Conquer Club

Rodion's WCCL [ABANDONED]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Rodion's WCCL [ABANDONED]

Postby Rodion on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 am

Welcome to Rodion's World Conquer Club League!

The concept of the tournament is to mix CC with a dynamic multiplayer management game! How?

You can sign up as either a manager or a player.
For manager positions, I want the most active/committed CC members I can get.
The managers will NOT play CC games during the tournament, but they will organize their franchise.
Even though players will form teams, the must sign individually.

8 teams - each has 1 manager and 9 players

First phase - the draft

When we get 8 managers and 72 players, each manager will have to hire 9 players. They will form one doubles team, one triples team and one quadruples team (2+3+4 = 9 players).

The hiring process is similar to an auction draft (you certainly know what that means if you've played Fantasy Football). Each manager will start with 200 points. They can all bid on the 72 players to form their rosters. Players will go to the highest bidder (more about auction rules later, but no player will be hired before 24 hours have elapsed since the start of the draft) and the manager will decide the position (doubles/triples/quadruples) they will play during the remainder of the contract. The value players are sold for is their salary.

Managers also gain 200 points per week (to continue paying for their players).

Second phase - the games

After the auction has ended and the 8 teams are formed, they will face each other in a 14 week regular season. Teams will play 9 games (3 doubles, 3 triples, 3 quadruples) per week (3 per player). Whoever wins 5 wins that week's matchup. We'll have playoffs after the regular season (top 4 teams advance to semifinals). Tiebreakers will be heads to heads, point differential, richest franchise and random in this order.

The catch: the initial draft contracts expire in 2 weeks, so managers will have to try to extend their player's contract or see them go to free agency.

Extending a contract: before a player's contract expires, the manager may try to extend it up to a maximum of 3 weeks. This is how you keep your good players on your franchise.

Conditions:
1 - The new contract's salary must be equal or higher than the old contract's salary.
2 - The player must accept the extension.

If those 2 conditions are not met (or if the manager doesn't try to extend a player's contract), the said player goes to free agency.

Free Agency: any team (including the player's former team) can try to hire the player. The player goes to the highest bidder. This is how you bring talent to your franchise.

After week 14 has started, rosters are locked.

3 GA medals approved!

1 - Winning manager - they can't get a regular tournament medal since they didn't play (those go to the 9 players on the winning roster), but they'll get a special General Achievement Medal which is even rarer then the tournament one!

2 - MVP - awarded to the player that wins more regular season games (there will be 42 games per player).

2-player tiebreakers are:
a) heads to heads, if applicable
b) cheapest player (player that got less points throughout regular season)
c) random

3-player (or more) tiebreakers are (if we eliminate players until we get down to 2, we'll revert to 2-player tiebreaker):
a) cheapest player
b) random

3 - Rich Player lottery - every player's regular season points will be summed. Players will get a number of lottery tickets depending on how much they earned. We'll randomly pick a winner (I'll ask someone to do that, probably Lindax). The more tickets you have, the higher you chances are!

System:

0-349 regular season points -> 0 tickets
350-399 regular season points -> 1 ticket
400-449 regular season points -> 3 tickets
450-499 regular season points -> 5 tickets
500-549 regular season points -> 7 tickets
550-599 regular season points -> 9 tickets
600-649 regular season points -> 11 tickets
650-699 regular season points -> 13 tickets
700-749 regular season points -> 15 tickets
750-799 regular season points -> 17 tickets
800-849 regular season points -> 19 tickets
850-999 regular season points -> 21 tickets
900-949 regular season points -> 23 tickets
950-999 regular season points -> 25 tickets
1000-1099 regular season points -> 30 tickets
1100-1199 regular season points -> 35 tickets
1200-1299 regular season points -> 40 tickets
1300-1399 regular season points -> 45 tickets
1400+ -> 50 tickets

Reminder: anyone can join as a player, but be aware that you'll ultimately have no say in which team ends up recruiting you, the position you'll be assigned to play and, in case you don't extend your contract, the next team you'll be a part of.

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:Q1. Is there a minimum contract extension?

1 week.

IcePack wrote:Q2. If the minimum is 1 week (for example) and the original bidded contract was two weeks, and you are required to keep equal or greater salary for player do you have to pay him 2 week salary value for the 1 week extension?

