Conquer Club

[RESERVES] The Game of Life 1/4

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[RESERVES] The Game of Life 1/4

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Looking for a few reserves for a tournament that has just started. Its a fun, unique concept based around The Game Of Life board game. Mostly 1v1 games, sequential, standard, escalating, unlimited, sunny.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=118165

As a child, one of my favorite board games was The Game of Life. The premise of a game was to start in school, get married, have children and make your way through the ups and downs of life before retiring. This tournament will follow similar precepts and just as in real life, you're competing with someone each step of the way

Standard/Automatic/Escalating/Unlimited/Sunny*
Premium only please**
64 players will play 32 1v1 games starting at CC University.
32 graduate and try to become a City Mogul. The other 32 drop out and join the military (Citadel map).
From there your path is chosen by the games (mostly 1v1) you win, ending anywhere from Prison to the US Senate and everywhere in between. At the end of the tournament, your Life bio might read:
Lostatlimbo opened a business after college. It went bankrupt, so he returned to school to get his masters, got married & honeymooned in Europe, got divorced, re-married and honeymooned in San Francisco, bought a house in the suburbs, had 2 kids, held a night job as a janitor to support the family and eventually retired to the Midwest after gambling away his minimal savings.

You'll play for a paycheck and if you're good (and fortunate) enough to Retire wealthy, you will take a seat at the Poker Club and accept $10K bets from the regular Workforce (those still playing towards retirement). The player with the most wealth once everyone else is Retired, Dead, or Broke is the winner!

MAP
Click image to enlarge.

KEY
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by lostatlimbo on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Re: [RESERVES] The Game of Life 0/4

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Just need at least one person right now. Come on, it will be a great tournament, I promise! :)

Re: [RESERVES] The Game of Life 0/4

Postby Electricksabers on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:55 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:Just need at least one person right now. Come on, it will be a great tournament, I promise! :)

I'll do it
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Re: [RESERVES] The Game of Life 1/4

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:04 am

Last call

Return to Tournament Archives