Tournament Fillers

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tournament Fillers

Postby bignick5849 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey guys, I am about to start a tournament, and I had a great idea. Why don't I reserve some spots for clansmen? If the tournament is, say, 48 people, I can reserve 12-16 spots for different clans. I haven't determined the style and rules yet, but would this be something clans would be interested in doing?

It's a good challenge to see if:
1) your clan is better than average players
2) your clan is better than other clans on a neutral turf where you don't choose the map/rules.

Any clan that is interested, write on my wall or PM me, and if I get enough interest, I'll figure out the rules and start the tournament.

I am thinking a doubles tournament right now, that way two clansmen can play together. I'm also thinking that the first 8 clans that get back to me can submit a doubles team.

Any interest?

CONTACT ME-- BIGNICK5849

I look forward to hearing from you guys, make me proud!

-Nick
Lieutenant bignick5849

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Tournament Fillers

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:19 pm

If you start a team tournament a lot of clan teams will participate. That said, most people can't participate in every tournament, so most people probably won't just blindly sign up for a tournament before they know the format. Not sure if anyone's contacted you, but I doubt many have. Try posting it, you'll get a much better response
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Return to Tournament Archives