Example:
Manager A wants player A for 1 week contract extension (isn't sure he can get better, or just wanting to test him a bit more). He paid 10 points for this player off the auction block, for two weeks. Meaning - his weekly salary was 5 Points. Can I offer him a contract extension of 5 points? (equal to what he made / week last offer?) or does it HAVE to be equal or greater POINT value, regardless of time extension? (aka Minimum i can offer pay is 10, regardless of 1 week, 2, or 3.)

First of all, all contracts are considered in "weekly value". If you offer 10 points for a player during the auction, he'll be getting a weekly salary of 10 points (meaning you'll pay him 20 points for his 2 first weeks). Now, if you want to extend his contract for one more week, meaning you want him to play week 3 for you, you will need to offer a week 3 salary of 10 points or more. The said player will also have to accept the offer (he may prefer to test the waters of unrestricted free agency, where he'll join the team that offers him the highest weekly salary).

IcePack wrote:Q3. Can you clarify "richest franchise" tie breaker? Is this francise with most Points saved up in the end?

You nailed it. If you, for instance, buys your initial roster for 180 points, you'll save 20 points in the first week and 20 more in the second week. That means you'll have 240 (20+20+200) points in the bank, meaning you can either try to acquire better players from free agency or keep stockpiling points. If both teams end with the same record, split their games and tied with points differential (points here being "match points" - 5-4 win is +1, 6-3 win is +3, 7-2 win is +5, 8-1 win is +7, 9-0 win is +9 - you also score negative when you lose), the franchise with more unused "roster points" will get the edge. That means you were able to perform as well as another franchise, but saving more money. I don't really expect that tiebreaker to be applied, but who knows? :)

IcePack wrote:Q4. Why dont we earn extra points for wins? (winning francise is usually earning / valued higher hten losing francise)

Consider it a "salary caps" designed to create competitiveness. For the same reason the Dallas Cowboys can't have Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mario Williams and Darelle Revis at their team simultaneously.

IcePack wrote:Q5. nothing yet - i await rules of the auction :)

All players will be available for bids simultaneously. Higher bids from one manager cancel lower bids from another manager. Bids CANNOT be withdrawn (if you offered 40 points for a player, the only way you're not getting the player is if someone else offers 41+). A "valid bid" is a bid that doesn't force you to spend more than 200 points on the team.

Example: you offer 80 points on player A. You offer 80 points on player B. You have 40 points for the next 7 players. Since one player costs the minimum of 1 point each, you can only offer 34 points maximum on player C (which would leave you with 6 points to hire players D/E/F/G/H/I). If you offer 35 or more points on player C, that offer will NOT be computed. If later on someone overbids 85 on player B, then you're back to possibly having player A and 120 free points, meaning you now have room to ofer 35+ points on player C, if you so desire. However, you will have to express your wish to do that again (the former "invalid offer" will be totally disregarded).

I want the auction to last 24 or 48 hours at first. After that, all players that have offers will be sold, UNLESS the winning offer was posted in the last 5 minutes (5 minutes is not set in stone, it's just a ballpark figure for now). Winning offers posted in the last 5 minutes will "reset" the clock to 5 minutes. If nobody overbids you in those 5 minutes, then you get the player (if they overbid, clock is back to 5 minutes so you can "reoverbid").
After the "clock resetting" phase is over for all players that have gotten offers, I'll close draft day 1. Day 2 will be opened for the remaining players and I intend on repeating that until all rosters are filled.

Rodion wrote:Managers

1. mc05025
2. got tonkaed
3. TheSaxlad
4. Icepack
5. pearljamrox2
6. alt1978
7. gradybridges
8. Fircoal

