Haiti Benefit Tournament...

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Haiti Benefit Tournament...

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:07 am

Ok, I just need to see if all this is legal and cool with CC before I pursue it.

If you haven't seen already, a massive earthquake hit Haiti and the damage and loss in life is catastrophic. For some reason, my mind was drawn to the Haiti map on CC and I thought it possible an attention campaign might be worth the effort. Then another idea came to mind, $1 per entry with all proceeds going to the International Red Cross, or a Haiti benefit charity once one turns up.

However, I imagine CC has rules against tournaments for money and was wondering if this breaks them or what have you. Perhaps it could be done in conjunction with a mod or something.

Details of the Tournament idea:

48 bracket tournament, seeded at random all on the Haiti map
Earn your place in the game for $1 paypal donation, of which will be given to the International Redcross, including your name if you choose.
In the event 48 people do not sign up and the tournament is a bust, whatever proceeds will be donated anyway.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Re: Haiti Benefit Tournament...

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Entry fees for tournaments are not allowed, even if it was for a good cause.
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Fair enough. I'm going to run the tournament anyway and just provide links to news updates and sites where people can donate.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Maybe you could indicate *Premium Prize* and then just donate $25 to the cause in the winner's name?

I guess though this relies entirely on you, and not the good of CC in general spreading it around...
Then again that might not be a good idea either, it is kind of misleading...
Private SuicidalSnowman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Return to Tournament Archives