Conquer Club

Time to Lock this thread

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: HighlanderAttack is tired of Night Strike

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 am

HA should not have posted this.
However Night Strike may have behaved in the past, he's gone about this change the right way.
And I like the changes to tourney rules. I'll feel better having a tourney medal for knowing there are sensible minimums to achieve one.
Hope you calm down HA, and return to organising excellent tourneys.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby ask me2 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 am

Let him keep going his tournaments are great!
Major ask me2

Postby ETROPAL on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 am

HA make a good tourmement and i a pleasure participate this tourmement

and lord voldemort is bad tournement organiser.
http://chipv.freehostia.com/scoreboard. ... 1&st=Score

Puis,c'est très difficile pour moi d'essayé de comprendre la langue de Shakespeare, alors parler moi pas ou parler moi en français, la langue de molière.
Private ETROPAL

Postby redtide on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:04 am

HA's tourneys are the best. Why in the world would anyone try to do something to cause him - or anyone else - to run less tourneys, or to dictate how they're run? You see a tourney advertised, if you like the format you join, if you don't, you don't. Why would it get any more involved than that? Please, Night Strike or anyone else screwing this up, just go away and let people play the friggin' games they want to play. This is absurd.
Corporal 1st Class redtide

Postby redtide on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 am

lord voldemort wrote:Everyone needs to take a step away from their computers for a while...
Please remember
Not much is actually changing. The massive change is to the quick 16 player 1v1 tournaments. It is quite simple to chagne them to add an extra round hence 32 players or to even make them a best 2 out of 3. It is a minor detail.

What if I want to play in 16 player 1v1 tournaments that don't have a best 2 out of 3? How exactly is this a minor change, if this change makes that impossible? Why do you or anyone else care what type of tourney I can join? I pay my annual dues, why can't I have the freedom to pick and choose what tournaments I want to play in?
Corporal 1st Class redtide

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 am

amazzony wrote:I hope you are ashamed Highlander because you were trusted by a moderator in a discussion and misused the trust. This is low and you've shown what awful and childish person you can be.
I will not answer to the points because Night Strike will get my private answer as was asked in his PM.

No way would I be ashamed. What would you suggest-for me to tell night strike that I do not believe in restricting tournaments and take the time to go over each detail for it just to be ignored like the past two occasions concerning franchised tourney medals and concerning speed tourneys. I was not going to respond to him just for my thoughts to be swept under a rug.

There is no reason to make restrictions on tournaments because Night Strike wants to. What is the real underlying reason to why this is happening? Work Load--very simple. He does not like small tourneys and it causes him to have to do more work.

Well I don't like joining large clunky tourneys where half the field end up being replace by reserves in a lot of cases. I just don't join them. We run these tourneys for free with our own free time because we love to do them and enjoy enhancing the CC experience. Restricting them only takes away from paying customers CC experience.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby superkeener on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 am

I have my own opinions on this matter. However, I can see the views of both sides, but remember these changes are classified as a "Proposal"

Stop the bashing and finger pointing, this was just a "Proposal" It is not set in stone, and it will probably be modified before a full launch. Try to keep this thread as objective and don't take it personal, so that any changes that "might" occur (these proposed changes, or any others) will only enhance the tournament scene.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby b00060 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 am

Too much drama. It was an easy fix for me, just stop making tourneys. That was the only way I could make sure I was in compliance with all of the rules and make sure I wasn't offending anyone. To be honest I am a lot happier now also. I was donating a lot of my free time to this site and getting nothing but complaints and have been able to get back to playing more games.
Captain b00060

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:23 am

johnkelly00 wrote:First off, I have personally enjoyed HA's tourneys and he runs a fairly tight ship from what I can tell.

Unfortunately, not all organizers are as... organized. Some tourneys I have no idea where things stand, when the next round is starting or what the ranks are.

I have never been too upset by tourneys that go nowhere because my expectations are low. At the end of the day, I don't think I'm alone in saying that I just want to play some games and have fun.

One last point before I move on... HA - I can understand where you are coming from - you invest a lot of your own time to make solid tourneys that are fun for the greater community. You probably feel like you are being squashed in creating new tourneys with the same level of freedom that you previously had. That being said, you might have tried addressing your concerns privately first before escalating it to the masses.

Good luck all - let's remember: it's only a game!

I have seen the message that I should have tried to do this privately first. If Night Strike did not set a precedence of just ignoring me in discussions about franchise tourney medals and speed tourneys, then I would have done that. I was not going to spend a bunch of my time going through each point for it just to be ignored.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 am

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:As one of the highest creator of tournies on this site and one of the longest all time active members, I am shocked that I did not get a PM asking for my insight. I am going to admit im not a big fan of Night Strike, in fact he is the only mod I dont care for, but not to ask for my opinions is basically saying he is just going to do what he wants to do anyway. I will leave it at that.

Wow-I thought for sure you were included--for you not to be included completely justifies me posting this. For this to be said to be a PROPOSAL is complete bull. Even with this thread I am sure these rules will be put into place because we just don't matter.