Players

1. benga
2. mcshanester29
3. shoop76
4. danryan
5. patrickaa317
6. Bonobo
7. friesuschrist
8. seechster
9. DresdenSooner
10. mviola
11. Ishihara
12. jigger1986
13. link0983
14. happyfeet
15. chapcrap
16. Odeuminus
17. jeraado
18. Maverick0711
19. GhoStedar
20. angola
21. xman5151
22. Dibbler
23. thebest712
24. WILLIAMS5232
25. Evil Semp
26. BunnRee
27. bjf5893
28. woopintroysbutt
29. Cyclone_23x
30. MattiWacklin
31. Buff McKagan
32. WorldCup4James
33. spacewrekker
34. Pirlo
35. scottie
36. Haggis_McMutton
37. LewisJB3
38. iamkoolerthanu
39. Chariot of Fire
40. skillfusniper33
41. drunkmunky
42. kmhebert
43. phillipm
44. jrh_cardinal
45. Commander9
46. canona85
47. Hook2
48. jsnyder748
49. 4 U 2 NV
50. jdtins
51. Seamus76
52. riskitall25
53. Tirbid
54. gqmecock
55. jasholz
56. V.J.
57. calicus
58. sigtau88
59. murphy16
60. Gabriel13
61. seamusk
62. Pyrhhus
63. ckyrias
64. mickunited333
65. josko.ri
66. uk massive
67. GreenBaize
68. rmjw10
69. vexx
70. Mc Lor
71. Zorbas
72. uckuki

Rodion wrote:I understand that this will be a long tournament with 72 players, so the likelihood of some needing replacement is pretty big. This is why I've designed this reserve policy.

Why make a policy? Because I don't want a cook/cadet with a 1-point contract for 5 weeks leaving the tournament and being replaced by a general/field marshal that will inherit that same contract.

Reserve policy:

- if a player leaves, any (preferably premium) player is welcome to join the tournament as a replacement
- the abandoning player is released from his team (future salaries do not have to be paid)
- when this player joins, he'll be a free agent
- if he's replacing another FA, nothing special happens
- if he's replacing a player with an ongoing contract, all managers with a filled roster are extraordinarily allowed to release (end contract without need to pay future salaries) a player so they can clear a roster spot in order to compete for this recently joined player
- auction will have the same rules as other auctions

Rodion wrote:
pearljamrox2 wrote:I am assuming that, having to play all the other teams twice, each weekly matchup will feature one team as the home team(map choice) and the other team is the away team?

Yes.

Playoffs home teams are determined by their regular season performances, by the way (#4 plays at #1, #3 plays at #2, same for the final)

Rodion wrote:
pearljamrox2 wrote:OK, i will manage

If you sign a free agent, is it a standard 2 week contract?

The 2 week contract is set only for the auction.

When signing a FA, you can sign him for any number of weeks between 1-5 (your choice and it does not affect your chances of landing him, as highest weekly salary will always win).

Rodion wrote:Patrick's right. I'm still tweaking a few numbers to find the right balance.

I think I will go with "a player can't have a contract with more than 5 weeks remaining on it". That means a FA can be signed for 5 weeks, while a hired player with 1 week left can be extended 4 more weeks (making 5 the total: 1 under the old contract and getting the old contract salary and 4 under the new contract and getting the new contract salary).

The exception to the rule is the playoffs. If you sign a FA for 5 weeks in week 10, the contract would normally run from weeks 10 to 14. However, rosters are locked when week 14 begins, so this contract will be applied on week 15 (playoff semifinal) and week 16 (final) as well, landing the players for 7 weeks.

Attention: rosters lock earlier than week 14 if a team clinches their playoff spot. As soon as they clinch it, they are not allowed to make roster changes anymore!

Rodion wrote:Don't worry, asking questions now is better than forcing me to make last minute decisions and seem biased. ;)

You can negotiate through any means. Thread, PMs, walls, MSN, smoke signals, whatever. I don't need to know about it.

I just want the confirmation of the deal. In order to express their agreement, they need to let me know. The proper way is through this thread. Managers also need to make the offer, so you'll ultimately need both parties confirming here.

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:More questions:

1. Due to game count is this premium only? (you dot specify and if the games last 1 week + they won't have slots for next week)

2. Have the GA medals for manager been discussed / approved?

3. A question regarding over bidding. I'll need to show example and will use one you've already use in 1st post.

Situation:
You've bid 80 on player A
You've bid 80 on player B
You have 40 points for players C-I.

If the TOTAL combined points for the LOWEST 7 players on the bidding roster cost more than 40, technically you can't even fill a roster. Those 80 point bids were validwhen made, but perhaps the cost of the bottom most inexpensive goes up.
(or perhaps you have existif contracts you must fulfill, lose a player but all free agents are more than ur current funds allow). Roster still unfilled.
This is a original contract issue and extension / free agent issue that might be addressed differently.

