Conquer Club

Federation Conquer Club de Football Polymorphic (CANCELED)

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Federation Conquer Club de Football Polymorphic (CANCELED)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:46 am

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SIGNUP THREAD. SIGNUPS POSTED IN THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED.

A while back, during my brief stint as head of the Entertainment Team, I was thinking about possibilities for a 2014 World Cup event. I had an idea – instead of just doing the World Cup, why don't we include the World Cup qualifiers? In fact, why don't we do the full 4-year "road to the World Cup," with qualifiers, continental competitions, and even friendlies?

So, I started a usergroup, with each member choosing a country. It started out well, but it became too much work having to get people to create their games, and a lot of people left, which created all kinds of chaos. So, I decided to do it a bit differently.

Therefore, I present to you:

La Fédération Conquer Club de Football Polymorphic: Redesigned!

Essentially, I have condensed the competitive FIFA schedule (continental championships, Confederations Cup, Olympics, World Cup qualifiers, and World Cup - men’s and women’s) into a (hopefully one-year-long cycle) that will repeat annually.

In each tournament, each match will consist of 5 games – 2 1v1, 1 poly 2, 1 poly 3, and 1 poly 4.
Why 5 games?
Because 5 is an odd number, which ensures that knockout-stage games will always have a winner (though non-knockout stage games can end in draws) - see "Scoring" spoiler for full details on that.
Why those particular game types?
poly 4 + poly 3 + poly 2 + 1v1 + 1v1
= 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1
= 11 players per team.
Ain't I clever? :D

show: Maps and Settings

show: Scoring

The current FIFA World Ranking and confederation weights will be used as the initial FCCFP World Ranking.
Once we have results, the FCCFP World Ranking will be determined by ranking points awarded according to the FIFA Coca-Cola World Ranking Procedure and the FIFA Women’s World Ranking Procedure, with minor modifications as necessary to suit our purposes.
Once we have World Cup results, we will use FIFA's method of determining confederation weights (see Page 2).
I have written a program to compute the ranking points for each match and will be using Excel formulas to compile the monthly men’s ranking, so no worries there.
Since the women’s ranking is a simple sum with no decay, it can and will be updated as each match is completed.
Whenever possible, I will publish the men’s ranking to be used for a calendar month on the first of the month. All men’s matches started in a calendar month will be scored according to the men’s ranking published on the first of that month and used to determine the men’s ranking for the following month.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Re: Federation Conquer Club de Football Polymorphic (FCCFP)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:49 pm

The 2015 Men's Continental Championships are open for signups!!

2015 AFC Asian Cup
2015 Africa Cup of Nations
2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup
2015 Copa America (FULL - Accepting Reserves)
2015 OFC Nations Cup (FULL - Accepting Reserves)
2015 UEFA European Championships

Join up, and let's have some fun!!

sempai

Postby TX AG 90 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:11 pm

What happens if we have multiple teams qualify out for the 2015 FCCFP Confederations Cup
Private TX AG 90

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:35 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:What happens if we have multiple teams qualify out for the 2015 FCCFP Confederations Cup

You pick one, and the other(s) is(/are) up for grabs to the public.
You could also choose not to play in the Confederations Cup, if you don't want to. (Your country still will, but someone else will be playing for them)

The World Cup will work the same way, as will the Olympics (NOTE: the Olympics are only a women's event, as underage teams compete in the men's event)

sempai

Postby stealth99 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:36 pm

1- Brilliant vision originally
2- Thanks for the incredible amount of time that I know you have put into this event
3- This new version looks like something that will be fun. I'm glad you had the tenacity to stay with this mate.

Question 1:

sempaispellcheck wrote:In each match, the two 1v1s will be on the continent maps of the two teams' confederations:

I'm confused about the setup. Will I represent one country permanently? For FCCFP Rankings, will I be looking for my name or my country? In your statement above, who are "the two teams"?

Question 2:

Are all of these tournaments going to run the same time? If I sign up for one tournament as Canada, can I sign up for another as USA? Can I even play in all tournaments? Sorry, I probably have not read the info good enuf.

Thank-you
Sorry, I've had to suspend my campaigns indefinitely.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Thank you. I've always been stubborn like that. :D

Let me separate your questions a bit and go point-by-point.

stealth99 wrote:Will I represent one country permanently?
No - unless you choose to, and are quick enough to signup for each tourney involving that country.

stealth99 wrote:For FCCFP Rankings, will I be looking for my name or my country?
Country - FCCFP Rankings will no longer have player names, since countries are no longer tied to particular players.

stealth99 wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:In each match, the two 1v1s will be on the continent maps of the two teams' confederations:

Who are "the two teams"?
The two teams playing the match. This will be determined on a match-by-match basis.
In a continental championship or World Cup qualifier, all 1v1s will be on the same map.
For a World Cup, however, this probably won't be the case for the majority of matches.

stealth99 wrote:Are all of these tournaments going to run the same time?
All men's continental championships will be run at the same time, and all men's World Cup qualifiers will be run at the same time, but they'll probably start a month or two apart - and of course, the women's tournaments will be going on as well.
Things are going to be a bit cramped this year, because I'm trying to get everything done by year end, but I should be able to space things out more come 2016.

stealth99 wrote:If I sign up for one tournament as Canada, can I sign up for another as USA?
Absolutely. You can even play in a CONCACAF tourney as Canada and a UEFA tourney as France.
The only restriction is that you cannot play as multiple teams in the same tournament.

stealth99 wrote:Can I even play in all tournaments?
By all means - I, personally, am planning on doing precisely that.

sempai

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:57 pm

This is what tournaments should strive for. Congrats on the vision and thanks for the work.
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Federation Conquer Club de Football Polymorphic (CANCELE

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Tournament series canceled due to insufficient interest in component tourneys.

sempai

Return to Abandoned