Conquer Club

Completing Your Tournament

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Completing Your Tournament

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:19 pm

I think there needs to be some clarification for what you as an organizer need to do for your tournament to move to the Completed forum. The Tournament Handbook reads:
10. Finally, congratulate the winner publicly. There is no greater feeling than having your victory posted for all to see. And, why not…they fought hard and earned it. They should be rewarded with a little bit of “spotlight.” Also, it will keep people interested in joining future tournaments you might host as well.

11. The staff at Conquer Club like to keep things as user-friendly as possible. One way we are able to do this is to literally move tournaments, based upon the status of each.

So, once your tournament is full and under way, please type "Full" or "Ongoing" in the Subject line of your original post. This signals the CC staff to move your tournament to the Ongoing SubForum. Likewise, when your tournament has concluded please type, "Completed" or "Winner: ______," in the same Subject line. This, in turn, will signal CC staff to move the tournament into the "Completed" SubForum.

And don't worry about not being able to find your tourney once it's moved. We always leave a "shadow" directing you to it's new home.

It might help if you all understand my process for moving completed tournaments:
  1. Go to the Ongoing forum
  2. Skim through the "red" (those that have new posts) thread titles
  3. Move any threads that have the title marked with [Winner], [Champion], or something similar
  4. Remove tournament privileges for that tournament and make marks for the Hall of Fame
  5. Rinse and repeat for other newly completed tournaments
  6. Mark the forum read (changes all the symbols to gray) to start the process over for next time

I do not have the time to read every post in every thread nor skim through every thread title on every page of the forum looking for completed tournaments. It's your responsibility as an organizer to update your thread title AND publicly congratulate the player(s) who won your tournament. This also saves you from having to send me or another TD a PM saying the tournament is finished. We usually grant privileges within 24 hours, and I usually get completed tournaments moved within 24 hours, but only when organizers properly update their threads.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, but I'm hoping this clarification will help every thing run a bit smoother in this forum. Thanks.

~Night Strike

P.S. You DO still have have to send me a PM for anything involving your Tournament Premium Prize Bank; I do not check threads for that information.
Major Night Strike

Re: Completing Your Tournament

Postby colton24 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:05 pm

cool thanks for the info on that ( although it kindsa metions that in OP's handbook ) but it is a good reminder
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Ghost9626 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:45 am

Couldn't of finished without it. thx :D
Sergeant Ghost9626

Postby Night Strike on Sat May 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Apparently there is some confusion about what "publicly announcing the winner" really means. What you MUST do to get your tournament recorded in a timely fashion is to

Update the thread title with [Completed] or [Winner: Name]
    Make a NEW post congratulating the winner

BOTH items must be done to finish your tournament as we do not browse all the threads in the forum every time we move completed tournaments. It's YOUR responsibility as the organizer to do BOTH of these things so that we can see the newly completed tournaments; not a Director's job to announce the winners for you.
Major Night Strike

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:03 pm

i think i've done everything necessary here....
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=194088

after skimming through the completed tourney page, i've seen some that have been updated to complete after mine was posted. while mine stays in the ongoing thread.

please tell me if i'm doing something wrong so i can fix it.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:15 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i think i've done everything necessary here....
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=194088

after skimming through the completed tourney page, i've seen some that have been updated to complete after mine was posted. while mine stays in the ongoing thread.

please tell me if i'm doing something wrong so i can fix it.

Marking complete and bumping the thread to the first page is perfect....serbia will take over from there ;)
Private mcshanester29

Return to Tournament Archives