Conquer Club

Jules Verne Contest [Rescued]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Jules Verne Contest [ACT I - 1st Round]

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:45 am

I now have two confirmations for Game 8870027. Thanks
Last edited by mcshanester29 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
show

I am away from CC for a long break! John 3:16-17
Private mcshanester29

Postby Pandemonium on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 am

Game number: 8870028
Special reached: France. Hold Paris for 3+ rounds (I was holding it from round 19 to 24)
Number of players left in game: 3
Do they agreed your bonus? Yes, one of them did, the other one doesn't seem to read the chat at all, so tournament officials should check the game and confirm my bonus whn the game is done - soon I hope :)
Corporal 1st Class Pandemonium

Postby rjhankey on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Game 8870026
Map and objective reached : France, hold Paris 3 rounds
How: Took control of Paris as 2nd player in round 10, have held it so far as the 2nd player in round 14 [4 rounds and counting]
Number of players left in game : 4
Have your opponents confirmed the bonus? Pending, have posted to game chat, but will need to wait until fog lifts to confirm for sure.
Captain rjhankey

Postby Pandemonium on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:55 am

Special reached: France. Hold Paris for 3+ rounds (I was holding it from round 19 to 24)
Do they agreed your bonus? Yes, one of them did, the other one doesn't seem to read the chat at all, so tournament officials should check the game and confirm my bonus - the game is done now, no fog in the log - soy can clearly see that I was holding Paris 19 to 24 and no one held it for more than two rounds before that.

So that makes one 1st place, one 2nd, and a special achieved for me - how many points? It would be nice if we see a table of all remaining players and their points :)

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:57 am

Pandemonium wrote:
So that makes one 1st place, one 2nd, and a special achieved for me - how many points? It would be nice if we see a table of all remaining players and their points :)

You are right, it would be....:-)

I really don't know what has happened to DJENRE. Normally he is an extremely reliable player and tournament organiser, and this tournament was his special baby, so he would not ignore it on purpose. So something serious has happened in R/L for him to be away this long.

Knock on wood that everything is okay and he will be back soon. After all, so far it has only been one week since his last update, and one week might seem like a long time in a game, but in R/L it really isn't a huge amount of time.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Pandemonium on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:35 am

OK, so now its definitive :

Do they agreed your bonus? Yes

Postby torres44cm on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 am

Jules Verne Contest Act 1 - 2nd round. I won game 8870023, and ttblanch held the Paris bonus more than 3 rounds (let me clarify, according to the rules I came in second, since ttblanch held the paris bonus for 1st place). Is there a tournament board, so I can check the status of my games, and when will I be notified when the next Act 2 starts. So I have 2 wins so far in the tournament Act 1, rounds 1 & 2

torres44cm
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby torres44cm on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 am

ttblanch wrote:I hold Paris since the start of the game, now we're in round 4. How can you see that if its foggy??

hey there ttblanch, FYI I left a confirmation on you holding Paris in game 8870023. so you acheived the bonus and according to the rules you took 1st and I took 2nd. Just wanted you to know that I confirmed your win in case it comes up.

All these post make it a little confusing as to tournament status for all players
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Game 8662674 is finally over. Dustin800 wins, SC MAN came second.
That's it for round 1.
=D>
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Announcement.

Four games have remained unfilled for so long that they have reached their auto-delete time. I have re-created these games and am trying to fill them.

Part 1: The easy part
The first two remained unfilled because we were waiting for Round 1 game 8662674 to finish. That game has now finished and these games can play out. This is pretty straightforward.

The game originally designated as:
opposites.
dexterdexter
+ second game 8662674 (SC Man)
honest gabe
is now Game 8979217 and the four players including SC Man have been invited.

The game originally designated as:
+ winner game 8662674 (Dustin800)
Darkseb
bruno fountain
40kguy
is now Game 8979216 and the four players including Dustin800 have been invited.

Part 2: the harder part
This part is a little more difficult. These games were unfilled not because we were waiting for a game result, but because a player involved missed 3 or more invites and has been disqualified. My idea was that when this happened, the player concerned should be replaced by the player that came 3rd in his Round 1 game. DJENRE, however, ruled that the spot should first be offered to that player's team-mates, if they were eliminated in Round 1. He sent me a message about this immediately before he went incommunicado, and didn't tell me specifically who would be replacing whom. I have tried to comply with his wishes.

In this game:
Kennys777
Lalloq
rmjw10
Showt3k, Showt3k is the one who missed 3 invites. He has two team-mates that were eliminated in Round 1, friskies and Jedi Fett.
I have re-created this as Game 8979215
Since there is no clear hierarchy in the teams, I have decided to invite Jedi Fett, who is actively playing games on CC, rather than friskies, who has not played any games at all recently and has not logged in at all for a couple days.