A) How will this be addressed on original bids?
lose the bids on your highest offer player? Lowest offered player?
B) how will it be addressed if existing contracts make it impossible to fill a roster based on existing free agency costs?
Drop highest player? Drop any players until a full roster is availible? Entire roster dropped from contracts into free agency? Highest paid player immediately becomes free agent?

These ?'s are important knowing how a mistake in roster and costs will be handled. This might make saving $$ initially extremely important especially with 8 teams bidding on few players in a 40, 48, 56 older option set up. (less players = more demand)

Thanks,

IcePack

1 - Players will play 3 games per week, so I have no reason to exclude freemiums. They must realize, however, that they'll be committing the lion's share of their games to this tournament.

2 - Not yet. I can only talk to Lindax about GA medals after I get the tournament approved by Night Strike. We're talking through PMs about certain aspects (such as the rosters being frozen before week 14 if a team clinches the playoffs) and it will be approved once we have everything cleared up. Then I'll talk to Lindax about GA medals. Lindax is very reasonable, so the managers medal should be easy to get approved. Not sure about the other medals, though.

3 - You need to realize that the last players can be bought for "1" point. After 71 players have been signed and there is only 1 team out there needing 1 player, there's no competition to drive that player's price up, so he can be hired for "1".
Let's assume you offered 80/80/34, time expired and you succesfully signed those 3 players. You have 194 points spent, 6 points remaining and 6 players to fill. All you have to do is wait until every other team has signed their players and then hire the 6 remaining players for 1 point each.
Same thing about your concern that all FAs cost more than what your funds allow. The last remaining FA can be yours for 1 point.

A/B - no need to fix because the system is not broken. Unless I misunderstood your concerns? Let me know!

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:But there will be multiple people bidding @ multiple time on each person. Some guys might purposely bid up other players they have no intent to hire to raise prices etc.

I think it will come up, just wondering how it will be handled.

That's one of the features I love about auctions. The market governs itself pretty well. People can try to pull that, but if they are not overbid they will be forced to hire that player they didn't want (and for an expensive value if all they tried was to drive his plrice over the top).

I intend to start one week only after the others end. Don't forget we'll spend some time signing new players, so hopefully we do that while some games end in such a way that one game will not hold the whole tournament back.

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:Another big question:

1st post states how many games (3 dub 3 trip 3 quad) but does not state game types, settings allowed, etc.
Are maps random? All settings allowed for the teams? Maps decided by managers? Players? Manual freestyle etc?

I don't see this addressed anywhere and really determines who I pick as a manager.

Cheers,
IcePack

Maps/settings are decided by the managers before their home games. They should ask their players what they prefer, obviously, but ultimately it's the manager that will inform me of the maps.

Your doubles team can play their 3 games on the same map or on 3 different maps. Same for triples and quads.

Rodion wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:One question I have (I'm not a manager so it doesn't overly concern me but it may come up).

Do you have to roster all 9 players? i.e. The last player left on the board is someone you just don't get along with at all. Are they forced on your team for $1?

Well, yes. :oops:

If you don't want to be stuck with that player, pay more for one of the other FAs before they are signed elsewhere.
If you can't, tough luck, you should have managed your finances better.

This is how it should work. If you have a good suggestion to make a better system, I'll be considering it. ;)

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:Another big question:

1st post states how many games (3 dub 3 trip 3 quad) but does not state game types, settings allowed, etc.
Are maps random? All settings allowed for the teams? Maps decided by managers? Players? Manual freestyle etc?

I don't see this addressed anywhere and really determines who I pick as a manager.

Cheers,
IcePack

Maps/settings are decided by the managers before their home games. They should ask their players what they prefer, obviously, but ultimately it's the manager that will inform me of the maps.

Your doubles team can play their 3 games on the same map or on 3 different maps. Same for triples and quads.

So are ALL settings allowed? Am I reading this right? Freestyle? Speed? Manual? Nuclear?

I understand map selection now, thank you. Is random map an acceptable choice?

IcePack

Automatic.
Sequential.
Casual.

You can pick spoils (including nuclear), fog/sun and chained/adjacent/unlimited.

Random is a valid map choice.

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:How about Beta map? If no, what about if it gets quenched mid tournament?

