Conquer Club

Trip Through Time Tournament- Active

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trip Through Time Tournament- Active

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Trip Through Time Tournament (T^3 Tournament)

Introduction

The T^3 Tournament is a 32 team (64 man) single elimination tournament. The first 3 rounds consist of 2 vs 2 matches, and the fourth and final round consists of the remaining 4 teams. All games are doubles sequential. Winners move on and losers are eliminated.

All players are accepted (premiums, and non-premiums) (with a teammate and without one). If you do not have premium have at least one game slot empty at all times. If you do not have a teammate you will be paired randomly with another in the same situation.

The first three rounds sequence from past to future. Round one is medieval themed. Round two is 20'th century themed, and round three is post modern.

Round 1- Medieval Times

The name of the game here is to conquer and siege your opponent's castle. To get to your opponent's castle you must win scenario 1 (see below). Then to capture your opponent's castle, you must win scenario 2. If you fail in capturing the castle you are kicked back to scenario 1. This continues until one team captures the other's castle by winning scenario 1 then scenario 2 in order.

Scenario 1
Feudal War= fog of war - unlimited fortifications - no cards

Premise: You are trying to get to your opponents' castle. Lacking technology, you only have accurate information on part of the map. Also, considering the time which commences in a turn, the armies have plenty of time to fortify wherever they want on the map.

Scenario 2
Siege= no fog of war - adjacent fortifications - flat rate cards

Premise: You are finally sieging the castle! With a battle of this small size, you have a pretty good idea of who is where (no fow), but the battle is going so quickly you lack the time to properly fortify (adjacent fortifications). Also, conquering areas is a morale booster which can turn the tide of the battle (flat rate cards).

Round 2- Modern Times- WWII

This round decides the fate between the axis and allied powers. Win two out of the three games to you win WWII and proceed on to the next round.

Game 1
World War II Eastern Front= Fog of War - Chained Fortifications - Escalating Cards

Premise: This is our start of the war. Victories at this stage of the war work both as a morale booster and help the recruiting process. Additionally, technological advances allows soldiers to move large distances over a short amount of time. However, we still have not broken all of the enemies' codes, and thus are left in a fog of war.

Game 2
D Day= no fog of war - adjacent fortifications - flat rate cards

Premise: This key battle in the war leaves no time for major fortifications. The battle is small enough to allow us to know the locations of our enemies' troops, and our victories build morale but cannot aid significantly.

Game 3
World War II Iwo Gima= fog of war - adjacent fortifications - no cards

Premise: Though this battle is small compared to a full blown war, there is enough guerrilla warfare to undermine solid intelligence. Also considering the exhausting and depressing conditions, victories offer negligible benefits beyond their tactical importance. Again, there is no time for major movements of troops.

Round 3- The Future- A War Between Species

One team is dubbed the aliens, and the other the humans. The two fight to destroy each other's civilization. This round is like the first where you had to progress to capture each other's castle, but now the 'home castles' differ from team to team. If the alien's win in scenario 1 they progress to the human home world (scenario 2H), but if the humans win they proceed to the alien home world (scenario 2A).

Scenario 1
Solar System= no fog of war - unlimited fortifications - escalating cards

Premise: The war consists of a great many solar systems, and the technology is top edge. Intelligence and transportation are perfect, and recruits just stream in.

Scenario 2H
Extreme Global Warming= fog of war - adjacent fortifications - no cards

Premise: Global warming has run rampant and messed with just about everything, including the technology (The scientists do not know why it effects the machinery. If they did they would have fixed it). Thus intelligence and transportation are once again full of holes. The humans are lacking morale due to the losses in the last round, and the aliens are too far away to make good use of recruitment. Thus there are no cards.

Scenario 2A

Space= no fog of war - chained fortifications - escalating cards

Premise: The humans have finally made it to the alien home world. Both sides have gone through significant steps to disable each other's transportation, and thereby limit it. Still, the intelligence technology is good. The alien's rather then be depressed by earlier events, have their inspiration doubled. Also the humans are fanatic about destroying what they see has a 'hideous race'. Thus recruitment is multiplied heavily by successes on the field.