The second game in this category was originally designated as:
Agressivo
clanger35
iwillrocku
n.n.
In this game iwillrocku is the one who missed 3 invites. Later also, n.n. who had already joined the game, dropped it. I hope that this is only because he was impatient with the game starting, and that he will join a new invite now.
I have recreated this as Game 8979214. Here, a decision is not so clear-cut. iwillrocku had 3 team-mates eliminated in Round 1 ( #1gamer, nesterdude and riskitall25 )and all three of them seem to be fairly active on CC. Therefore, I will PM the three of them and ask for their input before deciding which one to invite.
Edit: When I did that, iwillrocku asked for his original game slot, so the simplest solution was to give it to him. Invited.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Whew! FINALLY, all Round 2 games have begun!

=D> =D> =D>
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Keep on posting those Paris bonuses if you have them! Sooner or later they will be compiled. I'm hoping DJENRE will return soon, but if he doesn't I will try to do the score compiling at the end of this round. I will not let this tournament die, and your scores will not be wasted.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby dexterdexter on Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

Game number: 8979217
Map and objective reached: map: France
objective: hold Paris for 3 rounds
Number of players left in game 4;
Have your opponents confirmed the bonus? No (not yet)
I have occupied Paris in round 3, and everyone played 3 rounds each after that happened.
Now we're in round 6.
I still have a great number of troops on Paris and would not lose it for the next round either.
Colonel dexterdexter

Postby kennys777 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 am

Game 8979215

Special reached: France. Hold Paris for 3+ rounds (I took it in round 1, and I was holding it for round 2, 3, and 4)
Number of players left in game: 4
Do your opponents agree to this?
2011-05-02 18:17:30 - Jedi Fett: I couldn't find where it says that Paris was the only objective???
2011-05-03 02:14:31 - Lalloq: yes I didn't know this rule !
2011-05-03 02:15:02 - Lalloq: But I confirm you were on Paris Region the last three turns
2011-05-03 08:28:09 - rmjw10: I confirm that Kennys 777 held Paris for three rounds

I got a response from all three players, but it seems my opponents haven't been keeping up with the thread, so 1 of them says he can't find the rule even though it is on the first page of this thread. Anyway, with 2 confirmations, and awaiting Jedi Fett, I already told him to check this thread for the answers...

The question I have is, what happens if multiple players hold the bonus throughout the game? What if I lose Paris and someone else gains the objective? Is it first come first serve?
Last edited by kennys777 on Wed May 04, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 pm

kennys777 wrote:Game 8979215

Special reached: France. Hold Paris for 3+ rounds (I took it in round 1, and I was holding it for round 2, 3, and 4)

Awaiting their response, will update when available.

The question I have is, what happens if multiple players hold the bonus throughout the game? What if I lose Paris and someone else gains the objective? Is it first come first serve?

Yes. Only the first person to achieve the objective gets the bonus points.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby kennys777 on Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am

updated my objective message...2 players confirm, 1 player commented on it, but has yet to confirm. It is a done deal!

Adding an image link to reinforce...

Last edited by kennys777 on Wed May 18, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby dustin800 on Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Game number: Game 8979216
Special reached: France. Hold Paris for 3+ rounds (I took it in round 1, and am still holding it now (rd 5)
2011-05-04 19:12:42 - bruno fountain: Have only just noticed this was a special rules map did anyone else miss the fact that we had to hold paris to win ?
2011-05-04 23:18:15 - 40kguy: DOES RED WIN NOW?
2011-05-05 01:19:58 - dustin800: yes for the purpose of the tourney i win, if someone else wins the map they get second and also move on
2011-05-05 12:20:45 - darkseb: yah you have to hold paris but only when there is 3 players left
Major dustin800

Postby bruno fountain on Sat May 07, 2011 10:51 am

Please can we have clarification on this ruling please as there is some confusion kicking off. I do not confirm that it was held for three winning rounds. I dont know if it was I hadn't been looking at who held paris every round and the ruling as I am aware steted 3 players left.
Cook bruno fountain

Postby kennys777 on Sat May 07, 2011 1:06 pm

bruno fountain wrote:Please can we have clarification on this ruling please as there is some confusion kicking off. I do not confirm that it was held for three winning rounds. I dont know if it was I hadn't been looking at who held paris every round and the ruling as I am aware steted 3 players left.

Earlier in this thread you will find the official answer...
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat May 07, 2011 1:10 pm

DJENRE wrote:
duncana wrote:You have to understand : it is "at least" 3 players left in the game or higher. That special objective have no sens if there is only 2 players left...

And SirSebstar, let Djenre explain this rules.It is not to you to speak to him.

YES that's the correct answer... 3 players left is a minimum. also works with 4 players.
But not with only 2 players left (because it's too easy this way to score extra points ---> end of the game, you make sure the other player is stuck with a last territ while you hold your bonus place ;)

I hope I answered your question. I gonna be less time online for the next 2 days but I gonna check on my Iphone.

Also, make sure nobody kill the third player when you are holding the bonus. You need to have three players left until the last round of your bonus.

