Conquer Club

Introducing myself

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Introducing myself

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Greetings and salutations to all! For those who have never encountered me, I'm the new CC Dispatch reporter on the Tournaments beat. My special project is to interview the winners. If you want to see my first group of interviews, with Vaicius, Ubcman64, aalii, and CAPK81, check out issue 41 of the Dispatch here.

When I volunteered for this project, I offered to interview "all of the tournament winners." How naive I was! I had no idea what a staggering number of tournaments there really are. Now I understand that there is no way I will be able to get to everyone. I intend to publish three or four interviews in every edition of the Dispatch, but even so I will probably only get to talk to about 5 or 10 percent of all the winners. My approach will be partially random and partially targetted. Some will be chosen because of their fame or amazing stats, some will be chosen because I find the tournament that they were in to be unusual or especially interesting, and many will be chosen completely at random. I will pay special attention to those that are winning a tournament for the very first time.

If you are looking forward to telling the story of the exciting tournament that you were just in and want to be on my list, please feel free to PM me. Please, if possible, include a link to the tournament you were in. I will continue trolling the tournament threads looking for winners to interview, but it would be great if some of you were to come to me.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Introducing myself

Postby Arama86n on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 am

=D>

As you say, there are a LOT of tournaments. Your challenge will be keeping a close eye on the scene so you can pick out the really worthy winners of the long running and strenuous tournaments.

As for giving first time winners space, well, again depends on the tourney in my opinion. I recently won my first trophy, which I'm proud of as it was 15 rounds, 25ish games played. But I could just as easily have won one of the many 8team single elim dubs tourneys I play in, they're a lot of fun, usually quality competition, but not as worthy of bragging rights or mention imo as they're so short. (3 rounds/3 games)
But sure if a first time winner closes one of the longer running tourneys that's definitely worth a large round of applause and some attention :P

Anyway, good luck with your work!
Major Arama86n

Return to Tournament Archives