I had a dream.... about beta (MapMaker Killer series: MMK)

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is that a good idea?

YES
14
64%
YES but not in beta
2
9%
YES but only for beta
4
18%
NO
2
9%
 
Total votes : 22

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 pm

This is just a quick example
I'll also tell nightstrike to have a look on that thread first to see if everything is correct.

show: example


I'll also add colors and everything needed to make it nicer and also more rules about the tourney.

What could be beautiful is to have a special medal like a MMK medal only available on those tournaments. But if they do, it will be more rules like minimum number of players to obtain medals, and many more...
But I can't do nothing about that, so if the idea come true about those tournaments, maybe one of you (coloured names) could ask for a special medal. ;)
Last edited by DJENRE on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby MrBenn on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 pm

I know from experience that some tournament organisers do run tournaments on beta maps - to my surprise I actually won one on my England map when it was first launched!

I'm thinking that this conversation might be more appropriate within the tournaments forum... [moved]
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7059
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Nooooooooooooooo

DJENRE wrote:First of all, thank you so much, u exactly understand what Im trying to do.
    1) I want the people entering the tourney know why they're playing, and who will be the mapmaker they'll found in finale.
    2) so name of the mapmaker will be in the first lines of the thread in large letters.
    3) and also a biggest feedback from players while games are still beta
    4) When I did that post, I hoped nobody move it into tournament folder. I wanted that idea confirmed by cartographer first.

As many people feel ok about it, I'm going to create a quick example of what could be the thread for those tournament. I'll make it with vietnam cause I already have settings from mapmakers. See ya!


Please mr benn, I want to confirm many things with cartographers and have a feedback from nightstrike before we show anything in tournament forum.

Could you replace it in Map foudry please?

MarshalNey wrote: Otherwise, I think this is a wonderful idea, and a better integration of the different areas of CC. The Foundry could make some good use of Tourneys as Beta testing grounds, using custom settings and high-quality players. Also, it would be good to know if a map makes a 'good' Tourney map; after all that's the main area of map usage besides Clan challenges.


Please Please Please ;)
DJENRE
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:48 pm

DJENRE wrote:
perchorin wrote:The problem here is, most people play in tournaments for the winner's medal. What happens if the mapmaker wins, he/she gets a medal for winning one game? The other person in the finals comes away with nothing after all their hard work getting there? I think the only way you could do this is if the mapmaker was in the tourney from the very beginning and had to play/win just as many games as anyone else to win it. That's possible now, if said mapmaker is interested.


Yes, you're right about the medal and the final. Except if we tell the players that is a special "beta" tournament and that the mapmaker reach the finale directly. But I don't know if it's against cc rules. If it's not, we could do that.
ANd mapmker is not getting a medal after winning 1 game if it's best of 5 in finale for exemple, he will need 3 victories. But problem remain the same for a finale 4 players round robin for exemple.
CC rule tell that nobody can win a tournament without three games


The mapmakers can play the tournament winners in a separate series of games, but the mapmakers could not win the medal without playing the entire tournament as all players must have an equal (or nearly equal) chance to win the tournament based on the number of games/rounds played.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8622
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Night Strike wrote:The mapmakers can play the tournament winners in a separate series of games, but the mapmakers could not win the medal without playing the entire tournament as all players must have an equal (or nearly equal) chance to win the tournament based on the number of games/rounds played.


Night Strike,
Thank you for those indications.

While you're here, can u read last two posts (before yours) if you can do something and if you agree. (moved)
I would really like that cartographer can follow that post few more days. And I'm sure they will not if this thread in is the tournament forum.

Thank you

DJENRE
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby MarshalNey on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Night Strike wrote:
DJENRE wrote:
perchorin wrote:The problem here is, most people play in tournaments for the winner's medal. What happens if the mapmaker wins, he/she gets a medal for winning one game? The other person in the finals comes away with nothing after all their hard work getting there? I think the only way you could do this is if the mapmaker was in the tourney from the very beginning and had to play/win just as many games as anyone else to win it. That's possible now, if said mapmaker is interested.


Yes, you're right about the medal and the final. Except if we tell the players that is a special "beta" tournament and that the mapmaker reach the finale directly. But I don't know if it's against cc rules. If it's not, we could do that.
ANd mapmker is not getting a medal after winning 1 game if it's best of 5 in finale for exemple, he will need 3 victories. But problem remain the same for a finale 4 players round robin for exemple.
CC rule tell that nobody can win a tournament without three games


The mapmakers can play the tournament winners in a separate series of games, but the mapmakers could not win the medal without playing the entire tournament as all players must have an equal (or nearly equal) chance to win the tournament based on the number of games/rounds played.


I agree that the mapmakers shouldn't have a chance to win a medal, but I think with some creativity this tournament could still feature them.

For instance, what about a Whac-a-Mod type of scorekeeping, where the winner of the tournament is the player/team that eliminated the mapmaker(s) the most times in the finale? Or won the most games in the finale (not counting the mapmaker wins)?

That way, the mapmaker makes a 'guest' appearance as an obstacle/target, but doesn't have a stake in winning the tourney-- just winning the games and not losing points ;) There might be many mapmakers that would be flattered to take part and wouldn't need the enticement of a Tournament Medal to participate.