Dukasaur wrote:I found a bunch of expired invites and renewed them all.

Ty for all

Thank you sirsebstar for trying to explain to all but you was wrong.
Guys don't blame him, he's trying to help ;)

I know the player who starts with paris has a little advantage for bonuses but it can be easily taken on the first round.
A player who starts with paris and also starts the game (if he reinforc correctly) has a huge advantage, I know.
But it's a low probability and it's like on many games when one of your opponent starts with a bonus in the drop.

DJENRE

here you go Bruno, it was on page 30 of this thread i think...But this is the TO's answer to the question. So Dustin does have the bonus...because AOD kicks arse.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby darkseb on Sat May 07, 2011 10:42 pm

kennys777 wrote:
DJENRE wrote:
duncana wrote:You have to understand : it is "at least" 3 players left in the game or higher. That special objective have no sens if there is only 2 players left...

And SirSebstar, let Djenre explain this rules.It is not to you to speak to him.

YES that's the correct answer... 3 players left is a minimum. also works with 4 players.
But not with only 2 players left (because it's too easy this way to score extra points ---> end of the game, you make sure the other player is stuck with a last territ while you hold your bonus place ;)

I hope I answered your question. I gonna be less time online for the next 2 days but I gonna check on my Iphone.

Also, make sure nobody kill the third player when you are holding the bonus. You need to have three players left until the last round of your bonus.

Dukasaur wrote:I found a bunch of expired invites and renewed them all.

Ty for all

Thank you sirsebstar for trying to explain to all but you was wrong.
Guys don't blame him, he's trying to help ;)

I know the player who starts with paris has a little advantage for bonuses but it can be easily taken on the first round.
A player who starts with paris and also starts the game (if he reinforc correctly) has a huge advantage, I know.
But it's a low probability and it's like on many games when one of your opponent starts with a bonus in the drop.

DJENRE

here you go Bruno, it was on page 30 of this thread i think...But this is the TO's answer to the question. So Dustin does have the bonus...because AOD kicks arse.

Or simply because we didnt attacked him since it was cleared on the first page of the thread that it was 3 persons and not 4 left. I was easily able to beat him before as the other guys playing. But why destroy my army just to make sure he dont control Paris anymore if on the first page of the Thread is it said 3 person.

EDIT :
Special = Hold Paris for 3 rounds in a row with 3 players left in game.
(i believe if i read 3 players it doesnt mean 4 or 2...but i can be wrong. I thought it was 3 simply because that meant the game had to be advance...someone couldnt do that in the 2-3 turns. Prove we should always ask for further informations

Just think if you have been fair for everyone to Edit the rule on the FIRST page. I don't have time to get around the 3000000 pages of a thread to see if there was any modification on the rules. But i keep going on the first page to see if there was.

Anyway its not Justin fault so congratz for this easy win.
Major darkseb

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 07, 2011 11:09 pm

darkseb wrote:EDIT :
Special = Hold Paris for 3 rounds in a row with 3 players left in game.
(i believe if i read 3 players it doesnt mean 4 or 2...but i can be wrong. I thought it was 3 simply because that meant the game had to be advance...someone couldnt do that in the 2-3 turns. Prove we should always ask for further informations

Just think if you have been fair for everyone to Edit the rule on the FIRST page. I don't have time to get around the 3000000 pages of a thread to see if there was any modification on the rules. But i keep going on the first page to see if there was.

Sorry about the mixup. It should have been worded "at least 3 players remaining," but sometimes DJENRE's English is not completely clear. He did ask a couple of us to proofread it, but I guess we both missed it...:(

Anyway, please check the last page for updates as well. I have no power to edit the first page so it will stay the way it is until DJENRE returns. Whatever discussions we have will be usually towards the end of the thread.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby squishyg on Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Wow, this objective thing is confusing. I held Paris for almost half the game, while there were 4 players and only 3, just to make sure it qualified. Anyhoo, Game 8870038, objective held for many, many rounds. Awaiting acknowledgement from other players.

What happens if they won't acknowledge it?
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 am

squishyg wrote:Wow, this objective thing is confusing. I held Paris for almost half the game, while there were 4 players and only 3, just to make sure it qualified. Anyhoo, Game 8870038, objective held for many, many rounds. Awaiting acknowledgement from other players.

I believe the comment was made that this is visiable in the logs. Once you conquer paris/or start holding it once someone else conquers it/or if you held it from the start/ this is logged. so in the end it is visiable..

also note the paris bonus only applies to the first person to achieve it.. or so i heard.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Dukasaur on Wed May 11, 2011 4:27 pm

squishyg wrote:Wow, this objective thing is confusing. I held Paris for almost half the game, while there were 4 players and only 3, just to make sure it qualified. Anyhoo, Game 8870038, objective held for many, many rounds. Awaiting acknowledgement from other players.

We'll check game log when game's done.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned