10. Finally, congratulate the winner publicly. There is no greater feeling than having your victory posted for all to see. And, why not…they fought hard and earned it. They should be rewarded with a little bit of “spotlight.” Also, it will keep people interested in joining future tournaments you might host as well.
11. The staff at Conquer Club like to keep things as user-friendly as possible. One way we are able to do this is to literally move tournaments, based upon the status of each.
So, once your tournament is full and under way, please type "Full" or "Ongoing" in the Subject line of your original post. This signals the CC staff to move your tournament to the Ongoing SubForum. Likewise, when your tournament has concluded please type, "Completed" or "Winner: ______," in the same Subject line. This, in turn, will signal CC staff to move the tournament into the "Completed" SubForum.
And don't worry about not being able to find your tourney once it's moved. We always leave a "shadow" directing you to it's new home.
It might help if you all understand my process for moving completed tournaments:
- Go to the Ongoing forum
- Skim through the "red" (those that have new posts) thread titles
- Move any threads that have the title marked with [Winner], [Champion], or something similar
- Remove tournament privileges for that tournament and make marks for the Hall of Fame
- Rinse and repeat for other newly completed tournaments
- Mark the forum read (changes all the symbols to gray) to start the process over for next time
I do not have the time to read every post in every thread nor skim through every thread title on every page of the forum looking for completed tournaments. It's your responsibility as an organizer to update your thread title AND publicly congratulate the player(s) who won your tournament. This also saves you from having to send me or another TD a PM saying the tournament is finished. We usually grant privileges within 24 hours, and I usually get completed tournaments moved within 24 hours, but only when organizers properly update their threads.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, but I'm hoping this clarification will help every thing run a bit smoother in this forum. Thanks.
P.S. You DO still have have to send me a PM for anything involving your Tournament Premium Prize Bank; I do not check threads for that information.