Conquer Club

MLB 2011 Tournament[Abandoned]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MLB 2011 Tournament[Full][Accepting Reserves]

Postby sigtau88 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Dude in my first round, I was home team, and I went last every single time. You've set up a three game series where I'm the visitor, and I'm going LAST two out of three games.
Sergeant sigtau88

Postby Z-Rambo on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm sorry, but I, and nobody else, have control over who goes first as it is randomly done by the system. The only thing I have control over is setting your home map. I wish I did have control over who went first, but it is impossible unless the developers change the programming on the game settings. Again, I'm sorry for you going last each time.
Private 1st Class Z-Rambo

Postby Z-Rambo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 am

Week 1 is all complete. Week 2 all games sent out. All is going well, and I hope everyone is enjoying the games so far. Let me know if there are any suggestions. The League leaders to date are: New York Yankees(Currently Undefeated), Cleveland Indians, Oakland Athletics(Tie-breaker/division wins), New York Mets, Chicago Cubs, and Los Angeles Dodgers. Congratulations current first place teams. Remember first place team in each division, team up with the other division leaders in your league to face the division leaders of the opposing league in the All-Star Game and a chance at winning a GA Medal for the winning team.

Postby Z-Rambo on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Chutley has not joined his games in nearly 96 hours and has not replied to any PM's sent, even though he has logged in everyday this past week, including today.....there for he is out of the tournament and a reserve will fill in for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Postby Z-Rambo on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Standings updated and have a new look. Much easier to read. I hope everybody enjoys.

Postby skeeta on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:29 am

What does "games Back" mean?
Private 1st Class skeeta

Postby Z-Rambo on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Games back means; How many games the first place team must lose and the teams behind must win to break even. If the first place team wins and the teams behind win, the games back remain the same. If the first place team wins and the teams behind loses, the first place team gains a 1 game advantage. If the first place team loses and the teams behind lose, the games back remain the same. If the first place team loses and the teams behind win, the teams behind gain a game towards breaking even with the first place team. If the first place team wins a game, but no game is played by the teams behind, the first place team gains a half game on the teams behind. If the first place team loses, but no game is played by the teams behind, the first place team loses a half game on the teams behind. If the teams behind win a game, but the first place team doesn't play a game, the teams behind gains a half a game on the first place team. If the teams behind lose a game, but the first place team doesn't play a game, the teams behind loses a half game on the first place team.

Hopefully this makes some sense. It can get complicated, but I am thinking of putting win percentage as a stat, for those whom don't understand as easily.

Postby skeeta on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:26 pm

OK I get it now.
Wouldn't a simple points system be easier though? To me, my teams 6/6 (I was a reserve) should be a better score than 5/4 as it should always be better to have the points in the bag than games in hand.
Private 1st Class skeeta

Postby Z-Rambo on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 pm

It's based off of how Major League Baseball does their standings. I'm following their schedule and statistics as closely as possible, so a point system would be totally different than that of the MLB. Hockey and Soccer(Football) have the point system, but I am trying to do the MLB thing. Feel free to ask as many questions about the MLB, I am sure to answer your questions as accurately as possible.

Postby skeeta on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Ok, just one more question then (I promise heh)
Division Wins & League Wins. Whats the difference? Aren't we just playing the other teams in our divisions in this first round?

EDIT : Just looked and we're not. What a weird way of doing it. Why do they bother with divisions if they travel to other divisions anyway?
Private 1st Class skeeta

