Percent of turns taken

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Percent of turns taken

Postby xakel on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:37 am

After running a few tournaments through to completion, ive had some players "disappear". I understand that things come up and take priority over CC. With that said, are there any guidelines on limiting entry into tournaments based on % of turns taken? Also id like to hear everyones thoughts on doing so, and what an acceptable cut off % is.
"People don't change, they're changed by the actions of others."
Cook xakel

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Percent of turns taken

Postby Lindax on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:42 pm

xakel wrote:After running a few tournaments through to completion, ive had some players "disappear". I understand that things come up and take priority over CC. With that said, are there any guidelines on limiting entry into tournaments based on % of turns taken? Also id like to hear everyones thoughts on doing so, and what an acceptable cut off % is.

Just to give you an idea: In the TO Forum 97% was mentioned as a reasonable cut-off percentage.

So far there is no official guideline or ruling on this.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (9)

Re: Percent of turns taken

Postby barterer2002 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:12 am

I have seen everything from 90 to 99 required. I don't use it myself, its easy enough to replace players just a pain in the arse.
Lieutenant barterer2002

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (2)

Return to Tournament Archives