Round 4- The Finals

Now we should be down to the last four teams. This battle consists of a doubles match between them, winner takes all.

World 2.1= fog of war- chained fortifications - no cards

Other Information

If we end up with an odd amount of people without teammates one will be randomly dropped. We are looking for 64 players, and 10 reserves. However, this tournament can be done with 48, 32, or 16 players. These last three cases would result in less teams in the final match.

All games are doubles, and all pairing assigned randomly. If a team does not enter their game within 48 hours of being pm'd about it, then they forfeit that game.

If the first or third rounds run too long due to endless loops of games, I will reserve the right to declare a sudden death round which would take place on whatever map is next in the order.

I will update this post with match results, pairings, and other information daily.

Teams Signed Up

1) amazzony / simor
2) Evil Semp / Mrs Semper
3) Natewolfman / Lone.prophet
4) Eats / flavanoid
5) Forza Az / Dragon Dor
6) Pascalleke / Nachito
7) Team Long Balls- Nokelberry / Joshsoccer 7
8) mbento / acores 2005
9) crywolf / sd031091
10) Tieryn / jruss
11) hidden dragon / kronic69
12) redrover23B / diamonds 14
13) Arcee / Night Strike
14) jsmith72 / illusions850
15) Natelya/General Franco
16) BagwellTheGreat / Lucifer4o

Reserves
1) cazmart / bspride
2) jgazaille / Bones2484

Round One Pairings

1) amazzony / simor --- Natewolfman / Lone.prophet
- 1.1 - amazzony / simor
- 1.2 - amazzony / simor
- Win- amazzony / simor

2) Evil Semp / Mrs Semper --- Natelya/General Franco
- 1.1 - Natelya/General Franco

3) Eats / flavanoid --- Pascalleke / Nachito
- 1.1 - Pascalleke / Nachito
- 1.2 - Pascalleke / Nachito
- Win - Pascalleke / Nachito

4) Forza Az / Dragon Dor --- jsmith72 / illusions850
- 1.1 - Forza Az / Dragon Dor

5) Team Long Balls --- hidden dragon / kronic69
- 1.1 - Team Long Balls
- 1.2 - hidden dragon / kronic69

6) mbento / acores 2005 --- Arcee / Night Strike
- 1.1 - Arcee / Night Strike

7) crywolf / sd031091 --- redrover23B / diamonds 14
- 1.1 - redrover23B / diamonds 14

8) Tieryn / jruss --- BagwellTheGreat / Lucifer4o
- 1.1 - Tieryn / jruss
Last edited by Physics=2muchFD on Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Captain Physics=2muchFD

Postby amazzony on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm not sure if it's mentioned or not but... is it only premiums or non-premiums can play also?
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 pm

amazzony wrote:I'm not sure if it's mentioned or not but... is it only premiums or non-premiums can play also?

I think I mentioned in extra information that it is open all (meaning premiums and non-premiums), but I will change the post to state it more explicitly and earlier on.
Captain Physics=2muchFD

Postby amazzony on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:44 pm

It's kinda late so I guess I missed it :oops:

Anyway, I'm in. My partner is simor
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Team Semp will play.

Evil Semp and Mrs Semper
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Natewolfman on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 pm

sounds fun my partner is Lone.prophet
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:03 pm

Its a pleasure to have you all.

amazzony wrote:It's kinda late so I guess I missed it :oops:

Anyway, I'm in. My partner is simor

Your in.

evil semp wrote: Team Semp will play.