Postby Z-Rambo on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:35 am

Skeet, the tournament is based on the Major League Baseball schedule(please refer to MLB.com for schedules and divisions). The season is 162 games long with majority of the games played within the division. Several games are played outside the division within the same League(National League or American League). Also, a few games are Inter-League games played outside your League. I don't make the schedule, but rather I will follow exactly how the schedule has been made by Major League Baseball. There are 6 Divisions, any win within the Division against Division opponents would be a Division win. There are 2 Leagues, National and American, any win within the League against League opponents would be a League win. Your team is in the American League and the East Division. The tournament is set as a season of 162 games with a team trying to accumulate as many wins as possible. If there are any ties, that's where the tie-breakers come into play, Division wins, League wins, etc.. The playoffs include the 3 Division Champions, from the season, in each League and 1 Wild Card team, which is the best record not as a Division Champion. Playoffs include a total of 8 teams. Best record gets the home field advantage and follows the scheduling as followed: Round 1(Division Series best of 5); Game 1: Higher Seed, Game 2: Lower Seed, Game 3: Lower Seed, Game 4: Higher Seed, Game 5: Higher Seed. Round 2(League Championship Series best of 7); Game 1: Higher Seed, Game 2: Higher Seed, Game 3: Lower Seed, Game 4: Lower Seed, Game 5: Lower Seed, Game 6: Higher Seed, Game 7: Higher Seed. Round 3(WORLD SERIES best of 7); Game 1: League Winner of All-Star Game, Game 2: League Winner of All-Star Game, Game 3: League Loser of All-Star Game, Game 4: League Loser of All-Star Game, Game 5: League Loser of All-Star Game, Game 6: League Winner of All-Star Game, Game 7: League Winner of All-Star Game. The All-Star Game is played at the half way point of the season and is a Triples game made up of the 3 Division Leaders in a League facing the other 3 Division Leaders from the other League. The Winner of the All-Star Game gives their League Home Field Advantage in the WORLD SERIES and receive a GA Medal.

Postby Gunn217 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 pm

I'll reserve with madness map
Major Gunn217

Postby skeeta on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Looks like the blue jays are stuck in traffic on the way to the game :(
Private 1st Class skeeta

Postby friesuschrist on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 pm

If you want to check out the schedules and standings of the real league, go to mlb.com

Just want to thank Z-Rambo for organizing this tourney. I'm a huge baseball fan and am going to enjoy the season more because of this.

Skeeta, if there isn't an EPL Tournament yet, you should get one going based on their schedules and rules, etc.
Private 1st Class friesuschrist

Postby bradimus_prime on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:05 pm

ill be a reserve if you still one
Sergeant 1st Class bradimus_prime

Postby Z-Rambo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Added. Thank you. And Thank you Friesus!

Postby Z-Rambo on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Ok. Only 1 game remaining in week 3. I will start creating and sending out invites during the next couple of days. I have started a new job in RL and has slowed me a bit on getting the games started, but once training is over games when be back on schedule. Sorry about any delay.

Postby Blinkadyblink on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 am

I'm in way to many tournaments right now, and I would appreciate if you could replace me. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Major Blinkadyblink

Postby Z-Rambo on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Thank you for playing. Contacting reserves to fill in the vacancy.

Postby Z-Rambo on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 am

Since this past week has been Spring Break in the US, I will allow those who have yet to join their games to be excused until Tuesday 22 March 2011, in which I ask that those players to please join their respectful games.

Thank you.

As of this moment, only two players have yet to join.

Postby friesuschrist on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Regretting my choice of home map...

Can I pretend that the Twins built a new home stadium and change mine? Either way, I hope they fare better than I have.
Private 1st Class friesuschrist

Postby Z-Rambo on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 pm

LMAO>>>>You must think the Twins still play in the Metro Dome....lol.....just kiddin. I have no problem with you changing your map, as long as I don't have multiple objections from the others. What map would you like? I give it a 48 rebuttal period, then if there aren't multiple objections, I will change it.

Postby GhoStedar on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Can I jump in as a res? I would like Doodle Map please.
Corporal 1st Class GhoStedar

Postby Z-Rambo on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:26 am

Sure thing. Thank you.

Postby Tismypueblo on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey. I was hoping I could change my home map too. I realized I would just prefer the classic map. Thanks.

EDIT - I'm the Marlins btw
Corporal 1st Class Tismypueblo

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned