Conquer Club

Qwertylpc's Feudal Overlord [CANCELED]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Qwertylpc's Feudal Overlord [CANCELED]

Postby qwertylpc on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Feudal War is one of my favorite maps, an everyone (including myself 8-) ) think they are great at the map.

In this tournament, you start with a castle (or village), and work your way up to be the FEUDAL OVERLORD (any suggestions for a less cheesy name are gladly appreciated)

There are 2 Phases to this tournament, Gaining Power and Quelling the Uprising.

Phase 1 - Gaining Power
Well, firstly you are simply a citizen of a castle (or village and I am going to stop adding "or village" because you get the point) and you need to win control.
To do this you have to eliminate 5 other opponents vying for the same control you are, to become the Feudal Lord.

6 Players start at each of the 6 castles and 2 of the villages, each with their own unique settings (click the spoilers for individual settings)
There is no order in a Feudal society, so the games will be Freestyle.
This isn't the 20th century, nukes were not developed.
You cannot see your opponents armies, so the games will be fog.

First, there will be a 6-player Standard Game, the 5 losers get another chance while the winner advances. :)
Then, there will be a 5-player Standard Game, the 4 losers get another chance while the winner advances. :)
Lastly, there will be a 4-player Standard Game, the 3 losers are beheaded :o while the winner advances. :)

After this there will be 3 people remaining from each castle, (24 overall), who will battle again for control of the castle
There will be a 3-player Standard Game for control, the winner advances :D and the losers become his/her minions biding their time. :evil:

show: Feudal Empire - Manual, Flat Rate, Unlimited, No Trench

show: The Great Kingdom - Manual, Escalating, Chained, Trench

show: Realm of Might - Manual, No Spoils, Adjacent, No Trench

show: Imperial Dynasty - Manual, No Spoils, Chained, Trench

show: Rebel Territory - Automatic, Flat Rate, Unlimited, No Trench

show: Barbarians - Automatic, Escalating, Chained, Trench

show: Yer Village - Automatic, No Spoils, Adjacent, No Trench

show: Rhu Village - Automatic, No Spoils, Chained, Trench

show: Players Starting Spots TBD

After this, there will be 8 players left, each representing their own castle. Now, they must march on to unite the realms.
The player will be placed in a random order. Each round, the first player chooses a lord to "attack", then the second player chooses a different lord to "attack" etc. until the last player is forced to attack 1 remaining player.

This means that every player will attack 1 person, and defend from 1 person. (A player may choose themselves, which means they don't attack or defend)

If you successfully defend your castle you maintain it :) , if you fail to defend your castle you lose it. :(
If you successfully assault a castle you capture it =D> , if you fail to assault a castle, your opponent retains it. :-s

All games will be 1v1, Sequential, Fog, and the remaining settings based on the defending territory.

If at any point you don't have a castle you are imprisoned
If you gain a second castle, you advance onward

After this, 4 players will remain, each with 2 castles. The same thing is done again with these 4 however you assault/defend 2 castles a round (if possible).

If you capture a total of 4 castles, you advance to the finals

After this 2 remain. Each with some number of castles + villages. Now up to this point castles and villages were equivalent, but we all know what the objective in Feudal is, and that is to "Unite the Lands"

So, the players will challenge each other 2 castles/villages a round until 1 player holds all 6 castles, and they will be declared the Feudal OverLord =D> =D> =D>

Phase 2 - Quelling the Uprising

Now a few days go by, and you've already become a lazy ruler, a fact which your opponents want to capitalize on. In your initial castle, there are 3 knights who you thought were beheaded who really are alive. :shock: (Lost in all 3 of their first 6,5, and 4 player games)

They fight in a 3-player Standard Game, the 2 losers are actually killed :o while the winner advances. :)
This winner will fight your 2 minions (the people who won the initial 6/5/4 player games, but lost for complete control of the castle) in another 3-player Standard Game, the 2 losers are actually killed :o while the winner advances. :)

Now you have 2 minions from each of the 7 remaining castle/village, and a ruler from each village who miraculously escaped :shock: .
The 2 minions will fight in a best of 3 1v1 game with their designated settings, and the losers are actually killed :twisted:.
The winner fights another best of 3 1v1 for control of the castle/village against the prior ruler and the losers are actually killed :twisted:, while the winner advances.

Now, there are 8 players left and you presiding over all of them. 8-) 8-)

For your cruel :twisted: entertainment, you have them fight each other.
In a best of 5 1v1 series, they battle twice on each of their home maps, and you decide the tiebreaker settings.
The match ups are:
Feudal Empire v Rebel Territory
Rhu Village v The Great Kingdom
Realm of Might v Imperial Dynasty
Barbarians v Yer Village

Out of your amusement, you do this again with the winners (best of 5 again)
The match ups are:
Feudal/Rebel v Rhu/Great Kindgom
Realm of Might/Imperial v Barbarians/Yer

Being the cruel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: leader you are, people don't like you, but you don't give a f*ck your the dam ruler, so you do it again. :x :x
In another best of 5 the 2 remaining players battle.

At this point everyone hates you, and the 1 Lord left decides to challenge you. :o You will battle in an epic 7 game 1v1 series.

He picks a setting for his 3 games, and you pick the settings for your 4 games cause guess what :?: :?: :?: you're still the king.

If you win :D you've proven yourself and you win. If you lose your dead so you don't think, and the uprising was successful.

If somehow you guys tie, then I am Shakespeare and Fortinbras will rule.
Last edited by qwertylpc on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Re: Qwertylpc's Feudal Overlord (1,48)

Postby qwertylpc on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 pm

reserved
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Postby qwertylpc on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:09 pm

reserved

Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Major qwertylpc

Postby osman76 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Interesting... Feudal Empire plz!
Lieutenant osman76

Postby chapcrap on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 pm

This is a little bit of a crazy setup, so I want to make sure I understand what's going on before I give it the OK. :)

qwertylpc wrote:Feudal War is one of my favorite maps, an everyone (including myself 8-) ) think they are great at the map.

In this tournament, you start with a castle (or village), and work your way up to be the FEUDAL OVERLORD (any suggestions for a less cheesy name are gladly appreciated)

There are 2 Phases to this tournament, Gaining Power and Quelling the Uprising.

Phase 1 - Gaining Power
Well, firstly you are simply a citizen of a castle (or village and I am going to stop adding "or village" because you get the point) and you need to win control.
To do this you have to eliminate 5 other opponents vying for the same control you are, to become the Feudal Lord.

6 Players start at each of the 6 castles and 2 of the villages, each with their own unique settings (click the spoilers for individual settings)
There is no order in a Feudal society, so the games will be Freestyle.
This isn't the 20th century, nukes were not developed.
You cannot see your opponents armies, so the games will be fog.

First, there will be a 6-player Standard Game, the 5 losers get another chance while the winner advances. :)
Then, there will be a 5-player Standard Game, the 4 losers get another chance while the winner advances. :)
Lastly, there will be a 4-player Standard Game, the 3 losers are beheaded :o while the winner advances. :)

After this there will be 3 people remaining from each castle, (18 overall), who will battle again for control of the castle
There will be a 3-player Standard Game for control, the winner advances :D and the losers become his/her minions biding their time. :evil:

That should be 24, not 18, right?

qwertylpc wrote:
show: Feudal Empire - Manual, Flat Rate, Unlimited, No Trench

show: The Great Kingdom - Manual, Escalating, Chained, Trench

show: Realm of Might - Manual, No Spoils, Adjacent, No Trench

show: Imperial Dynasty - Manual, No Spoils, Chained, Trench

show: Rebel Territory - Automatic, Flat Rate, Unlimited, No Trench

show: Barbarians - Automatic, Escalating, Chained, Trench

show: Yer Village - Automatic, No Spoils, Adjacent, No Trench

show: Rhu Village - Automatic, No Spoils, Chained, Trench

After this, there will be 8 players left, each representing their own castle. Now, they must march on to unite the realms.
The player will be placed in a random order. Each round, the first player chooses a lord to "attack", then the second player chooses a different lord to "attack" etc. until the last player is forced to attack 1 remaining player.