That's all I got for now :)

IcePack

No for Beta while Beta, yes when quenched.

Rodion wrote:I understand that this will be a long tournament with 72 players, so the likelihood of some needing replacement is pretty big. This is why I've designed this reserve policy.

Why make a policy? Because I don't want a cook/cadet with a 1-point contract for 5 weeks leaving the tournament and being replaced by a general/field marshal that will inherit that same contract.

Reserve policy:

- if a player leaves, any (preferably premium) player is welcome to join the tournament as a replacement
- the abandoning player is released from his team (future salaries do not have to be paid)
- when this player joins, he'll be a free agent
- if he's replacing another FA, nothing special happens
- if he's replacing a player with an ongoing contract, all managers with a filled roster are extraordinarily allowed to release (end contract without need to pay future salaries) a player so they can clear a roster spot in order to compete for this recently joined player
- auction will have the same rules as other auctions

Rodion wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:You're in a bit of a Catch 22 situation with the auction. Of course the dynamics of a 5 minute window make it very attractive, but it's definitely hard on any manager that is in a bad time zone and can't be around when it all gets going. The auction is going to be one of the highlights of this whole tourney I expect, so why not make it a longer feature (there's no real rush to start the games is there?) and have a 24 hour window so every manager has the opportunity to sleep, eat, live and come back and rebid. You could add a stipulation that all first bids for players MUST be received within the first 24 hours (no first bids on a player are accepted after this deadline) and subsequently any rebids MUST be within 24 hours of your previous bid (i.e. a manager can't hold back for 48 hours and then bid again for the same player).

This would definitely keep the auction alive and give it a round-the-clock dynamism, as well as allowing managers the opportunity to stay in the chase regardless of where in the world they happen to live. Seems a lot fairer.

I've been exchanging PMs with the managers since yesterday. We're discussing a way to do it live 1 player at a time, with 8 managers and I at live chat (or somewhere else - only requirement I have is a chat that mentions when each post was made up to seconds). It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes per player, so 2 and a half hours for the whole auction.

If we fail that, I guess I can incorporate your system. I honestly could approach it from several different perspectives, but I can't really predict how others will play. They can overbid in increments of 1 or already offer big numbers to make the process go faster (I'd compare that to a CC auto-attack). If 2 managers are competing for a player under your rules and they wait 23 hours and 59 minutes before bidding 1 point higher than the current offer, this could go on for more than 3 months.

I'll still consider your suggestion, but mainly for the FA auctions during the tournament. I'll try to mix some sort of "every FA available at the same time" with a "you're not screwed for living on the other side of the planet" feature.

Rodion wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:But there will be multiple people bidding @ multiple time on each person. Some guys might purposely bid up other players they have no intent to hire to raise prices etc.

I think it will come up, just wondering how it will be handled.

That's one of the features I love about auctions. The market governs itself pretty well. People can try to pull that, but if they are not overbid they will be forced to hire that player they didn't want (and for an expensive value if all they tried was to drive his plrice over the top).

I intend to start one week only after the others end. Don't forget we'll spend some time signing new players, so hopefully we do that while some games end in such a way that one game will not hold the whole tournament back.

But won't that hold it but due to some really long games?

I hope we can handle the possible "really long games" only as (if) they appear. It's really hard to foresee everything that can go wrong and make a system impervious to flaws. Every tournament can be stalled by a game that just won't end and sometimes there's nothing you can do but wait. If there are no freemiums it certainly gets smoother, but I don't wish to deny someone a chance to have fun because they can't spend 25 dollars. In the end, all I can really do is promise to find a fair solution if such problem arises.