Evil Semp and Mrs Semper

ditto

natewolfman wrote: sounds fun my partner is Lone.prophet

see above
Captain Physics=2muchFD

tournament

Postby Eats on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:36 pm

count Eats and flavanoid in!
Lieutenant Eats

We want to join :)

Postby sd031091 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 am

Physics=2muchFD and sd031091 will play as team Physics
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example."
Corporal sd031091

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 am

eats wrote: count Eats and flavanoid in

your in

sd031091 wrote:Physics=2muchFD and sd031091 will play as team Physics

I'm glad you want to join, but I could not enter. It would be unprofessional for me to do so. I actually sent the link because I thought you might be interested in joining with someone else or be interested in that I started the tournament in general. :wink:
Captain Physics=2muchFD

Postby Forza AZ on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 am

I'm in together with dragon dor.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Physics=2muchFD wrote:
eats wrote: count Eats and flavanoid in

your in

sd031091 wrote:Physics=2muchFD and sd031091 will play as team Physics

I'm glad you want to join, but I could not enter. It would be unprofessional for me to do so. I actually sent the link because I thought you might be interested in joining with someone else or be interested in that I started the tournament in general. :wink:

Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with the organizer joining his own tournament. Almost all of us do it. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby pascalleke on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 pm

me and nachito 8)
Sergeant pascalleke

Sign Me Up

Postby nokelberry on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Fantastic. Sign me up.

Team Name: Long Balls
Team Mate: Joshsoccer7[/url]
Brigadier nokelberry

Postby mbento on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:06 pm

I would like to join

mbento / acores2005
Sergeant 1st Class mbento

Postby CryWolf on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:01 pm

CryWolf and Sd031091 will play
Lieutenant CryWolf

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 pm

forza az wrote: I'm in together with dragon dor

pascalleke wrote: me and nachito

nokelberry wrote: Fantastic. Sign me up.

Team Name: Long Balls
Team Mate: Joshsoccer7[/url]

mbento wrote:
I would like to join

mbento / acores2005

Crywolf wrote: CryWolf and Sd031091 will play

Your all in

Optimus Prime wrote: Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with the organizer joining his own tournament. Almost all of us do it.

Interesting... I will have to take that into account. In most tournaments I play it is otherwise, but in those there are usually some money at stake.
Thanks for the heads up.
Captain Physics=2muchFD

Postby Arcee on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 pm

Night Strike and Arcee would like to play.
Sergeant 1st Class Arcee

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Physics=2muchFD wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote: Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with the organizer joining his own tournament. Almost all of us do it.

Interesting... I will have to take that into account. In most tournaments I play it is otherwise, but in those there are usually some money at stake.
Thanks for the heads up.

Where else are you playing tournaments? I haven't seen you in these forums . . . like, ever. :|
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:13 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Physics=2muchFD wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

Where else are you playing tournaments? I haven't seen you in these forums . . . like, ever. :|

I was not referring to risk. I play a card game called Magic the Gathering. Though I am not playing it so much this year, last year I was among the top 8 players in the state. I generalized off of my experiences there that I should not enter my own tournament, but failed to take certain aspects into account.
Captain Physics=2muchFD

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Physics=2muchFD wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
Physics=2muchFD wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

I was not referring to risk. I play a card game called Magic the Gathering. Though I am not playing so much this year, last year I was among the top 8 players in the state. I generalized based off of my experiences there that I should not enter my own tournament, but failed to take certain aspects into account.

Aaaaah.....I see. :) Well, that makes more sense to me now.

Anyways, as a Tournament Director, I can assure you it is perfectly fine for you to play in your own tournament. As long as you don't go changing rules on your players to benefit yourself you'll have no problems.

Optimus Prime . . . rolling out!
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Tieryn on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:44 am

Myself and jruss will play as a team
Sergeant 1st Class Tieryn

we would like in

Postby kronic69 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:39 am

hidden dragon and Kronic69...
Sergeant kronic69

Postby RedRover23B on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Count us in.

RedRover23B and Diamonds14
Corporal RedRover23B

Postby Physics=2muchFD on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Tieryn wrote:Myself and jruss will play as a team

kronic69 wrote: hidden dragon and Kronic69...

RedRover23B wrote: Count us in.

RedRover23B and Diamonds14

You're all in.
Captain Physics=2muchFD

Next

Return to Abandoned