Is there some kind of ranking system or is it random who gets to pick first?
qwertylpc wrote:This means that every player will attack 1 person, and defend from 1 person. (A player may choose themselves, which means they don't attack or defend)

If you successfully defend your castle you maintain it :) , if you fail to defend your castle you lose it. :(
If you successfully assault a castle you capture it =D> , if you fail to assault a castle, your opponent retains it. :-s

All games will be 1v1, Sequential, Fog, and the remaining settings based on the defending territory.

After this, 4 players will remain, each with 2 castles. The same thing is done again with these 4 however you assault/defend 2 castles a round (if possible).

What's to stop someone from having 5 castles and 3 people with just 1? Once someone holds 2, are they automatically through?
qwertylpc wrote:If at any point you don't have a castle you are imprisoned

After this 2 remain. Each with some number of castles + villages. Now up to this point castles and villages were equivalent, but we all know what the objective in Feudal is, and that is to "Unite the Lands"

So, the players will challenge each other 2 castles/villages a round until 1 player holds all 6 castles, and they will be declared the Feudal OverLord =D> =D> =D>

Now a few days go by, and you've already become a lazy ruler, a fact which your opponents want to capitalize on. In your initial castle, there are 3 knights who you thought were beheaded who really are alive. :shock:

They fight in a 3-player Standard Game, the 2 losers are actually killed :o while the winner advances. :)
This winner will fight your 2 minions in another 3-player Standard Game, the 2 losers are actually killed :o while the winner advances. :)

Now you have 2 minions from each of the 7 remaining castle/village, and a ruler from each village who miraculously escaped :shock: .
The 2 minions will fight in a best of 3 1v1 game with their designated settings, and the losers are actually killed :twisted:.
The winner fights another best of 3 1v1 for control of the castle/village against the prior ruler and the losers are actually killed :twisted:, while the winner advances.

How are you deciding who is the ruler, minions, and knights?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby qwertylpc on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:52 am

chapcrap wrote:This is a little bit of a crazy setup, so I want to make sure I understand what's going on before I give it the OK. :)

qwertylpc wrote:After this there will be 3 people remaining from each castle, (24 overall), who will battle again for control of the castle

That should be 24, not 18, right? Yes I fixed it.

qwertylpc wrote:After this, there will be 8 players left, each representing their own castle. Now, they must march on to unite the realms.

Is there some kind of ranking system or is it random who gets to pick first? It already said random

qwertylpc wrote:This means that every player will attack 1 person, and defend from 1 person. (A player may choose themselves, which means they don't attack or defend)

What's to stop someone from having 5 castles and 3 people with just 1? Once someone holds 2, are they automatically through? Correct
qwertylpc wrote:If at any point you don't have a castle you are imprisoned

How are you deciding who is the ruler, minions, and knights?

The ruler is the person who won that village already in round 1.
The minions are the people who won the first stage of round 1 but lost their game for control.
Knights are the remaining 3, I will make clearer

Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Major qwertylpc

Re: Qwertylpc's Feudal Overlord (2,48)

Postby andyf23 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 am

Rebel Territory plz
Sergeant 1st Class andyf23

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

Everything looks good.

I'm in for Feudal Empire.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby qwertylpc on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm

chapcrap wrote:Everything looks good.

I'm in for Feudal Empire.

Did i get the all mighty chap to join my tourny :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-)

Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Major qwertylpc

Re: Qwertylpc's Feudal Overlord (4,48)

Postby qwertylpc on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm