Round Robin Ettiquette

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Round Robin Ettiquette

Postby deathcomesrippin on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Is it ok to start another round of a RR tourney before the final games of the last one are played? Since the outcome of the games has nothing to do with advancing until all games are played, I assume it is ok to do. Thought I would check if it is proper procedure though.
Lieutenant deathcomesrippin
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10) General Contribution (6)

Re: Round Robin Ettiquette

Postby Lindax on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:18 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:Is it ok to start another round of a RR tourney before the final games of the last one are played? Since the outcome of the games has nothing to do with advancing until all games are played, I assume it is ok to do. Thought I would check if it is proper procedure though.

You can most certainly have overlapping rounds in a round robin tournament system.

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 126
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (9)

Return to Tournament Archives