Postby superkeener on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:As one of the highest creator of tournies on this site and one of the longest all time active members, I am shocked that I did not get a PM asking for my insight. I am going to admit im not a big fan of Night Strike, in fact he is the only mod I dont care for, but not to ask for my opinions is basically saying he is just going to do what he wants to do anyway. I will leave it at that.

Wow-I thought for sure you were included--for you not to be included completely justifies me posting this. For this to be said to be a PROPOSAL is complete bull. Even with this thread I am sure these rules will be put into place because we just don't matter.

well hopefully, the ones in charge of the changes will notice that some of the tournament changes aren't being welcomed by all members of the community. In the message NS sent you and the other TOs he said "Each of you have the opportunity to provide me and the other Directors with feedback regarding these changes (you will reply to me and I will post them in a thread in our Director forum, anonymously if you specify that desire). You may voice your support, rejection, critique, clarification, or other requirements you think need to be included."

so once this thread gets posted with the feedback from other TOs, hopefully we can all get it worked out and everyone will be satisfied.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby Falkomagno on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 am

I think that the most unfair thing about it is the fact that small fast tournaments will be NOT ALLOWED. That’s so stupid. If the issue is to equilibrate the medal value, well, refuse the medal for small or fast tourneys, but don't forbid the right to create those tournaments. It's a blind act and a dictatorial behavior. It's not forbidding how the things get better.

Let players who enjoy 16 singles tournaments be happy, and don’t limit insensibly the possibilities of tournaments with the blundering excuse of the medal
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby cpurcell on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

Is the tourney creating system broke? I don't believe so. Has the cliche "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ever been introduced to CC? Why is there an effort to put more restrictions on tourneys? I must say that I'm in with MG and Highlander on this one.

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Johnny Rockets on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:16 am

Falkomagno wrote:I think that the most unfair thing about it is the fact that small fast tournaments will be NOT ALLOWED. That’s so stupid. If the issue is to equilibrate the medal value, well, refuse the medal for small or fast tourneys, but don't forbid the right to create those tournaments. It's a blind act and a dictatorial behavior. It's not forbidding how the things get better.

Let players who enjoy 16 singles tournaments be happy, and don’t limit insensibly the possibilities of tournaments with the blundering excuse of the medal

Idiots.
Complacent Idiots.

Very comfortable reaping the benefits of volunteer labor aren’t you?

In most online communities, getting this level of participation from your members is almost impossible. The fact that so much time and effort is dedicated by H.A. and the other motivated T.O's should be revered with a little more respect than ignoring P.M.'s and tweaking rules that sit fine with the playing community.

Be Goddamned Grateful for the fact that these people IMPROVE your customer satisfaction lever and do their part in providing a positive experience. This by the way helps in subscriptions and resubscription for premium accounts that FUND your ass.

Fucking with something that seems to be working well, is approved of by the community, and is a no cost benefit to you is a huge sign of incompetence, or ignorance.

Wake the f*ck up.

Johnny Rockets
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 am

redtide wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:Everyone needs to take a step away from their computers for a while...
Please remember
Not much is actually changing. The massive change is to the quick 16 player 1v1 tournaments. It is quite simple to chagne them to add an extra round hence 32 players or to even make them a best 2 out of 3. It is a minor detail.

What if I want to play in 16 player 1v1 tournaments that do n't have a best 2 out of 3? How exactly is this a minor change, if this change makes that impossible? Why do you or anyone else care what type of tourney I can join? I pay my annual dues, why can't I have the freedom to pick and choose what tournaments I want to play in?

Well to start with being a premium member has nothing to do with tournaments. And I dont understand why this small change is such a problem.

and etropal. you only dont like me as a to because i rejected you from my tournament. It has nothing to do with the topic, so why post it.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby DdayIsNear on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:27 am

if i understand correctly this will get in the way of anyone playing anyone...i believe that anyone should have the ability to play anyone...rank is like your bank account, the higher your rank dont make you any better a player, just means you won more, and i know plenty of people who play low rank people to try to up their rank. so anyone play anyone is cool with me. if iunderstand the message correctly
Corporal 1st Class DdayIsNear

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:37 am

poptartpsycho18 wrote:I feel that since you keep up with them...

In the original thread that I posted it was proven by multiple members that HA was abandoning a few of his "longer" tournaments. So I don't see why this argument keeps getting used.

And to HA: No one is stopping you from running anything you want to run. You can still use call outs or whatever you'd like, the only difference is that the winner won't get a medal.
Major Bones2484

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 am

Bones2484 wrote:
poptartpsycho18 wrote:I feel that since you keep up with them...

In the original thread that I posted it was proven by multiple members that HA was abandoning a few of his "longer" tournaments. So I don't see why this argument keeps getting used.

And to HA: No one is stopping you from running anything you want to run. You can still use call outs or whatever you'd like, the only difference is that the winner won't get a medal.