Whedon's Warriors (Grady) - 33 money available for 3 more players (maximum offer = 31) - Hook2, seamusk, mcshanester29, shoop76, benga, GreenBaize
THE Clueless - 5 money available - COMPLETE ROSTER - chapcrap, happyfeet, Ishihara, Dibbler, skillfusniper33, woopintroysbutt, Buff McKagan, WILLIAMS5232, Cyclone_23x
Blood Farmers - 15 money available - COMPLETE ROSTER - Link0983, angola, patrickaa317, ckyrias, Odeuminus, scottie, friesuschrist, Seechster, Mviola
Guerilla Gorillas - 26 money available for 3 more players (maximum offer = 24) - danryan, Chariot of Fire, jrh_cardinal, riskitall25, jeraado, Maverick0711
Bacon-ators - 16 money available for 4 more players (maximum offer = 13) - josko.ri, Pirlo, Jasholz, uckuki, mickunited333
Jotho Mafia (Fircoal) - 43 money available for 3 more players (maximum offer = 41) - kmhebert, thebest712, V.J., vexx, iamkoolerthanu, murphy16
Tonka's Truck Co - 62 money available for 4 more players (maximum offer = 59) - Haggis_McMutton, 4 U 2 NV, jigger1986, bjf5893, Bonobo
Saxy's United (Saxlad) - 16 money available for 1 more player (maximum offer = 16) - Commander9, jsnyder748, DresdenSooner, Evil Semp, MattiWacklin, Mc Lor, Tirbid, gqmecock
Last edited by Rodion on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:52 am, edited 60 times in total.
General Rodion

Re: Rodion's WCCL (0/8 managers, 0/72 players)

Postby benga on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:22 am

in as player
Sergeant benga

Postby mcshanester29 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:12 am

in as a player
Private mcshanester29

Postby shoop76 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 am

in as player
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby mc05025 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 pm

I 'd like to be a manager

Nice idea btw
Field Marshal mc05025

Re: Rodion's WCCL (1/8 managers, 3/72 players)

Postby danryan on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:53 pm

This will be entertaining. In as a player.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Re: Rodion's WCCL (1/8 managers, 3/72 players)

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:28 am

in as a player. And show me the money!!!
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: Rodion's WCCL (1/8 managers, 5/72 players)

Postby Bonobo on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:59 am

in as a player
Lieutenant Bonobo

Postby friesuschrist on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 am

In as player
Private 1st Class friesuschrist

Postby pearljamrox2 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:46 am

I am assuming that, having to play all the other teams twice, each weekly matchup will feature one team as the home team(map choice) and the other team is the away team?
Major pearljamrox2

Postby got tonkaed on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 am

id be in to manage a team.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby TheSaxlad on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:48 am

In as manager :)
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby pearljamrox2 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 am

I'm considering managing a team, I've done some auction drafts for Baseball
Major pearljamrox2

Postby seechster on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:40 am

in as a player

awesome idea
Lieutenant seechster

Postby Rodion on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:37 pm

pearljamrox2 wrote:I am assuming that, having to play all the other teams twice, each weekly matchup will feature one team as the home team(map choice) and the other team is the away team?

Yes.

Playoffs home teams are determined by their regular season performances, by the way (#4 plays at #1, #3 plays at #2, same for the final)

pearljamrox2 wrote:I'm considering managing a team, I've done some auction drafts for Baseball

Cool, let me know when you decide.
General Rodion

Re: Rodion's WCCL (3/8 managers, 8/72 players)

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:44 pm

In as a manager please.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DresdenSooner on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:54 pm

In as player.
Highest Rank: Major May24,2010
Sergeant 1st Class DresdenSooner

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Rodion wrote:
Managers also gain 200 points per week (to continue paying for their players).

Second phase - the games

Tiebreakers will be heads to heads, point differential, richest franchise and random in this order.

The catch: the initial draft contracts expire in 2 weeks, so managers will have to try to extend their player's contract or see them go to free agency.

Extending a contract: before a player's contract expires, the manager may try to extend it up to a maximum of 3 weeks. This is how you keep your good players on your franchise.

Conditions:
1 - The new contract's salary must be equal or higher than the old contract's salary.
2 - The player must accept the extension.

If those 2 conditions are not met (or if the manager doesn't try to extend a player's contract), the said player goes to free agency.

A few questions:
Q1. Is there a minimum contract extension?
Q2. If the minimum is 1 week (for example) and the original bidded contract was two weeks, and you are required to keep equal or greater salary for player do you have to pay him 2 week salary value for the 1 week extension?

Example:
Manager A wants player A for 1 week contract extension (isn't sure he can get better, or just wanting to test him a bit more). He paid 10 points for this player off the auction block, for two weeks. Meaning - his weekly salary was 5 Points. Can I offer him a contract extension of 5 points? (equal to what he made / week last offer?) or does it HAVE to be equal or greater POINT value, regardless of time extension? (aka Minimum i can offer pay is 10, regardless of 1 week, 2, or 3.)

