosteagle 8
kirilko 5
wi1bert 0
DoomYoshi 24
TheHippo8 7
Colonel Donelladan is the highest-ranked player in this group and will captain the B team.
DoomYoshi is tied with Donelladan for MVP with 24 pts each. I was going to make them play a tiebreaker game, but since Donelladan already qualifies as B team leader, it makes sense to simply give the A team to DoomYoshi without the further delay.

Group v
angola 14
Lufsen75 8
hun1 8
Larry46 5
paws1610 11
magneto_acolyte 14
MGSteve 22
cryinlion 13
Buttersbaby 11
MGSteve is the group's MVP and will skipper the A team.
This group contains four Majors. Of the four, Hun1 with a CC score of 2488 is currently the highest-ranked and will pick the B team.

Group vii
josko.ri 14
jonofperu 28
TeeGee 4
rubilion 15
J-Bone 20
dgz345 13
honest gabe 9
Loose Canon 18
Jonofperu was the group's MVP and will lead the A team into action.
Without even checking the profiles, I know that josko.ri is the highest-ranked player in this group, and will be captain of the B team.

Group ix
Robespierre__ 6
arno30 9
V.J. 20
westbo 17
swimmerdude99 20
cptbeefalo 30
Unai 29
bearshark3 18
Cptbeefalo is the group MVP and therefore qualifies to lead the A team.
Brigadier Robespierre__ is the highest-ranked player in this group and will choose the B team.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013