End of tournament chronology

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

End of tournament chronology

Postby Rodion on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:06 pm

I'd like to know what happens after the TO declares a winner in the topic title.

Topic moved to completed and medal later?
Medal given and topic moved to completed?
Is it simultaneous?
Is the mod responsible for making the ongoing->completed move the one that gives the medals?
Brigadier Rodion

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: End of tournament chronology

Postby Lindax on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Rodion wrote:I'd like to know what happens after the TO declares a winner in the topic title.

Topic moved to completed and medal later?
Medal given and topic moved to completed?
Is it simultaneous?
Is the mod responsible for making the ongoing->completed move the one that gives the medals?

Steelhorse is responsible for registering Completed Tournaments. If we see there are quite a few Completed Tournaments danryan and I (Lindax) sometimes give him a hand.

Whoever checks and then registers the Completed Tournament in the Tournament Database awards the Tournament Achievement Medal(s) and Tournament Contribution Medal(s) and moves the tournament from the Ongoing Tournaments Forum to the Completed Tournaments Forum.

So, it's more or less simultaneous and the TD moving the thread is typically the same one awarding the medal(s).

Only exception is when a General Achievement Medal is involved. They get awarded independent of the process described above and are handled by me (Lindax).

Lx

Why are you asking? (Nevermind, I just found out why you were asking ;) )
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (10)

Re: End of tournament chronology

Postby Rodion on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks! ;)
Brigadier Rodion

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Return to Tournament Archives