Q3. Can you clarify "richest franchise" tie breaker? Is this francise with most Points saved up in the end?
Q4. Why dont we earn extra points for wins? (winning francise is usually earning / valued higher hten losing francise)
Q5. nothing yet - i await rules of the auction :)

IcePack
Last edited by IcePack on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mviola on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 pm

In as a player
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby Ishihara on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 pm

sounds like a great concept... in as a player, please.
Major Ishihara

Postby Rodion on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:07 pm

IcePack wrote:Q1. Is there a minimum contract extension?

1 week.

IcePack wrote:Q2. If the minimum is 1 week (for example) and the original bidded contract was two weeks, and you are required to keep equal or greater salary for player do you have to pay him 2 week salary value for the 1 week extension?

Example:

First of all, all contracts are considered in "weekly value". If you offer 10 points for a player during the auction, he'll be getting a weekly salary of 10 points (meaning you'll pay him 20 points for his 2 first weeks). Now, if you want to extend his contract for one more week, meaning you want him to play week 3 for you, you will need to offer a week 3 salary of 10 points or more. The said player will also have to accept the offer (he may prefer to test the waters of unrestricted free agency, where he'll join the team that offers him the highest weekly salary).

IcePack wrote:Q3. Can you clarify "richest franchise" tie breaker? Is this francise with most Points saved up in the end?

You nailed it. If you, for instance, buys your initial roster for 180 points, you'll save 20 points in the first week and 20 more in the second week. That means you'll have 240 (20+20+200) points in the bank, meaning you can either try to acquire better players from free agency or keep stockpiling points. If both teams end with the same record, split their games and tied with points differential (points here being "match points" - 5-4 win is +1, 6-3 win is +3, 7-2 win is +5, 8-1 win is +7, 9-0 win is +9 - you also score negative when you lose), the franchise with more unused "roster points" will get the edge. That means you were able to perform as well as another franchise, but saving more money. I don't really expect that tiebreaker to be applied, but who knows? :)

IcePack wrote:Q4. Why dont we earn extra points for wins? (winning francise is usually earning / valued higher hten losing francise)

Consider it a "salary caps" designed to create competitiveness. For the same reason the Dallas Cowboys can't have Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mario Williams and Darelle Revis at their team simultaneously.

IcePack wrote:Q5. nothing yet - i await rules of the auction :)

All players will be available for bids simultaneously. Higher bids from one manager cancel lower bids from another manager. Bids CANNOT be withdrawn (if you offered 40 points for a player, the only way you're not getting the player is if someone else offers 41+). A "valid bid" is a bid that doesn't force you to spend more than 200 points on the team.

Example: you offer 80 points on player A. You offer 80 points on player B. You have 40 points for the next 7 players. Since one player costs the minimum of 1 point each, you can only offer 34 points maximum on player C (which would leave you with 6 points to hire players D/E/F/G/H/I). If you offer 35 or more points on player C, that offer will NOT be computed. If later on someone overbids 85 on player B, then you're back to possibly having player A and 120 free points, meaning you now have room to ofer 35+ points on player C, if you so desire. However, you will have to express your wish to do that again (the former "invalid offer" will be totally disregarded).

I want the auction to last 24 or 48 hours at first. After that, all players that have offers will be sold, UNLESS the winning offer was posted in the last 5 minutes (5 minutes is not set in stone, it's just a ballpark figure for now). Winning offers posted in the last 5 minutes will "reset" the clock to 5 minutes. If nobody overbids you in those 5 minutes, then you get the player (if they overbid, clock is back to 5 minutes so you can "reoverbid").
After the "clock resetting" phase is over for all players that have gotten offers, I'll close draft day 1. Day 2 will be opened for the remaining players and I intend on repeating that until all rosters are filled.
General Rodion

Re: Rodion's WCCL (4/8 managers, 11/72 players)

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 pm

in as player
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby link0983 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 pm

In as a player
Major link0983

Postby happyfeet on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 pm

in as player
Colonel happyfeet

Postby chapcrap on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:56 pm

IcePack wrote:In as a manager please.

IcePack

I'll be in as a player for IcePack's amazing managerial skills.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Next

Return to Abandoned