A. One tourney was abandoned out of 133 because I lost the spreadsheet when moving. Nothing I could do about that.

B. I posted this here because I knew from previous issues that no matter what I said to Night Strike it was still going to be his way and what I thought would not matter anyway--still don't think my thoughts mean anything on this site anyway. It is the few like you who are buddy buddy that with the mods that will get your way in the end.

C. Running private tourneys is impossible because I cannot set the games up-you need privileges to do this.

D. This will eliminate freemiums from playing simple tourneys like Don't Blink because they will have to play three games per round. The whole idea behind Don't Blink was manual quick tourneys that allowed Freemiums to play.

I have not gone through all the rules yet--I don't even mind them that much except I am against dictatorship from a few individuals.

Postby heatz on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 am

RoOkAz wrote:to be honest...i think the new rules are a bunch of shit.

Tourneys are going fine the way they are...why change a good running engine to make a possible defective same one

You hit the nail on the head mate, i really couldnt say it any better!!!

HA i love you tournies ( especially as i just knocked you out of 2 :P ), dont let this idiot put you off making them mate :)
Major heatz

Postby coacheberhardt on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:04 am

I play in tourneys because I like to. I play in tourneys rather then in regular games most of the time because if you take the time to sign up to play in a tourney you are probably someone that is actually going to play and not deadbeat.

I like the quick hitters that several To's have set up and I like the long ones.

It is my opinion if the organizer sticks with the tourneys then great.

I have never organized a tourney but have thought about it, most of the time I do not think I have the time to dedicate to do a good job so I choose not to.

I play CC because its something i enjoy, i could give to shits about medals or for the most part even my rank. I play a ton of games and am gonna get beat. Thats my choice some people only play their favorite map or play doubles or triples or quads with their buddies to boost their rank, again so be it thats their choice.

This shit is not life and death.
Cook coacheberhardt

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 am

Well now, this is certainly going to be interesting. :-s
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby nagerous on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 am

Classic! And so true....

Way too many people take this website too seriously and like real life.
Captain nagerous

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 am

Gilligan wrote:1) Good job on obliterating our trust in you, HA.
2) Yes, Dako and ZZ, it is a mimimum. You can run with more than XX players.
3) None of these things were set in stone in the first place, as pretty much stated in the PM so there's no reason to be bitching about it now but talking civilized about what you like and don't like.
4) Moved to the proper forum.

I don't feel this was wrong to do because the last two issues I brought in private to Night Strike were swept under the rug. In my opinion whatever I have to say about the rules would mean nothing especially since they were supposed to be sent back to him only.

He stated one pm back to him only--ridiculous.

He should have sent this to all tourney organizers.

This is just a way to dictate how Night Strike wants things. He has even told me he is against small tourneys.

Eventually I will go through all these rules and post my opinion about each.

Postby nudge on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 am

Given all the banter that has already taken place surely this has pointed out that the proposed changes are not necessarily welcomed by all members.

Therefore MODS, surely it is only fair to take each of your proposed changes to a member vote, lets face it, we (the members) who want to play tournaments should have some small say in what structure, form and rules tournaments should have.
On that note, here is my pennies worth :-D :D

How many tournys someone can host should not be limited. There are thousands of cc players (both premium and freemium) and it is only a small percentage of players that take the time to host tournaments. If you limit this it will achieve nothing but reduce the total number of tournaments available to everyone because not everyone has the time to host and care take them. In fact we could do with more tourney makers like HA and JR24 who are willing to keep pumping them out providing us all with hours of enjoyment. Hopefully they can keep it up. =D>

I don’t like 1v1 games much so will not play in those kind of tournys often so do what you want with them. :lol:

I often like to play against similar rank and above therefore I think allowing point minimums is great and this should be at the hosts discretion not some mods ruling. What is wrong with having a tournament that is for Colonels and/or above to see who is the best of the best. By the way don’t interpret this wrong...I am also happy to play lower ranks too, but this is and should always be at MY discretion too.

If you make a rule that tournys must be best of three and not single games to determine the winner you will inevitably make it very difficult for freemiums to play tournaments as they have 4 game limits. To achieve this you will eventually have to have some daft rule stating that tournaments must have a minimum week allowance to join games. Yeah GREAT :evil: , it sucks when people can’t join within 48hours let alone a week or more. Laugh and mock me but think about it before you do.

Like I said. It should go to a vote guys/gals. You may be moderators and your work and effort is generally well received but you don’t necessarily know what everyone wants. To often in today’s everyday life people are making changes to suit the minorities and not the majorities...

On another note though and nothing personal is meant here by the way, but how come Night Striker is a Tourny Mod anyway????? He has never been the author of a tournament. This seems a bit strange but I may be missing something somewhere !!!! :mrgreen:
Private 1st Class nudge

Postby keiths31 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 am

nudge wrote:
On another note though and nothing personal is meant here by the way, but how come Night Striker is a Tourny Mod anyway????? He has never been the author of a tournament. This seems a bit strange but I may be missing something somewhere !!!! :mrgreen:

Had you taken a few seconds to research this you would have found out he has hosted tournaments on CC since 2007...
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives