Conquer Club

Heaven vs. Hell Tournament - Round 5!

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Stormur on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Stormur / Human
Sergeant 1st Class Stormur

Postby Zorg_rsk on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Ok, the tournament has now been filled.

Sadly Cheyco and Stormur were both too late to be fitted in to the 3 teams. However please feel free topost again if you wish to be counted as a substitute in case players drop out (which with 48 is quite probable).

For those 7 players who havn't pmed me, please do so soon or your place in the tournament may be compromised. I'll be sending out a reminder pm to you.

I hope to quickly get those in and get the details up for Part 1. I'll pm everyone game details when we get the games set up.
Private 1st Class Zorg_rsk

Re: I M ON

Postby Forza AZ on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:18 pm

dragon dor wrote:Angel for the dragon dor

team Forza AZ KoE fjanet :wink:

I don't see the 3 of us in the line-up. We were in time weren't we?
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Cheyco on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:38 pm

Sure, I'll sub in of someone drops out.

Warlords of The Wort:
Conquering home brew masters
Foamy death rains down.
Lieutenant Cheyco

Postby Zorg_rsk on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Forza AZ wrote:
dragon dor wrote:Angel for the dragon dor

team Forza AZ KoE fjanet :wink:

I don't see the 3 of us in the line-up. We were in time weren't we?

Dragon Dor is in the line up. I'm afraid I didn't understand a word of "team Forza AZ KoE fjanet" . I'm assuming now he was trying to sign up for you?? I'm afraid my language capabilities past plain english are lacking.

Sadly, scince I didn't understand your "application" in time and because you didn't post it yourself or send me a pm, I'm going to have to leave the list as it is.

However feel free to join as a sub.

Postby wolfmaster on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm

i wonder what does the "(0)" means, i am the only one in atm without that
Major wolfmaster

Postby Zorg_rsk on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 pm

Its personal points, the lists will be edited as time goes by to rank players within their team by individual points.

You not having one was a mistake, I'll add it now.

Postby ChIcAgOcOnS on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:15 pm

FOR DEMONS :twisted: :twisted:

-ChIcAgOcOnS
Cadet ChIcAgOcOnS

Postby Zorg_rsk on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 pm

ChIcAgOcOnS wrote:FOR DEMONS :twisted: :twisted:

-ChIcAgOcOnS

Sorry the teams are now full, however you can still join in as a Reserve.

Quick update, just waiting on khaless for a pm now, and for the mods to aprove me with tournament privelges. As soon as those two things happen I'll post up the new rules along with the first round of games.

So get ready! :D

Postby MountainLion on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:49 pm

Thanks for setting this up Zorg. This will be my first tournament at CC.

Go Angels! 8)
Major MountainLion

Postby Forza AZ on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:52 am

Zorg_rsk wrote:Dragon Dor is in the line up. I'm afraid I didn't understand a word of "team Forza AZ KoE fjanet" . I'm assuming now he was trying to sign up for you?? I'm afraid my language capabilities past plain english are lacking.

Sadly, scince I didn't understand your "application" in time and because you didn't post it yourself or send me a pm, I'm going to have to leave the list as it is.

However feel free to join as a sub.

Yes, he tried to sign up for me also. I think however he thought it was a team tournament.

I will be a substitute then. Add me to the list.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby XenHu on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:26 am

I will sub for the Demons.

It's a pity I missed this..

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby Stormur on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:39 am

put me on substitut
Sergeant 1st Class Stormur

Postby MackBolan on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:15 am

yes.. thank you for doing this tournment... it is my first also... =)
Major MackBolan

Postby Zorg_rsk on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:59 pm

Ok everyone, I have tournament privlages but we are still waiting on Kahless. If I don't get a pm from him in the next 24 hours the first reserve on the list will be moved up to take his place.

Thanks for your patient, should start very soon.

Postby Zorg_rsk on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:33 pm

Ok, everything is ready. So here is the story/rules for part 1. This will also be edited into my first post. The games list for this round will be on the front page, but I'll also pm everyone their game number and password.

Part 1: The Gates

The year was 2250. It had been a bountiful year with food supplies almost meeting the demand of Earths overpopulated people. They had long scince stopped their endless rivalries and wars of hate, and were now all joined under the rule of one merciful king. Scince the union of all of Earths peoples there had been little need for armies, as there was no ar to wage. However in an increasingly overpopulated and growingly corrupt system crime could be found anywhere you looked. To keep up with crime the police force had continued the development and use of weaponry, in order to meet the growing problems pushed upon them. Yet on New Years Day, 2251 everything changed all of this, forever.....

No one knew where the gates came from, or what they were at first. It seemed that one day they hadn't been there, then the next they were. Yet they looked as if they had been the forever and seemed to just fit... To describe one would be impossible, but in short they were large disks two dimensional about the size of a house and on the disks surface a black liquid constantly flowing, could be seen. The disks apeared all accross Earth, there was no explanation to them. That was, until the celestial beings began to cross over. Angels and Demons, began apearing through the gate. At first people took this as a sign, the saviour had come back and their time of trial was over. They couldn't have been more wrong....

For the angels and demons the gates however were surprising too. Hevean and Hell were littered with them, and they took no time figuring out exactly what they did. Each gate lead one way, between two of the worlds (ie. heaven to hell, or Earth to hell ect.). These gates the celestial beings soon realised, were to be the key to their success. No more would they be shunned to their seperate realms, they could now conquer the lush and bountiful land of Earth for themselves, and conquer the would.

It didn't take long for the authorities on Earth to realise these creatures wern't about to come in peace.It seemed all sides now prepared for war, caught unexpectadly by the gates. Each side began to marshal its armies, but this would take time. In the mean time any strikes they could make on the enemy could prove enough to ensure that when war did arive, whoever made these pushes would have a sizeable advanatage.

YOU have been called along with your peers to lead the fight against you enemies whilst they are unprepared and likewise to defend your own people giving you time to prepare yourself. You will have a chance to defend and to attack the two other worlds. Your army will gain an exponential amount of reinforcements as your fights go on and your nation builds up its power. This is your chance to make a name for yourself and give your side the advanatage they need.

The fight between Heaven, Hell, and Earth has begun.

Part 1: Rules

In part one you will play 3 games, one on Earth, one in Hell and one in Heaven. Each game will be 1 vs 1 vs 1 with a represenative from each race present. You will have escalating cards during the game to represent your forces become more organised.

After round 3 of this part is over all wins at each location will be counted up and added together for each team. If your team gets more points than an opposing team on their home ground (ie. Angels home ground is heaven) then you will have an advantage against them in a later part of the game. So you want to make sure you win on your home feild, whilst trying to push an advantage by defeating teams on their homefeilds. Each win will also give your team 1 point to its total (this scoring will eventualy be what determines which team wins or loses).

Maps:

Heaven - Space
Hell - Middle Earth
Earth - Classic

In addition you will also get points for your own personal score. The points will be given out as follows:

Each Win: +5 points
Killing off a player but losing: +1 point
Winning on Home Ground: +2 points
Losing on Home Ground: -2 points
Winning all 3 games: +3 points

Postby Zorg_rsk on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:17 pm

All Games now created. Sending out pms now. Please join your game quickly using the password pmed to you.

Please feel free to mock/initimidate/make fun of the other teams in a roleplaying like way (no real insults please). You can do that here in the forum or in your game.

When your game is completed please post details and a link to it here.

Good Luck and have fun. :D

Postby Coleman on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:26 pm

I've never been more excited about a tournament ever. :lol:"

EDIT: Fan Created Short Version of the Story for people who hate reading.

Set in 2251 all of the people of Earth have managed to be united into a single group. Then gates appeared that created a direct connection between Earth and the realms of heaven and hell. Both Angels and Demons were excited by the new lands to control on Earth and sharing with each other is out of the question. Earth's inhabitants quickly figured out that neither side was on their own and built up armies to send both groups back home and keep them there, going so far as to take the fight to their enemies' own lands.

As the player you are called to defend your side as a commander and win over all.

The fight between Heaven, Hell, and Earth has begun.
Last edited by Coleman on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Ehriggn on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:36 pm

I'd just like to say,this is the coolest thing I've since since I joined conquer club!!
thanks, that is all
Lieutenant Ehriggn

Postby Coleman on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Ehriggn wrote:I'd just like to say,this is the coolest thing I've since since I joined conquer club!!
thanks, that is all

I'm going to join my game last, because as an angel I want to be blue. :lol:

I hope demons join first to be red, and earth will be green, that feels right for some reason. :)
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Zorg_rsk on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:48 pm

haha, feel free to do it that way, but its not a requirement.

I'm realy glad you guys like it so much, I thought it would be funner than the run of the mill sports tournaments (what does sport have anything to do with war anyway :? ).

Postby Darnor on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Come angels, let us win all of our first round matches, and show who are the true masters of the universe.
Sergeant Darnor

Postby MountainLion on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:15 am

Fellow Angels! I've never played the Space map, so if any of you can give me some strategy tips for that map by PM, I'd really appreciate it. Especially since we need to win on our own turf.

Also I noticed there's an extra game in Heaven. I wonder if that will affect anything...
Major MountainLion

Postby Zorg_rsk on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:31 am

the extra game is due to the amount of players. This round heaven has 1 extra game, next round hell will have an extra game and for the third round earth will have an extra game. It should all be equal.

Secondly I have completed the following banners for the Heaven vs. Hell tournament. Please feel free to put them in your sig:

Angel Banner:

Sig Code:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15681][img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Zorg_orc_warboss/Angel.jpg[/img][/url]

Demon Banner:

Sig Code:
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15681][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Zorg_orc_warboss/demon.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Human Banner:

Sig Code:
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15681][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/Zorg_orc_warboss/human.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Just copy the code given for that particular banner and paste it in your sig feild if you want to use it.

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:21 am

this would make for a good mafia game.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned