Conquer Club

Conquer Club vs. Landgrab vs. Major Command

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Club vs. Landgrab vs. Major Command

Postby redhedge47 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:01 pm

i dont see why everyone is hating on this idea so much im in
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:18 pm

redhedge47 wrote:i dont see why everyone is hating on this idea so much im in

I think because no one knows me AND I'm from LG :P
You'll find I'm persistant when I get an idea in my head and act on it ;)
Private BadgerJelly

Postby grifftron on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah every player involved would have to play games on all sites to make it fair...I think it should be bigger sets then 3 games per site tho. 3 games on each site shows nothing.

Maybe each team gets to choose 5 different games a piece on each site, making it 10 per site... for a grand total of 30 games, if there happened to be a tie (which I am guessing there will not be). We could end with 1 extra game per site for a total of 33 games.

This would be the set up if we were going to play just CC vs LG first as I am not sure if MC is even interested. I still need to find 3 players unless QoH is willing to make an acct over there (It only takes a few moments ;)).

Oh yeah and I am guessing on CC this would be looked upon as a callout not a tournament is NS said it doesn't come close to meeting the standards of a CC tourney. But we could run it in the callout thread just fine I am sure.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby QoH on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:00 pm

grifftron wrote:Yeah every player involved would have to play games on all sites to make it fair...I think it should be bigger sets then 3 games per site tho. 3 games on each site shows nothing.

Maybe each team gets to choose 5 different games a piece on each site, making it 10 per site... for a grand total of 30 games, if there happened to be a tie (which I am guessing there will not be). We could end with 1 extra game per site for a total of 33 games.

This would be the set up if we were going to play just CC vs LG first as I am not sure if MC is even interested. I still need to find 3 players unless QoH is willing to make an acct over there (It only takes a few moments ;)).

Oh yeah and I am guessing on CC this would be looked upon as a callout not a tournament is NS said it doesn't come close to meeting the standards of a CC tourney. But we could run it in the callout thread just fine I am sure.

I already have accounts on all, but got fed up cause I was so fucking confused :roll:

I"m down for it. Griff, do you know Waterloo? 8-)
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby grifftron on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 pm

I know it, but I also know your the waterloo pro

Do you have skype is the more important question?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby QoH on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 pm

grifftron wrote:I know it, but I also know your the waterloo pro

Course I do! Do I talk with random strangers is the more important question ;)

(Not the pro at waterloo, talk to TheCrown or Dragon Dor)
Major QoH

Postby grifftron on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 pm

QoH wrote:
grifftron wrote:I know it, but I also know your the waterloo pro

Course I do! Do I talk with random strangers is the more important question ;)

(Not the pro at waterloo, talk to TheCrown or Dragon Dor)

good point 8-)
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BadgerJelly on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:51 am

All sounds good griff! I'll get onto MC soon and also see if I can find any interest there or elsewhere for that.

Whats your thinking on game formats? I was thinking keeping games to increasing cards as standard to avoid bog down ... also some ffa games would be fun killing off each others "teams" then fighting out the rest amoungst the winning team?
Private BadgerJelly

Postby QoH on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Is it just going to be Quads? Or can we throw in Doubles and Trips?

If so, here's my proposed format.

On each site, each group picks 2 doubles maps, 2 triples maps, and 1 quads map. Settings can be chosen from sunny/foggy, any spoils wanted, and automatic deployment, and seq turns. Spoils don't really matter - The longest NS game I played was quads which lasted less than 20 rounds.

FFA games would be pointless, as it would turn out to be team games all over again.
Major QoH

Postby grifftron on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:21 am

QoH wrote:Is it just going to be Quads? Or can we throw in Doubles and Trips?

If so, here's my proposed format.

On each site, each group picks 2 doubles maps, 2 triples maps, and 1 quads map. Settings can be chosen from sunny/foggy, any spoils wanted, and automatic deployment, and seq turns. Spoils don't really matter - The longest NS game I played was quads which lasted less than 20 rounds.

FFA games would be pointless, as it would turn out to be team games all over again.

Those settings sound good to me, but we got to remember when we play on away websites we are only allowed 4 games at a time I believe like on CC when you are freemium.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BadgerJelly on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 am

4 should be enough.

Anyway it turns out someone else was still chasing this on LG forums G.Kahn.
We have at least a dozen players wanting to get involved including (As far as I know!) some of our best team players :)

I suggest we all join sites we need too. I know quite a few players on LG have account on here already so it will just be a few more that have to join up.

We going to have somewhere official to post on here for this? I dont know how things work here but I get the distinct impression we're not wanted in this forum for whatever reason.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby QoH on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 pm

BadgerJelly wrote:4 should be enough.

Anyway it turns out someone else was still chasing this on LG forums G.Kahn.
We have at least a dozen players wanting to get involved including (As far as I know!) some of our best team players :)

I suggest we all join sites we need too. I know quite a few players on LG have account on here already so it will just be a few more that have to join up.

We going to have somewhere official to post on here for this? I dont know how things work here but I get the distinct impression we're not wanted in this forum for whatever reason.

4 is definitely not enough to make a real tournament out of this. It doesn't matter how many games we play really-we just go for as long as we need to.

I think I'm in LG already as QoH. Are we not including MC? Doesn't matter to me, as I'd like to get this started ASAP over Xmas break.

And I"ll set up a thread somewhere once we have the details finalized. What does Team CC get once we win?
Major QoH

Postby grifftron on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Yeah I don't like the 4 game per site setting... I say we make the sets bigger on each site.

This will have to start next year as its the holiday season and I will barley be on.

We can just keep track of the scores here on CC in the callouts forum, QoH or I will make a thread in the callouts forum once we get the players we need.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BadgerJelly on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:13 am

ok cool.
I'll try and get MC in on it but they will have to play ALL their games on our sites because you have to pay to play on theirs!

Over christmas is good for me but I doubt its ideal for most ...?
Private BadgerJelly

Postby dave9992 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:20 am

BadgerJelly wrote:ok cool.
I'll try and get MC in on it but they will have to play ALL their games on our sites because you have to pay to play on theirs!

Hey badger. I have accounts on all 3. At MC u can still play 4 games without going premium u just cant play bigger than 12 player games or games with fixed force. So games at all sites would be easy enough to organise. :)
Corporal dave9992

Postby BadgerJelly on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 am

dave9992 wrote:
BadgerJelly wrote:ok cool.

Hey badger. I have accounts on all 3. At MC u can still play 4 games without going premium u just cant play bigger than 12 player games or games with fixed force. So games at all sites would be easy enough to organise. :)

AH! Cool! Thats good news. I cannot get on there though because my account is blocked ... must have been from years ago when I first joined the site :? Somethings weird anyway but I'll sort it out.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby BadgerJelly on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:41 am

Well MC look to be interested and I found another site Dominate Game where I have just posted ... if we have 4 teams that would be perfect!
Still looking for more site though ....
Private BadgerJelly

Postby BadgerJelly on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:21 am

99% confirmed:
-LandGrab
-Conquer Club
-Major Command

Waiting to hear from:
-Generals Gambit
-Dominate Game
Private BadgerJelly

Postby grifftron on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:25 pm

I would rather stick to 2-3 sites max... im not going to sign up for every bloody risk site on the web bud
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BadgerJelly on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 pm

grifftron wrote:I would rather stick to 2-3 sites max... im not going to sign up for every bloody risk site on the web bud

The other sites are really small so they would have to come to us. They both seem relatively new too and would probably benefit from seeing other sites if they have'nt already.
Private BadgerJelly

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives