Conquer Club

Battle of the Ages: Time Traveler (0/80)

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Battle of the Ages: Time Traveler (0/80)

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Please read the entire thing before even comitting to saying your in, for this tourny is like no other.

Welcome all to my second hosted tournament on this site. I've come a long way since last year's gladiator matches. So this tournament is garunteed to be even better organised than the last.

First off lets start with the way this tourny is set up and why.

It was 2022, the world was at a war that they could truly call a world war. Entire nations were destroyed, nuclear warheads were shot back and forth, sending whatever city on its course to oblivion. Scientists worked hard day and night to come up with the newest and supior weponary to win the battle for their nation and finally put a stop to this endless slaughter. One day a shaman from a unknown African village discovered a hidden teleport, made by the acients to walk through the very essence of time its self. It was not long before the village was under siege by the remaining nations and the shaman killed. It didn't take even a day for the nations to find it. But there was one problem. There were 10 nations, and only room for 8 to go through. That means 2 were going to be left here to die.

^ that is the brief story to start off the first round robin of this tournament. Gameplay will change as the game progresses to different area's, more advanced technologies will be unlocked, and of course will be quicker paced gameplay as it proceeds to the conclusion. Only you can shape how the rest of the story comes out, for if you fall. So does your entire nation.

The newest addition to this tourny that I don't believe has been ever put in others is the secret council. What this is, is a voting session. The two top chosen players from each team will face off in a 1 game elimination round. You can only pick players from your own team to put up for this round. This will be a CONSTANT thing throughout this tourny, so choose wisely because since this is a round robin tourny if you pick a good player to put up on the chopping block and they die out. That one extra win could've gave your nation a chance to survive your next round and keep surviving. So a tip: vote for the weakest link. Mind you, you only get a single vote, so if the person you choose gets up on the chopping block its up to the rest of your nation to choose the other. Of course... there's a catch about this whole voting system. Only members with less than 5-4 can be voted. Also if there's any conducting or bribery of voting found out, message it to me. For if you have 100% proof of it, the accused will be put up on the block for treason, and unsportsmanship behavior. Your vote is yours alone and no checking with teammates to see who they vote for.

Since you heard me right about the 5-4, that means with 10 nations you will have 9 games each. One with a player of each nation. So players of A1-A10 group will only fight each other, while the chance of them getting through depends on the entire nations overall points (this is why the voting process you must be careful and see who's good and who's not on your team. That one friend that just loses too many games can cost you and your teammates the rest of the tourny that you just let through.. Of course with this elimination process of voting, each age (round) there will be less round robin matches to play. This will continue till 3 members of each team are left of the teams remaining. Of course, by the championship round only 2 teams will be left and you'll be facing in a match of 3v3, winners of a 3 round robin match will win it all.

Now enough chit chat. The game is about to begin, and you'll be the ones playing it. (next post will be the rooster and everything close to that. This post will be edited at the story part each age (round).)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Battle of the Ages: Time Traveler (0/80)

Postby jak111 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:33 pm

To join, do not just say "in" or it won't be accepted. Say your in and what team you'd like to be on. Also a fitting map to take into consideration for this first age. APOCOLYPSE. So maps like USA Apocolypse, etc will be the map for the first round. But please post others you'd like to see here as well since I know there's way more than just that.

show: Teams

show: Age settings

The map you play on will be random, but will be a map to suit the age. (you will not be playing in space in the Medevil age... etc.)

show: Council rounds

If anything is missing for info, contact me or post. I'll check at least once every 1-2 days till the tourny starts.

P.S, any ideas for a GA medal will be good. I might just ask a tourny director if we can't get at least one in play here. And the normal tourny medal will go out to the 3 winners (hmmm, I think I heard that somewhere... in Spain, they used muskets and for some reason always had tears...) haha jk ^^ but the 3 winners will recieve the normal tourny medal.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Battle of the Ages: Time Traveler (0/80)

Postby sonicsteve on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:04 am

Sorry mate, but I'm locking this tournament and archiving it, since you don't meet the requirements to host a Large Team Tournaments - see guidelines here. Specifically:

To be allowed to run a Large-Team Tournament the organizer must:

Have successfully completed a minimum of 3 tournaments, including 1 standard-team tournament.
Appoint another TO as co-host or assistant (see below).
Provide a clear and comprehensive tournament description and explanation.
Provide a summary of the above tournament description (key points).
Establish rules for the replacement of players and/or teams.
Design the tournament in a manner that another organizer with a similar amount of experience would be able to rescue the tournament without too much interpretation of the rules.
Seek approval from the Tournament Director responsible for Large-Team Tournaments before posting the tournament in the Create/Join a tournament forum.
The approval PM needs to indicate which tasks both organizers will be responsible for.

You need to host a couple more tourneys, get a co-host, check through the rules above and get permission from the Tournament Director responsible for Large-Team Tournaments (Lindax) BEFORE posting the tournament here.

Please come back once you've done all the above - would hate to see your efforts go to waste.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Return to Abandoned