I've never made a Tourney, but would this idea fit within the guidelines?
User avatar
Captain MarshalNey
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:20 pm

MarshalNey wrote: I agree that the mapmakers shouldn't have a chance to win a medal, but I think with some creativity this tournament could still feature them.

For instance, what about a Whac-a-Mod type of scorekeeping, where the winner of the tournament is the player/team that eliminated the mapmaker(s) the most times in the finale? Or won the most games in the finale (not counting the mapmaker wins)?

That way, the mapmaker makes a 'guest' appearance as an obstacle/target, but doesn't have a stake in winning the tourney-- just winning the games and not losing points ;) There might be many mapmakers that would be flattered to take part and wouldn't need the enticement of a Tournament Medal to participate.

I've never made a Tourney, but would this idea fit within the guidelines?


I agree, the mapmakers, even if they don't get a medal, should be proud to defend their own map in finale. They could be under the spotlights in the thread and during the tourney. Most of the cartographers are unknown by players even if they do a great job.

About the finale, I think we have quiet the same idea but what is a Whac-a-Mod?

For the finale, if any player (/ team) can reach conditions to win the tourney, he becomes a mapmaker killer and get a tourney medal. If nobody can reach the number of victories needed or conditions needed, the Mapmaker stay as the master of his own map. And we could play another tournament in this case.
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby FarangDemon on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:01 pm

DJENRE wrote:
MarshalNey wrote: I agree that the mapmakers shouldn't have a chance to win a medal, but I think with some creativity this tournament could still feature them.


Yes, for the record I agree as well. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

DJENRE, I like your Whac-a-Mod idea in theory. I would be proud to defend the Thailand map. But it would be too many games for my liking, and I have clan obligations. So I'd prefer to just enter tourney as a regular combatant. Anyway, we can finalize details when the map actually becomes beta....
Click image to enlarge.
image

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
User avatar
Brigadier FarangDemon
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:36 am
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

FarangDemon wrote: Yes, for the record I agree as well. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.
DJENRE, I like your Whac-a-Mod idea in theory. I would be proud to defend the Thailand map. But it would be too many games for my liking, and I have clan obligations. So I'd prefer to just enter tourney as a regular combatant. Anyway, we can finalize details when the map actually becomes beta....


Yes I understand the problem. We have to check that before running any tourney.
I have to think about 2 things :
1) You (the MM) who have few time or other obligations
2] Players who has went through many games to see you in finale so we need a minimum of game.
I will set finale to fit with everybody's needs. I promess.
But as the mapmaker is the key of the tourney, we will match with him. If MM has only few time available I will send map for the finale one after another.

I think it's a better idea to see the MM only during the finale (if MM doesn't care about the medal of course).

But if many MM want to be in the first round, I could change my mind.
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:18 pm

There are other options available to include the mapmakers in the tournament, I was just specifically addressing the situation as originally presented.


I can't move the thread back without you getting a Cartographer to say it's fine (and to tell me which forum to put it in).
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8622
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby ange noir on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 am

hé je comprends pas bien le tous mais si le tournoi se fait je veux y etre :-s O:)
Captain ange noir
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:16 am
Location: entre ciel et terre
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby dragon dor on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:57 am

interresting idea like play vs the fondator map it s will be really fun and i see no lot tourney idea change except name and i can t get more medail so if something special here i want play in =D> :P
Image
hight rank général 3702 pts 10/02/12
User avatar
Lieutenant dragon dor
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:31 am
Location: France
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 am

Night Strike wrote:There are other options available to include the mapmakers in the tournament, I was just specifically addressing the situation as originally presented.


I can't move the thread back without you getting a Cartographer to say it's fine (and to tell me which forum to put it in).

Ok nightstrike, thank you.
If any cartographer move it, it's ok.
If not, I'll send them Pm so they could follow how things are going...

I'm also going to post a proper example of what a MMK tournament could be on Middle ages.
And also a kind of rules guide which need to be approved.

Maybe I'm dreaming but is there any chance those MMK become [OFFICIAL]?
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:53 am

This is a first drop of MMK main rules.
Night Strike : Can u tell me if it's correct and if there is anything to add.
Is there any chance to see that MMK becoming [OFFICIAL] as it should be a big help for cartographers to see players feeling about beta maps. I would like to do things properly.
Cartographers : Could you also have a look and also tell me, regarding the feedback from players, if we link them to the thread directly or if u prefer to create another appropriate thread to avoid any mess in the map foundry.

Everybody can tell if there is any more rules or indication to make.
Thank you in advance

show: MapMaker Killer series main rules
Last edited by DJENRE on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: I had a dream.... about beta

Postby DJENRE on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 am

This is a example of what thread could be.

Let me know if there is any change to make.
This has been done with fictives settings.
It's only to see how tournaments will be presented. See links to the thread and if cartographers are well deserved by this thread.

show: PREVIEW MMK series
Last edited by DJENRE on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Private 1st Class DJENRE
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 am
Location: where sun is shining!!!!
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login