Solar System Invitational 1/9/8 - 4 Prizes - (76/96)

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Gilligan on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:57 am

I'm gonna take the invitation 8)
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby rebelman on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:03 pm

thanks for the pm, this tournie is a great idea to reward your contributors and i am looking forward to playing your map but i will not be entering this tournie.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby riggable on Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:06 pm

well i got invited, so how the hell could i refuse? :)

in in in
Sergeant 1st Class riggable

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Unit_2 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:36 pm

i'll play

BTW, you have the start date worng, it says 2007, not 2008 :wink:
Private 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby maxdetjens on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:43 pm

Unit_2 wrote:i'll play

BTW, you have the start date worng, it says 2007, not 2008 :wink:

Hey Thanks!
Cadet maxdetjens

Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby RoOkAz on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:43 pm

im in tho i dont realy get how its formed...but count me in i trust you guys in declaring me the winner if i am ;)
Sergeant RoOkAz

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby maxdetjens on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:27 pm

RoOkAz wrote:im in tho i dont realy get how its formed...but count me in i trust you guys in declaring me the winner if i am ;)

Synopsys
Round 1 weeds out half the field and sorts the rest into 3 man teams.
Round 2 is 16 team bracket. it has power protect so its not quite a "sweet 16" style its more like the way the NFL does its playoffs.
Round 3 takes the best 2 three man teams and pits them in a 6 way battle.

the 3 players from the best team in round 2 win. The winner of the single game in round 3 is also a prize winner.
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby klinlin on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:13 pm

I'll Play
"I Don't believe in God"

doctors note:

this is the last known statement of the deceased
just before he was struck by lightning out of a clear sky
Cook klinlin

Postby GreecePwns on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:28 pm

You should include the GMT (-7 I think?) for the "All times are Mountain" part.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby insomniacdude on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:30 pm

I'll decline the invite. I don't like Freestyle too much. Though I appreciate the offer, and extend my congratulations out to the quench.

If you are still wanting/looking for some sort of assistance with the tourney, though, I'd be glad to help out.
Cadet insomniacdude

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Thanks for the invite...

Postby mrjayfbennett on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:09 pm

...I'm totally in.
Lowest Rank Achieved: 12426
Sergeant 1st Class mrjayfbennett

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby rgclegg on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:11 pm

I'm in,
Sergeant rgclegg

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:19 am

GreecePwns wrote:You should include the GMT (-7 I think?) for the "All times are Mountain" part.

good thinking.
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Night Strike on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:27 am

Oh, geez, I didn't realize it was freestyle. I really want to play in this, but I will not play freestyle (I bet many others agree and may not have realized it). Please drop me unless you change it to sequential.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:18 pm

Night Strike wrote:Oh, geez, I didn't realize it was freestyle. I really want to play in this, but I will not play freestyle (I bet many others agree and may not have realized it). Please drop me unless you change it to sequential.

I checked. about 2/3 of games played are sequential so your right in that its probably the preferred style. I need to have at least one freestyle round in that i want the map to undergo that kind of abuse. What I would consider is changing round 1 to sequential figuring 6-man terminator is probably one the hardest ways to play freestyle. I then have the issue of changing the rules after i have collected sign ups.

So What I'll do for the time being is unconfirm you. If you can't stand the notion of a sequential terminator heat, freestyle team playoff and a sequential individual match I'll drop you, let me know.

As for the rules I'll put up a poll and i send a pm to all confirmed participants so they know its up for debate.
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Gozar on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:43 pm

I voted to switch to sequential. I didn't realize there were freestyle rounds (or I probably wouldn't have joined). Don't take me out though, if I make it to round two I can handle a freestyle game.
Lieutenant Gozar

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:45 pm

Just a note: I've posted the PSD files on the original Solar System Thread. So If you wanted to see my files... have fun.
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Gozar wrote:I voted to switch to sequential. I didn't realize there were freestyle rounds (or I probably wouldn't have joined). Don't take me out though, if I make it to round two I can handle a freestyle game.

I'm glad your being cool about it but i want to be totaly clear with you and anyone else who might have a simmalier concern.

Round 2 is a 16 team bracketed playoff . Which means a team could have up to 4 games in round 2.

If a player is worried that a freestyle game would ruin their record..... remember its single elimination so you could loose only 1 game so you have a stop loss of sorts. So it would be only one loss you could attribute to freestyle play.

Thank you all!
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:33 pm

to be honest i'd prefer all round to be sequential rather than freestyle.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:02 pm

DiM wrote:to be honest i'd prefer all round to be sequential rather than freestyle.

A sentament I understand. I want a freestyle round to shake out any game play issues that might arise from this new map. For example i think a clever freestyle player could realy exploit the alternating bonuses. I want to see if there are some players who are so crafty that weaker players are utterly caught with their pants down.
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Ill be in as well, the map looks awesome.

Though I also would prefer if we had no freestyle, too many loopholes that I hate to see win a game because of.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Count me in
Major Zemljanin

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:15 am

maxdetjens wrote:
DiM wrote:to be honest i'd prefer all round to be sequential rather than freestyle.

A sentament I understand. I want a freestyle round to shake out any game play issues that might arise from this new map. For example i think a clever freestyle player could realy exploit the alternating bonuses. I want to see if there are some players who are so crafty that weaker players are utterly caught with their pants down.

The thing is, this map will have been up for long enough by the time round 2 gets around that there will have been many freestyle games played on it. This map seems to be really popular, so there are going to people playing freestyle in all its different forms. You'll find out about any issues, if there are any.

By the way, I agree with DiM.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby maxdetjens on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:22 am

Night Strike wrote:The thing is, this map will have been up for long enough by the time round 2 gets around that there will have been many freestyle games played on it. This map seems to be really popular, so there are going to people playing freestyle in all its different forms. You'll find out about any issues, if there are any.

By the way, I agree with DiM.

Its a fair point. I'm going to let this poll run for a bit (even though the outcome seems clear at this point). after that I'll look into changing round 2. So hang with me everybody.
Cadet maxdetjens

Map Contribution (1)

Postby rotationx on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:40 am

Count me in.
Corporal rotationx

Standard Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Abandoned